Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LH SQ, HEL FRA SIN FRA HEL in First €3160

LH SQ, HEL FRA SIN FRA HEL in First €3160

Old Nov 24, 2023, 6:29 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by chris63
Yes, when you find LH A fare & that is the issue LH & LX are heavily restricting A but seem happy to sell SQ A, but why you would want LH worn out old F on the 748 & risk faulty seats & taped up bathrooms, see LH forum, better to go with SQ F
Well, it's FRA FCT + LH vs. SQ. Pros on both sides. I would take the former on the outbound and SQ on the return.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 6:40 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
In any case I would never book this kind of tickets via OTAs. Too much hassle in case of changes/cancellations by the airline
Has not been a problem for me in past. Booked via Expedia and I had Lufthansa F hotline deal with all the changes, which they did with no complaints. Didn't have to go through expedia for anything.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 8:29 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
Has not been a problem for me in past. Booked via Expedia and I had Lufthansa F hotline deal with all the changes, which they did with no complaints. Didn't have to go through expedia for anything.
Ah, the survivor bias! Always good for decisions taking

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
zzzzzz01 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by mecabq
Well, it's FRA FCT + LH vs. SQ. Pros on both sides. I would take the former on the outbound and SQ on the return.
Yes, you have a point but good luck finding A class on LH to SIN, fortunately this deal works very well for LHG HON , FCL access outbound & return
Old Nov 24, 2023, 9:29 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Originally Posted by mecabq
Hmm, 2-3h in FCT vs 13h of excellence in the air. Tough choice indeed 🤣

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
chris63 and Keter like this.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 10:52 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by chris63
Yes, when you find LH A fare & that is the issue LH & LX are heavily restricting A but seem happy to sell SQ A, but why you would want LH worn out old F on the 748 & risk faulty seats & taped up bathrooms, see LH forum, better to go with SQ F
Availability my friend! I can't find anything on SQ operated metal for most of my travel days. I tired so many combos but always no availability.
PookieMalibu25 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Availability my friend! I can't find anything on SQ operated metal for most of my travel days. I tired so many combos but always no availability.
There was lots of availability, very good deal, maybe most A is sold or it got pulled / restricted.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 4:12 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
Ah, the survivor bias! Always good for decisions taking

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
....in an actual survivor bias, the person who would give you the necessary data has lost their ability to communicate as the result of what happened. Eg: I jumped off a cliff guys and I'm still here so it's clearly safe!
This isn't the case here, so anyone who's had issues should be able to bring their own data points

i've had many issues with OTAs in the past but having to rebook invol changes with LH group via them was never one of them.

That tix I was talking aboit had to be changed about 3 times total, and more recently this year, also dealt with LH direct for a euro-J change purchased via GTG.

All these changes were invol. I'd say that's a pretty solid pattern but voluntary changes may be a differemt story.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 2:28 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Hi folks. Some help wanted on rebooking this bargain fare.

Context - booked last year for 2pax for HEL-SIN via FRA in September. Both ways on SQ380 (so suites). Now my son and daughter in law are expecting a child first week of September. Exciting indeed but I now need to move our flights.

Before I call LH I’d like to know what sort of options I have. We are totally flexible about days / months but *really* want at least one direction to be on the 380. So I’d like to be able to call with some idea of what I can ask for … and to know whether this will cost me a small fortune (I can afford the ~€400 re-booking fee of course).

Or am I sadly stuck with a large bill or a ticket I don’t want to use (no refund possible in the fare I booked)? (And travel insurance doesn’t cover the “I don’t want to travel” angle).
Old Mar 31, 2024, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by SavvyTravel

Context - booked last year for 2pax for HEL-SIN via FRA in September. Both ways on SQ380 (so suites). Now my son and daughter in law are expecting a child first week of September. Exciting indeed but I now need to move our flights.

Before I call LH I’d like to know what sort of options I have. We are totally flexible about days / months but *really* want at least one direction to be on the 380. So I’d like to be able to call with some idea of what I can ask for … and to know whether this will cost me a small fortune (I can afford the ~€400 re-booking fee of course).

Or am I sadly stuck with a large bill or a ticket I don’t want to use (no refund possible in the fare I booked)? (And travel insurance doesn’t cover the “I don’t want to travel” angle).
not 100pct sure but
If you change only the return they will reprice using the fare at that time. If you find A class, you r good to go.
But if you change the departure date, they will reprice with current fare and I think this one is gone.
Note ticket validity is 12 months max as well.
SavvyTravel likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by SavvyTravel

​​​​​​​Recently my booking had some involuntary changes (Flight cancelled on the HEL-FRA leg) and I was able to make use of the changes to request for a change of date for my FRA-HEL Suites flight to 1 day earlier and the fare bucket was changed from A to F (at that time i checked that 4 seats were available on lufthansa).

My friend who booked suites both ways were also able to negotiate for a change in flight for 1 leg to a few months earlier due to a 10 min flight retiming. However, as suites was not available, the lufthansa agent was only able to offer LH First for the rescheduled date.

In your context, it seem like you will have to change both legs which may be challenging as by now, availability on Suites in the same fare class (A) will be very limited. I would advise you to make use of any flight changes to negotiate for a change to a later date (e.g march 2025) or to cancel your current booking and rebook the 2025 Suites flights when seats are open 355 days in advance (Bargain fare seem to be still available for March 2025).
SavvyTravel likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.