Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

UA: SFO-MRY via East Coast from $347 r/t

UA: SFO-MRY via East Coast from $347 r/t

Old Jan 17, 2024, 2:57 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by fly747first
Good fare but UA's 737 F/J is not impressive by any means and even some of the 777s have a terrible 2x4x2 configuration
I suspect one does not fly this itinerary based on the hard or soft product. Its for a milage one run, and a beautiful one at that.

If one can get lie flat on the TCON segments it a bonus.

SFO-MRY = 77 miles. SFO-IAD-DEN-MRY = 4,830 miles
LAX-BIH = 237 miles. LAX-IAD-DEN-BIH= 4,500 miles

Last edited by PLeblond; Jan 17, 2024 at 9:08 pm
Old Jan 17, 2024, 8:13 pm

Hey sorry in advance,
I'm a bit new to this. I am trying to plan a mileage run for star alliance gold using Asiana with this fare. However, I have been having trouble finding the fares mentions. I have made routes at about $450 to $800 but am wanting to find the 300-400 range that were being found. I having been switching around dates and such but still cannot find anything close to that.

Also if anyone has experience with getting ANA's SFC any advice would be greatly appreciated as my Asiana run is only due to me giving up a SFC run.

Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2024, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by PLeblond
I suspect one does not fly this itinerary based on the hard or soft product. Its for a milage one run, and a beautiful one at that.

If one can get lie flat on the TCON segments it a bonus.

SFO-MRY = 77 miles. SFO-IAD-DEN-MRY = 4,830 miles
LAX-BIH = 237 miles. LAX-IAD-DEN-BIH= 4,500 miles
Mileage run? What for? UA only counts the number of flights and revenue earned, not actual mileage any longer for flights operated by UA.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .58 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by fly747first (Post # 33)
Mileage run? What for? UA only counts the number of flights and revenue earned, not actual mileage any longer for flights operated by UA.
Miles are the only thing that counts for lifetime million-miler (MM) status.
Repooc17 and NJSwamplands like this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 6:30 am
Formerly known as tireman77

How about Aeroplan? 4,830 miles at 150% in P = 7,245 SQMs. That's around 5 cents per mile. I don't believe I have seen anything like that since the Mexican Hat Dance.
SPN Lifer, marks88 and lensovet like this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Lifetime miles.

Edit: just saw SPN Lifer's post.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Miles are the only thing that counts for lifetime million-miler (MM) status.
Right but then you could just find a cheap economy fare... UA doesn't give you more lifetime miles for booking a premium cabin if I recall correctly.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Right but then you could just find a cheap economy fare... UA doesn't give you more lifetime miles for booking a premium cabin if I recall correctly.
The economy fare is pretty good too.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 10:04 am

Programs: UA 1K and MM.
I kinda-completed one of these a week and a half ago: SFO-IAD-DEN-BIH-DEN-SFO. ($481, all 1st. 2 lie-flats for sleep).

Except that there was a snow squall at DEN and delayed the BIH flights 2+ hours. I had to skip DEN-BIH and BIH-DEN in order to get the last leg in (DEN-SFO) on the same day. Thought IRROPS would allow "Original Routing Credit" and I'd get those 2 segments. I was wrong - UA only processed a refund instead. (Almost didn't get 1K status for '24 so I am getting segments in early when they are cheap and I have time). Missed out on 2 of the segments!

I have another on Monday. Same route, but 3 lie-flats. Let's see if the weather holds.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by gsalem94122
Thought IRROPS would allow "Original Routing Credit" and I'd get those 2 segments. I was wrong - UA only processed a refund instead.
Am trying to imagine the conversation: "No, please take my money back, I need the segment credits!"
Old Mar 7, 2024, 8:53 pm

Programs: A3*G, AS MVPG, UA, AA
You do realize not everyone who flies UA credits to UA, right?
Old Mar 8, 2024, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, IHG Spire, Marriot Gold
You do realize that SFO-LAX-LAS-LAX-SFO is $217 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays right? It's a whole lot easier unless you need the BIS miles.

Originally Posted by gsalem94122
I kinda-completed one of these a week and a half ago: SFO-IAD-DEN-BIH-DEN-SFO. ($481, all 1st. 2 lie-flats for sleep).

Except that there was a snow squall at DEN and delayed the BIH flights 2+ hours. I had to skip DEN-BIH and BIH-DEN in order to get the last leg in (DEN-SFO) on the same day. Thought IRROPS would allow "Original Routing Credit" and I'd get those 2 segments. I was wrong - UA only processed a refund instead. (Almost didn't get 1K status for '24 so I am getting segments in early when they are cheap and I have time). Missed out on 2 of the segments!

I have another on Monday. Same route, but 3 lie-flats. Let's see if the weather holds.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My original itinerary SFO-IAD-DEN-MRY was in the $200 range in F.

Then MRY-SFO-LAX-EWR for 15K award miles, took the buy up on LAX-EWR for a little over $200 to move to PE, then used PlusPoints and upgraded to J for a flat bed on the redeye flight from LAX.
gsalem94122 likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM.
Originally Posted by turbox3
You do realize that SFO-LAX-LAS-LAX-SFO is $217 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays right? It's a whole lot easier unless you need the BIS miles.
Thanks... Those flights help spend requirements for 1K, too. And I want as many BIS to get closer to 2MM...
lensovet likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.