Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AC - SJU-YTO/YMQ/YOW - $433 r/t - Domestic First

AC - SJU-YTO/YMQ/YOW - $433 r/t - Domestic First

Old Apr 15, 2024, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Delete
Old Apr 15, 2024, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
UPDATE

I called UA and they can see it was a C fare. They can't modify the points until 8 days after the flight on a Star Alliance booking, so it will be fixed on Apr 20-21. Whew.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
This will be part of a hugely complex itinerary involving many airlines on many separate tickets - my specialty. As always, if any part blows up in my face, c'est la vie![/QUOTE] This is why I love Flyertalk
PLeblond, cruser1 and Repooc17 like this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Yes, yes and no UA metal. Ticket clearly shows C class. No idea why UA posted it as T class. I will have to call later today.
T? This is an incorrect mapping to the G fare code. Wonder where they got that from!
Old Apr 15, 2024, 3:25 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
I could not resist this one and have jumped on the bandwagon as have never been to SJU ! Put my booking reference number into cowtool and it confirmed the G fare - GNA3A1TG. Shows only 50% miles on AC metal (YYZ-EWR and back), but 150% on UA, including the 767 on the return !

I did pay a slight premium however to get the lie flat on the way back - $561 instead of $554 CAD booked for the last possible day - outbound Apr 26, inbound on the 27th.

CC
margarita girl and cruser1 like this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
I could not resist this one and have jumped on the bandwagon as have never been to SJU ! Put my booking reference number into cowtool and it confirmed the G fare - GNA3A1TG. Shows only 50% miles on AC metal (YYZ-EWR and back), but 150% on UA, including the 767 on the return !

I did pay a slight premium however to get the lie flat on the way back - $561 instead of $554 CAD booked for the last possible day - outbound Apr 26, inbound on the 27th.

CC
The base fare is G, but it should credit based on the C fare code.
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
UA has special rules for crediting 014 tickets in Economy on AC metal where it pulls the last two letters of the basis and credits based on the branded fare type (Basic/Standard/Flex/etc) so that is probably messing up with the credit. Interesting to see what they do manually since they can see the C rbd.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Due to delay on Spirit out of FLL, I walked off the NK flight upon arrival, and walked onto the UA flight...lol

Cutting it close is my specialty, but it was bit nerve racking while at FLL. More later...
Old Apr 20, 2024, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did another of these SJU runs this weekend and decided to start the trip in YVR instead of YYZ. I flew to YVR the night before starting the MR. I was unable to do OLCI for my YVR-SJU-YYZ ticket, but I wasnt too worried since I had same problem last week.

At 06:00 PDT on date I was scheduled to depart at 13:00 from YVR-YYZ, I noticed that all my seat assignments had disappeared and I wasnt able to choose them again (error msg). I called AC and agent told me my reservation hadnt been ticketed. I said impossible since I booked 2 weeks ago, and my credit card was charged. Upon further digging she said that the fare integrity team said there was an error and I had been rebooked in economy G fare. 😳

AC never notified me or I would have canceled the ticket! Agent said I had 3 options:

- refund the ticket
- fly in economy
- pay to upgrade to J

I said I wanted what I booked and was confirmed by AC two weeks ago. I pointed out that reservation had been booked on AC website and not a 3rd party website. Agent was super helpful but said she couldnt do anything. She filed an escalation and also tried to reach out to a mgr at fare integrity since my flight was leaving in just over 6 hrs, but she couldnt reach anyone. She was very kind, but there was nothing else she could do. She wasnt too optimistic that anything would be changed before my flight departed.

I decided to go to airport early to see if they could do anything, but all they could do was check me into economy flights. I headed up to lounge and after an hour went down to front desk praying that something might have come from the escalation. The agent looked up my reservation and confirmed that I was in biz class. Say what? I didnt receive any notification from AC once again. I guess they were in the process of updating my reservation as only 3 of the 4 segments had been put back in J at that point.

