Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

RJ/MH/CX TUN-KUL/BKK/HKG (J) From $656 OW

Old Mar 5, 2024, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, SQ Gold

Nice price on flights to KUL, BKK or HKG. Returns available for $1100 too. Available from May onwards. Saudia seem to match the KUL price too

KUL

HKG (BKK-HKG leg is in Y):

BKK slightly more but skips the last leg:

KUL: https://www.google.com/travel/flight...SAZuafPjDzBJ76
HKG: https://www.google.com/travel/flight...6w6i3kZ6jB1nD9
BKK:https://www.google.com/travel/flight...Cd7bWuygXSoUL9
captainarabiia likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 7:34 am

Programs: SE+, OWS
I wish it was available from AMM direct as well, Ryanair has good connections from EU compared to TUN
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 7:56 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
7 hour transit in AMM - do RJ provide a free hotel?
Old Mar 5, 2024, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Isochronous
Pretty nice lounge, enjoy the ice cream, don't think a hotel would be enough time.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 8:43 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by Isochronous
They do. https://www.rj.com/en/info-and-tips/...-accommodation. However, reviews of the transit hotel are not great, and the process is not very efficient. I tried using it once once, and after waiting for 20-30 minutes for whatever the next step was going to be (I had requested it and was basically told to take a seat), I just decided to buy a visa and head into Amman for the night.

Since it comes up on pretty much every one of these threads, there is no evidence of a free transit visa allowing entry into the country. There are references to it online, but when digging deeper they usually refer to being able to stay at the transit hotel compound. The last time I was there was pre-COVID, so its possible things may have changed, but I have not seen any first hand accounts of anyone who requires a visa being able to freely move about the country without paying 40 JD
Old Mar 5, 2024, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by fridgy
I wish it was available from AMM direct as well, Ryanair has good connections from EU compared to TUN
You can find some good fares out of CDG-BRU and maybe AMS to TUN.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
This fare has been around for years and mentioned frequently in the ex-CAI thread. Now likely to see the same death that the ex-CAI fare did, increasing nearly 2x.

Have certainly been thankful for RJ to continue to offer a competitive price ex-CAI (and ex-TUN) while many others raised their prices. But I reckon a disproportionate amount of AMM-BKK was coming from these fares and they only have a 4 row business class on their 787s. That's not a lot of seats, I just did a date change on a return to CAI yesterday for 3 months ahead and it was sitting at C2 J9 ( of course I needed the C), so seems they are heavily restricting C and lower on the BKK route. There were literally 2 seats taken on the seat map at the time.
chrini1 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 1:07 am

on the way flying my return, KUL-BKK-AMM-CAI and typing this from the RJ lounge in AMM. which, by the way, also has some birds lol

787-8 on the way up business class was all full. this was an early morning 2:20am flight. they are announcing for the flight to ORD right now, i'm still wondering if that one/any one of these flights still has the buffet style dining which i've never had.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by dvs7310
This fare has been around for years and mentioned frequently in the ex-CAI thread. Now likely to see the same death that the ex-CAI fare did, increasing nearly 2x.

Have certainly been thankful for RJ to continue to offer a competitive price ex-CAI
Not sure I follow what you mean here.

Originally Posted by dvs7310
There were literally 2 seats taken on the seat map at the time.
The seats selected are very unlikely to match the number of tickets sold, and certainly don't indicate the way the revenue management team expect ticket sales to develop over the intervening months.

Last edited by IAN-UK; Mar 6, 2024 at 5:21 am
Old Mar 6, 2024, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by sickmint79
on the way flying my return, KUL-BKK-AMM-CAI and typing this from the RJ lounge in AMM. which, by the way, also has some birds lol

787-8 on the way up business class was all full. this was an early morning 2:20am flight. they are announcing for the flight to ORD right now, i'm still wondering if that one/any one of these flights still has the buffet style dining which i've never had.

How Was the experience , for the money i paid im looking forward to it and the lounges in BKK , travelling in 2 weeks ....
Old Mar 7, 2024, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by deerhunter290378
How Was the experience , for the money i paid im looking forward to it and the lounges in BKK , travelling in 2 weeks ....
AMM lounge is nice
BKK has a ton of priority pass lounges if you have access - maybe the most of anywhere in the world. i generally prefer turkish.
RJ/MH appear to have an arrangement with miracle lounge. they are not bad, but i rarely go to one. they are 24/7.
you should also have access to JL and QR. there is a CX lounge too although not sure if/when it is open. QR is open a lot less due to when their flights are scheduled. JL i think is open the most/latest. my flight out QR was closing (have never been) and i spent time in JL and TK.

flights and food, i have nothing to complain about especially at the price i paid. both short runs will be your phone/tablet/headphones with wifi for entertainment in larger reclining seats. long leg AMM-BKK 787 with 2-2-2 config, i got windows seats and stepped over my buddies. bit awkward indeed. felt the movie selection was a bit limited.
deerhunter290378 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 7:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
Anyone that's familiar with this fare able to confirm if it's fully refundable minus a refund fee? I can't find the details but 185 jumps at me.

Cheers,
~S
Old Mar 27, 2024, 12:15 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Would the TUN-AMM-BKK route on RJ earn 180 BAEC TPs in each direction ?
cheers.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 12:27 am

Programs: M&M Senator, BAEC GGL, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Would the TUN-AMM-BKK route on RJ earn 180 BAEC TPs in each direction ?
cheers.
Yes
Old Mar 31, 2024, 9:13 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
My mum quite fancies this to BKK & back for a cheeky break and to get the TPs she needs to renew. I would accompany her of course 😁
The sod is repositioning from the UK doesn't look at all simple.
Could go through the EU but that's adding two positioning flights each way !
How have people gone about positioning to Tun ?
Cheers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.