Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA - RDU-WAS / WAS-RDU - $378 r/t - Domestic First - 240 TP's

Old Mar 11, 2024, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

American Airlines - Raleigh, North Carolina (RDU) to Washington DC (IAD / DCA) or the reverse - $378 roundtrip in domestic first. This is another roundtrip that is actually two one-way fares, so a one-way is about half the price of a roundtrip.

Pick a routing with two connections to maximize tier point earning. If you want to avoid an overnight stay, RDU-CLT-NYC-WAS-NYC-CLT-RDU can be completed in one day. If you want to maximize mileage earning connect in MIA Instead of CLT (RDU-MIA-BOS-WAS-BOS-MIA-RDU), but you can't complete the roundtrip in a single day (you can't complete NYC instead of BOS in a single-day either).

Availability is best in August and September, but other scattered dates work. Tuesday / Wednesday / Saturday departures.

Here are the possible routings -
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
1. RDU-BNA/RDU-WAS
2. RDU-CLT/MIA-BOS/NYC/PHL/WAS-WAS
3. RDU-CLT/MIA-WAS
4. RDU-WAS

Crediting to British Airways
240 Tier Points for the Roundtrip (Cost per TP - $1.57 or 1.23 GBP)

Crediting to Alaska Airlines
Route - RDU-MIA-BOS-DCA-BOS-MIA-RDU
4916 Miles Roundtrip
7374 Elite Qualifying / Redeemable Miles (Cost per EQM - 5.1261 cents)

Google Flights
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...ZZ5LMU176aUPD9

RDU-MIA-NYC-WAS-NYC-MIA-RDU
Google is finicky and doesn't want to display MIA as a connection option despite that being possible, so I'm providing links to two one-way flights, but AA should display MIA-NYC as connection options.
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...j7ZsyC2HWjiPx9
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...9mckamsfzskuq9

Spoiler

RDU-MIA-BOS-WAS-BOS-MIA-RDU
Again, Google doesn't want to display connections MIA-BOS, so here are two one-way flights
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...YjfjppuYLxjQSA
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...X6pCPfkMjd79w8

Spoiler

Sisyphus1carus and snabbu like this.

Last edited by cruser1; Mar 11, 2024 at 12:28 pm
Old Mar 11, 2024, 12:22 pm

Programs: Cheapest lie-flat available and credit card bestowed hotel elites now, long-time AA EXtraPotato then
Ah, there goes my well (or not so well) kept secret
cruser1 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerrychuang
Ah, there goes my well (or not so well) kept secret
Sorry! I did wait a while before sharing. I haven't seen this posted anywhere else though, it was just one I found since I live in NC.

Last edited by cruser1; Mar 11, 2024 at 12:29 pm
Old Mar 11, 2024, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
This fare was there for a lot of time so you didn't reveal the secret.
I remember when it was low as $103 o/w with 2-stops.

AA has very good network-wide Domestic F sales right now, especially on routing fares where there is non-stop direct competition.
cruser1, Sisyphus1carus and snabbu like this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
This fare was there for a lot of time so you didn't reveal the secret.
I remember when it was low as $103 o/w with 2-stops.

AA has very good network-wide Domestic F sales right now, especially on routing fares where there is non-stop direct competition.
Thanks! Yes, I waited for several weeks!

The fare was created
CREATED 23JAN24/1700
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:02 pm

Programs: Cheapest lie-flat available and credit card bestowed hotel elites now, long-time AA EXtraPotato then
Originally Posted by cruser1
Sorry! I did wait a while before sharing. I haven't seen this posted anywhere else though, it was just one I found since I live in NC.
Haha of course I was just kidding! Yes as ISTflyer mentioned, this fare (or the versions of this fare) has been around for quite some time. Flew this fare back to back a bunch of times when I still lived in DC for EQM, and that was back in 2021. Routed through DFW, AUS, etc. Pretty fun times!
cruser1 and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Thanks! Yes, I waited for several weeks!

The fare was created
CREATED 23JAN24/1700
I think the fare was re-created on January 2024 as AA decided to pull all their discounted fares from the GDS and only make it available through the NDC sometime in 2023, which then they partially reversed their decision earlier this year. Otherwise, I recall this fare sticking from 2018.
cruser1 and snabbu like this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I think the fare was re-created on January 2024 as AA decided to pull all their discounted fares from the GDS and only make it available through the NDC sometime in 2023, which then they partially reversed their decision earlier this year. Otherwise, I recall this fare sticking from 2018.
That sure was an annoying move! None of these show up in ITA Matrix and half the time Google Flights and other OTA's display an incorrect and inflated price until you actually select all segments of your trip, then the correct price displays on the final / checkout page.

AA's own site doesn't display half the actual available results and their multi-city search doesn't work most of the time.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Now it looks like Premium Cabin Deals have shared this so it's making its way across the Internet.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
That sure was an annoying move! None of these show up in ITA Matrix and half the time Google Flights and other OTA's display an incorrect and inflated price until you actually select all segments of your trip, then the correct price displays on the final / checkout page.

AA's own site doesn't display half the actual available results and their multi-city search doesn't work most of the time.
You have to do 3-segment one-ways as multi-city now.

I thought this was gone because ITA Matrix wasn't showing it anymore, but I have to fly XXX-RDU in a few weeks and looked at F for the hell of it and found it again as XXX-CLT-RDU for $187 one-way. I need to hurry up and book 10 segments before they pull the fare so that I can regain BA Silver later this year once I get my 4th BA-marketed segment (400 TP from the 10 segments, plus 200 from the BA PE 4-segment trip).
Old Mar 15, 2024, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
You have to do 3-segment one-ways as multi-city now.

I thought this was gone because ITA Matrix wasn't showing it anymore, but I have to fly XXX-RDU in a few weeks and looked at F for the hell of it and found it again as XXX-CLT-RDU for $187 one-way. I need to hurry up and book 10 segments before they pull the fare so that I can regain BA Silver later this year once I get my 4th BA-marketed segment (400 TP from the 10 segments, plus 200 from the BA PE 4-segment trip).
Thanks for the tip! I'll give that a try!
Old Mar 16, 2024, 6:31 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AS 75k
Any tips to get it to price out on AA? I'll click through google links, it'll ask for my personal information, but after putting it in it will go back to the flight search. If I do a 3 leg multi-city search on AA directly when I hit Search it just refreshes the page. I can get things to price out on OTA's, but would rather book directly.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 7:35 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by barabbas90
Any tips to get it to price out on AA? I'll click through google links, it'll ask for my personal information, but after putting it in it will go back to the flight search. If I do a 3 leg multi-city search on AA directly when I hit Search it just refreshes the page. I can get things to price out on OTA's, but would rather book directly.
Price it on google flights, then go over to AA.com multi city and do the the first two legs as one search then the last leg as the second search.

So RDU-PHL and then PHL-DCA then you can pull the correct flights in.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by barabbas90
A one way is basically half the cost of a roundtrip, so if you can't get a roundtrip to book you could also try booking two one-way tickets.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.