In the end, AC did the right thing. Downgrading my ticket without telling me was simply unacceptable. So anyone still flying on this promo fare should make sure that their ticket is still intact. Enjoy your ride!
Old Apr 21, 2024, 12:19 am

I did another of these SJU runs this weekend and decided to start the trip in YVR instead of YYZ. I flew to YVR the night before starting the MR. I was unable to do OLCI for my YVR-SJU-YYZ ticket, but I wasnt too worried since I had same problem last week.

At 06:00 PDT on date I was scheduled to depart at 13:00 from YVR-YYZ, I noticed that all my seat assignments had disappeared and I wasnt able to choose them again (error msg). I called AC and agent told me my reservation hadnt been ticketed. I said impossible since I booked 2 weeks ago, and my credit card was charged. Upon further digging she said that the fare integrity team said there was an error and I had been rebooked in economy G fare. 😳

AC never notified me or I would have canceled the ticket! Agent said I had 3 options:

- refund the ticket
- fly in economy
- pay to upgrade to J

I said I wanted what I booked and was confirmed by AC two weeks ago. I pointed out that reservation had been booked on AC website and not a 3rd party website. Agent was super helpful but said she couldnt do anything. She filed an escalation and also tried to reach out to a mgr at fare integrity since my flight was leaving in just over 6 hrs, but she couldnt reach anyone. She was very kind, but there was nothing else she could do. She wasnt too optimistic that anything would be changed before my flight departed.

I decided to go to airport early to see if they could do anything, but all they could do was check me into economy flights. I headed up to lounge and after an hour went down to front desk praying that something might have come from the escalation. The agent looked up my reservation and confirmed that I was in biz class. Say what? I didnt receive any notification from AC once again. I guess they were in the process of updating my reservation as only 3 of the 4 segments had been put back in J at that point.

In the end, AC did the right thing. Downgrading my ticket without telling me was simply unacceptable. So anyone still flying on this promo fare should make sure that their ticket is still intact. Enjoy your ride!
I think you should have hung up and tried again? My biz seats disappeared as well on the UA segments and I noticed this happened last week? I just got rebooked to a flight in May with same schedule. Apparently UA decided to change aircrafts.

Maybe reservation not being ticketed is a different problem. Anyway people check your seats to make sure UA doesn't pull the rug under you

Last edited by dhcustom; Apr 21, 2024 at 12:30 am
Old Apr 21, 2024, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dhcustom
I think you should have hung up and tried again? My biz seats disappeared as well on the UA segments and I noticed this happened last week? I just got rebooked to a flight in May with same schedule. Apparently UA decided to change aircrafts.

Maybe reservation not being ticketed is a different problem. Anyway people check your seats to make sure UA doesn't pull the rug under you
So you think the AC agent was too incompetent to pick a seat for me in biz class? And she made up the part about being rebooked into a G fare?

Also, I didn't get into it, but after I hung up with the agent but before I left my hotel room, I got a call from someone in AC's IT department. He asked if I could email him a copy of my ticket so they could look into this further. They couldn't understand why the ticket booked into C class even though it said Economy - Standard fare.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I don't know what is happening behind the scenes, but the story holds water because itis correct - this is a G fare which is booking into C due to a clerical error made by AC.

Relatedly, the fare is now dead (at least from YVR, where I checked) and the booking code rule has been corrected.
margarita girl and Repooc17 like this.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by findark
I don't know what is happening behind the scenes, but the story holds water because itis correct - this is a G fare which is booking into C due to a clerical error made by AC.

Relatedly, the fare is now dead (at least from YVR, where I checked) and the booking code rule has been corrected.
Definitely some error in filing.

Flown segment posted to my UA acct as D earning only 200 PQP

Old Apr 21, 2024, 5:31 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

- refund the ticket
- fly in economy
- pay to upgrade to J

Glad it worked out and glad AC did the right thing.

Happy flying
margarita girl likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, IHG Spire, Marriot Gold
Margaritagirl, did UA correct your fare in the end?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.