Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

JL - HND-NGO / NGO-HND - 24610 JPY / $167 r/t - Business - 80 TP's

JL - HND-NGO / NGO-HND - 24610 JPY / $167 r/t - Business - 80 TP's

Old Mar 10, 2024, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dselvan
Are we sure it credits to BA since X fare code does not appear on BA Avios calculator for JAL?
Might be tempted but no point doing it if it doesnít credit to BA.
Last year X would credit as I with BA. Not sure if that's still the case, but most likely it is.
Dselvan likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold; ex JAL JGCP
Originally Posted by cruser1
Hahaha! It would be an interesting story. Every morning they wake up and head to the airport to make their daily trip to Nagoya. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner come from the lounge.
Back when Japan Explorer Pass was a thing, it was 10000jpy ++ per leg, J was 1000 and F was 8000 addition. I did HND-ISG-HND x2 every day for 4 days to get JGC. Then every few years I'll need a few status miles by flying 2-4 legs if i were to make JGC Premier (OWE). Literally, waking up at the airport cabin hotel at 5am, pack up (they require you to vacate your cabin every day), check in, go to lounge/eat breakfast, get to ISG, eat the more interesting okinawan food, hang out for an hour or so, fly back to HND, hang out for another 2 hours, fly back to ISG, early dinner, and a shorter turnaround and fly back to HND - arrive at 10pm. and repeat. That was all before inflight internet or even a stable airport wifi was a thing. Data roaming was fairly expensive, and a dollar was 80 yen.

I still remember on the very last day i did a HND-OKA-HND returning on the last flight cuz that was all the miles i needed if I upgrade to F, and the flight had a delay and got me into HND missing the last train. They even paid for my taxi (in cash) cuz I dont have a local bank account.
YuropFlyer, cruser1, z4017 and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 9:43 pm

Not sure if it credit any CX Status points as JAL X fare code doesn't seems to appear on their Asia Miles & Status Point calculator.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 10:00 pm

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
so at best it could be 20 status credits and I would need to do it 20 times to hit gold status with QF. Even the points are minimal
Old Mar 10, 2024, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
so at best it could be 20 status credits and I would need to do it 20 times to hit gold status with QF. Even the points are minimal
Somebody trying to earn BA Gold status would have to fly this 18.75 times (ignoring the 4 eligible flights), if that makes you feel better.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 11:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, JAL JGC, TK Silver, AF/AZ/KQ Elite Plus, IHG DM Amb, Accor Plat Plus, HH Gold, WY DM
This is indeed a fairly old trick widely used by East Asian-based BA status chasers for quite some time. Some Okinawa routes could see sub-10000 JPY fares for Class J tickets, such as OKA-MMY and OKA-ISG. Given the short flight duration, it's not uncommon to fly 6-legs a day, yielding 240 TPs. I did some of that last year.

If you choose HND, probably you could find cheaper Class J tickets to GAJ or other less popular destinations than major cities.

However, there were issues since the beginning of 2024, especially those OKA flights operated by JAL subsidiary JTA (with NU flight numbers) There were multiple reports that only the first 2 legs every day were successfully accured as class I in the BA system, and it's painful, if not at all impossible to appeal with BA. So be careful of the risk before you proceed with the plan.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 11:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, JAL JGC, TK Silver, AF/AZ/KQ Elite Plus, IHG DM Amb, Accor Plat Plus, HH Gold, WY DM
Originally Posted by cruser1
Hahaha! It would be an interesting story. Every morning they wake up and head to the airport to make their daily trip to Nagoya. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner come from the lounge.
That's a common scene when running JAL Global Club membership. Leaving the hotel at 0400, heading to T3 transfer counter to fight for class J or F upgrade before the main check-in counter opens, departing on the first 0600 flight to OKA/ISG, and getting back to HND at 2200. Each of those HND-OKA awarded 2564 Flyon points, and you needed 50K to qualify for JGC.

Just one thing, JAL domestic lounges only provide minimal food, one probably couldn't feed on them for all three meals.
csardas and PES_B1 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.