Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

COPA : MCO--SCL $658 one-way (Business Promo)

Old Apr 4, 2024, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

I've been looking at business class fares to/from SCL for the last couple of months, and this is by far the best price I've come across for a departure from anywhere in the U.S. or Canada. The itinerary I booked (June 30) even has lie-flat seats from PTY to SCL. Lots of availability into February 2025.

It won't be Delta One, but it's also about 1/6 the cost. Now to figure out SCL back to North America in mid/late July...
Old Apr 4, 2024, 5:58 pm
_fx

Programs: AS 75K, DL Platinum
JFYI, the lie flats are not guaranteed to stick. Copa's fleet is not standardized and equipment swaps are common. But if you are starting from MCO then I suppose it's a worthwhile deal as even if you get "downgraded" the price is still on par with PE on other carriers.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Good to know! I'm very happy with the times, and it's not an overnight, so an equipment swap wouldn't be a big deal to me. I should have added, like with Icelandair, you can add a free stopover in PTY. (I didn't, as our trip will already be long enough, but it was tempting.) I was looking at three different departure dates, and over the course of a few hours the lowest fares/best times were starting to disappear.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 6:23 pm
s44

Google and COPA search NO results. Please share link. Thanks
Old Apr 4, 2024, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by s44
Google and COPA search NO results. Please share link. Thanks

Here you go - https://www.google.com/travel/flight...hUwA5xUQEPjVd9

You can go to Google Flights and pick basically any date. This is the normal everyday price, so it should work almost any day you want.

Spoiler

s44 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

That's the "normal everyday price"? I'm shocked--it's so much lower than any BC fare to SCL from any other city in the U.S. The fare I purchased was called "Business Promo
s44 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 8:20 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
For your return, try DL SCL-ATL/MIA-(SJU) and just get off when you land in the US. $1050 one way. I think you can route LA metal to MCO even. The other option is GRU-MIA-XXX-(SJD/MEX/CUN) on AA. More like $1550 one way.
soy and mykel67 like this.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by stephem
For your return, try DL SCL-ATL/MIA-(SJU) and just get off when you land in the US. $1050 one way. I think you can route LA metal to MCO even. The other option is GRU-MIA-XXX-(SJD/MEX/CUN) on AA. More like $1550 one way.
You can also buy a one-way back to Orlando for a few dollars less that will let you check a bag and everything (ignore GoToGate).

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...uVzYfG6P45Q7q7

mykel67 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Thank you! I checked for options back to Orlando but couldn't find anything close to the same price. The Copa return is almost double. I will check again!
Old Apr 5, 2024, 11:35 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
when I was looking at flights back, there were definitely lots of Latam connections like that, through Bogota or Lima. But if I recall they are two fares (often combinable onto one ticket though), you are in a narrow body for the second segment and many of the departure times from deep South America were less than ideal.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by _fx
JFYI, the lie flats are not guaranteed to stick. Copa's fleet is not standardized and equipment swaps are common. But if you are starting from MCO then I suppose it's a worthwhile deal as even if you get "downgraded" the price is still on par with PE on other carriers.
Excellent points. Cannot tell you the number of times that my MIA PTY flights scheduled on 737MAX with the flat product were changed at the last minute. On short flights, I don't think Copa has a bad hard product regardless, but lately, they seem to have significantly reduced food in J.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.