Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AC - SJU-YTO/YMQ/YOW - $433 r/t - Domestic First

AC - SJU-YTO/YMQ/YOW - $433 r/t - Domestic First

Old Apr 9, 2024, 10:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, IHG Spire, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Btw, the nonstop flight between YUL and SJU is operated by Rouge, and is on Saturdays only (1x/week). Seasonal flight which started March 30.

It's an early morning flight, so then the rest of the flight segments prior would be overnight or the day before? I didn't research ex-YVR since I am already booked on a transcon flight ex-SFO
ex-YVR, these would be evening/night flights with that red eye to YUL and a morning departure to SJU for an early afternoon arrival. Same day turn around at 2:40PM back to YUL and then an eventual arrival back at YVR at 6:37AM. Tickets for 4/26 Friday YVR departure and 4/27 Saturday turn around are still available.

If leaving SFO, sandwich the YVR out/return with an evening ex-SFO on UA460 and return to SFO with a midday UA flight. I'm being ballsy and trying to hop on UA1449 leaving 7AM from YVR. If I don't make it, I'll just standby on a midday flight later that Sunday. All in all, 6:25PM Friday departure to 9:28AM Sunday getting back.
cruser1 likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by turbox3
ex-YVR, these would be evening/night flights with that red eye to YUL and a morning departure to SJU for an early afternoon arrival. Same day turn around at 2:40PM back to YUL and then an eventual arrival back at YVR at 6:37AM. Tickets for 4/26 Friday YVR departure and 4/27 Saturday turn around are still available.

If leaving SFO, sandwich the YVR out/return with an evening ex-SFO on UA460 and return to SFO with a midday UA flight. I'm being ballsy and trying to hop on UA1449 leaving 7AM from YVR. If I don't make it, I'll just standby on a midday flight later that Sunday. All in all, 6:25PM Friday departure to 9:28AM Sunday getting back.
Nice - happy flying!

I am not flying AC (or UA) ex-SFO. Prior to this fare, I have already had another fare booked, getting me to FLL. Continuing onward, I am flying NK to SJU, which uses the same terminal as UA (at SJU), also with gates very close to each other. This helps with the 1.5 hrs+ scheduled time interval in between (slightly less since departure gate technically closes at 15 mins prior).

This will be part of a hugely complex itinerary involving many airlines on many separate tickets - my specialty. As always, if any part blows up in my face, c'est la vie!
Brandinho1 and cruser1 like this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 1:40 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

As a data point, the last few times I flew through SJU it was an extreme excrement spectacle, though that was many moons ago. Even a simple AA-->AA connection took over 90 minutes to achieve and almost missed my flight... I swore off that airport a log time ago.
cruser1 likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by PLeblond
... extreme excrement spectacle...
quality wordsmith
cruser1 and jerrychuang like this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 2:10 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by NJSwamplands
quality wordsmith
Total plagiarism, but I thank you none the less.
cruser1 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PLeblond
As a data point, the last few times I flew through SJU it was an extreme excrement spectacle, though that was many moons ago. Even a simple AA-->AA connection took over 90 minutes to achieve and almost missed my flight... I swore off that airport a log time ago.
I like your choice of words!

Every time I have been to SJU I was released into the secure area of the terminal and could walk over to any of the other gates from the same airline I arrived on.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 6:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Lifetime, TK E+
I just wanted to share my experience with this booking thanks to Crucer1. I flew from YVR-YYC(AC)-ORD(UA)-SJU(UA) on a Saturday and Monday early morning SJU-IAD(UA)-YYZ(UA)-YVR(AC on 787). I credited all my flights to TK. So far, all my UA flights have been credited as expected, with 100% plus a 50% bonus. I'm still waiting for the AC segments to post and every seat was in J cabin!
Old Apr 11, 2024, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SQ025
I just wanted to share my experience with this booking thanks to Crucer1. I flew from YVR-YYC(AC)-ORD(UA)-SJU(UA) on a Saturday and Monday early morning SJU-IAD(UA)-YYZ(UA)-YVR(AC on 787). I credited all my flights to TK. So far, all my UA flights have been credited as expected, with 100% plus a 50% bonus. I'm still waiting for the AC segments to post and every seat was in J cabin!
Cool! Thanks for letting us know your your experience went.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 1:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (1w Emerald), United Platinum (*G), Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by SQ025
How many PQPs did you get?
Old Apr 13, 2024, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by jaro
How many PQPs did you get?
The OP credited to TK. PQP only applies to the UA program.

For UA metal flights, PQP is the fare paid generally speaking, regardless which airline ticketed. For non-UA metal flights, PQP for AC flights crediting to UA on AC plated ticket would be based on distance/award miles.

See post #34 an AC ticketed but wholly operated UA flights. PQP is based on fare paid despite not being ticketed on UA; UA gets all of your fare information.
SQ025 and jaro like this.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 7:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (1w Emerald), United Platinum (*G), Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by Repooc17
The OP credited to TK. PQP only applies to the UA program.

For UA metal flights, PQP is the fare paid generally speaking, regardless which airline ticketed. For non-UA metal flights, PQP for AC flights crediting to UA on AC plated ticket would be based on distance/award miles.

See post #34 an AC ticketed but wholly operated UA flights. PQP is based on fare paid despite not being ticketed on UA; UA gets all of your fare information.
I thought I had seen them crediting to UA, my bad
Old Apr 15, 2024, 7:14 am

Programs: *A Aeroplan 50k, SkyTeam Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, 60 countries visited
I got to ticket this on AC for YYZ – EWR – SJU.

Round trip $550 CAD on UA metal (slightly less than $400 USD can’t believe my eyes!!). Return flight first segment on a 767 in lie flat business class.

24 hours in San Juan. Looking forward to MR again after a few years of inactivity!

Nice find, cruser! Thank you very much!
PLeblond, cruser1 and turbox3 like this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
WARNING

I flew YYZ-YUL-SJU return on the weekend (all AC metal) and credited to UA. It posted as T class instead of C class. I was expecting 1784 PQPs. Instead, I got 416 PQPs!
Old Apr 15, 2024, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, IHG Spire, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I flew YYZ-YUL-SJU return on the weekend (all AC metal) and credited to UA. It posted as T class instead of C class. I was expecting 1784 PQPs. Instead, I got 416 PQPs!
Booked on 014 (AC) and flew all AC metal in C? Any UA metal segments?
Old Apr 15, 2024, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by turbox3
Booked on 014 (AC) and flew all AC metal in C? Any UA metal segments?
Yes, yes and no UA metal. Ticket clearly shows C class. No idea why UA posted it as T class. I will have to call later today.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.