Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

EI - BUD-IAD / FCO-JFK - 1071+ EUR / $1157 r/t - Business

Old Jan 25, 2024, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Not a new fare, but many dates from February through late Spring (May of 2024) were just placed under this fare, so I thought it might be worthy of a mention.

Aer Lingus

Budapest (BUD) to Washington Dulles (IAD) - 1071 EUR / $1157 roundtrip - Intra-Europe flights are in economy and international segments in business
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...REUA4djJHCGZK9

Rome (FCO) to New York (JFK) - 1100 EUR / $1197 roundtrip - Intra-Europe flights are in economy and international segments in business
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...HzyB9YSu9ECn26

Unlimited free stopovers. No minimum stay. Book by Jan 30, 2024. US issued tickets have a USD 35 service charge, so don't buy these through Aer Lingus US site and pay in USD.

Fare Rules

Category 7: Maximum stay requirements

TRAVEL FROM LAST SECTOR MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN
MIDNIGHT 12 MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.

Category 8: Stopover restrictions

UNLIMITED FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT.

Category 14: Travel restrictions

VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/AFTER 01FEB 24 AND ON/
BEFORE 31MAY 24.

Category 15: Sales restrictions

RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE ON/AFTER 25JAN 24 AND ON/BEFORE
30JAN 24.

EXTENSION OF TICKET VALIDITY IS NOT PERMITTED.

NOTE -
FOR TKTS SOLD IN U.S.--EI IMPOSES A SERVICE
CHARGE OF USD 35.00 FOR EACH PTA.
THIS CHARGE IST NOT SUBJECT TO ANY DISCOUNT
AND CANNOT BE REFUNDED.
EXTENSION OF TICKET VALIDITY PERMITTED UNDER
GUIDELINES SET FORTH BY THE CARRIER. CONTACT
CARRIER FOR DETAILS.

Category 19: Discounts

INFANT UNDER 2 WITHOUT A SEAT - CHARGE 10 PERCENT OF THE
FARE
OR - INFANT UNDER 2 WITH A SEAT - CHARGE 90 PERCENT OF THE
FARE.

Budapest
Spoiler

Rome
Spoiler

Full Fare Rules
Spoiler

s44 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 12:43 am

Not so shabby, especially with the USA pre-clearance in DUB. I can live with the economy segment, however until I can get BAEC TPs, I ain't taking any EI flight.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by MichaelA380
Not so shabby, especially with the USA pre-clearance in DUB. I can live with the economy segment, however until I can get BAEC TPs, I ain't taking any EI flight.
Couldn't have said it better, pretty sure El are being groomed by OW, SA and ST?
Old Jan 25, 2024, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MichaelA380
I agree! It's about time!!

EI is such a weird airline when it comes to partnerships. The airline is owned by IAG like BA and IB, but isn't part of oneworld. You can credit EI flights to AA or UA, but you can't redeem miles with AA for EI flights despite AA and EI being part of the joint venture. You can earn Avios for UA flights and you can redeem UA miles for EI flights though.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
EI I class seems to credit 225% miles to Alaska according to wheretocredit.com which isn’t too bad
Old Jan 25, 2024, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by salut0
EI I class seems to credit 225% miles to Alaska according to wheretocredit.com which isn’t too bad
Not quite, unfortunately - 200% redeemable miles and 100% elite qualifying miles

Y earns 100% redeemable and elite qualifying

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ers/aer-lingus
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by cruser1
EI is such a weird airline when it comes to partnerships. The airline is owned by IAG like BA and IB, but isn't part of oneworld. You can credit EI flights to AA or UA, but you can't redeem miles with AA for EI flights despite AA and EI being part of the joint venture. You can earn Avios for UA flights and you can redeem UA miles for EI flights though.
Until recently, there were EI flights LHR-DUB that listed codeshare flight numbers for both AA and UA on the same flight (in addition to a BA flight number)
Old Feb 8, 2024, 10:55 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Fare is still valid, for slightly more. Rome to JFK booked directly on EI is showing at just under €1.3k.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AHC96
Fare is still valid, for slightly more. Rome to JFK booked directly on EI is showing at just under €1.3k.
Rome is usually similarly priced to Paris - 1330 EUR - https://www.google.com/travel/flight...QNyXJdrLu93LD8
captainarabiia likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.