Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

MH: KUL-TRV/AMD/ATQ RT Biz $425USD

Old Oct 4, 2023, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+

MH is running a sale for their new India destinations: Amritsar (ATQ), Ahmedabad (AMD), and Trivandrum (TRV) for MYR 2,000 (~$425 USD) roundtrip. AMD and ATQ is >2,000 miles for those who are crediting to BA for TP purposes. Another recently launched destination, Kochi (COK) is slightly more expensive at MYR 2,600 ($550 USD). MAA is MYR 2,800 (~$595 USD) and BLR is MYR 2,900 (~$615 USD).

I understand MAA/BLR isn't a steal but AMD/ATQ is cheap for >2,000 miles flight.

Sales end tomorrow (05 OCT) 23:59 Malaysia time.
CX_newbie and sushimaru like this.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 3:50 am

Great fare. Rules say
RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE AND TICKETS ISSUED ON/BEFORE 10OCT 23.
Travel between 1 Dec and 31 Mar. Not sure if ATQ filed yet (can't find) but TRV and AMD there with good availability. All late night / red eye flights though. Schedule is rough.

​​​​​​​Anyone considering a b2b turnaround?
Old Oct 4, 2023, 5:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by CX_newbie
Great fare. Rules say

Travel between 1 Dec and 31 Mar. Not sure if ATQ filed yet (can't find) but TRV and AMD there with good availability. All late night / red eye flights though. Schedule is rough.

Anyone considering a b2b turnaround?
​​​​​​​I have booked ATQ last week to stay there for 4nights.they have a cheap hyatt and the City looks super interesting. Added pen for 80 tp more for 150 bucks
Old Oct 4, 2023, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CX_newbie
​​​
Interesting. They just announced that it will be extended to 10/10. Guess I must have seen the old sale.

Those are the preferred schedule to India for SE Asian carriers. It can accommodate connections from their hubs easily and also good utilization of their planes.

SE Asian carriers only schedule daytime for primary cities like BOM, DEL, MAA, and BLR (most of the time).

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
I have booked ATQ last week to stay there for 4nights.they have a cheap hyatt and the City looks super interesting. Added pen for 80 tp more for 150 bucks
Wanted to do ATQ but its a bit cold in December. Agree that ATQ is super interesting but maybe Ill squeeze that in for February.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 8:02 pm
kkg

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1MM/1k
Can anyone share the booking code? I'm thinking about crediting to AS. Thanks.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by kkg
Can anyone share the booking code? I'm thinking about crediting to AS. Thanks.
ZBTRTMY
Old Oct 8, 2023, 9:37 am

The minimum stay seems to be 3 days even though the rules don't state a minimum. If you credit this to BA, your cost per tier point would be pretty good!

ATQ - $424 roundtrip - 280 tier point - Cost per TP is $1.51 or 1.24 GBP

Spoiler

Old Oct 9, 2023, 2:28 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, KrisFlyer Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Chase Private Client
Thank you OP. I'm in for 11/25 - 12/2, KUL-ATQ. $400 on Trip.com

An interesting city indeed with a cat 1 Hyatt. I plan to take the express train to Ludhiana and checkout another Punjab city with a cat 1 Hyatt. Flight and stays will keep me a OWE and Globalist.

Another idea, head over the border to Lahore. Anyone made that crossing recently? Additional visa expense ($60) but at least the Indian e-visa will allow double entry if first entry is via air.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 4:11 am

Has anyone had any luck with originating in India at all to KUL? Assume the offer is only originating on KUL but worth a try
Old Oct 22, 2023, 10:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
The offer is still running - I've just booked KUL-AMD:ATQ-KUL for Feb.

It doesn't work in the other direction sadly.

After 2 years of crazy pricing MH has finally started pitching prices at a more sensible level, so I've recently booked a couple of other long-haul/regional itineraries with them as part of my quest for tier points to remain GGL
jaytmoore and gogooo like this.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 9:22 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Hope the catering is sorted out by then
tboons likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by surryson
Hope the catering is sorted out by then
India has resumed normal catering since 1 October. Greater China and ICN are only medium haul routes that are still affected by the whole catering mess.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by GGLwannabe

After 2 years of crazy pricing MH has finally started pitching prices at a more sensible level, so I've recently booked a couple of other long-haul/regional itineraries with them as part of my quest for tier points to remain GGL

You can start (and end) the fares under discussion at Johor (AKA as SIN-North ) for a small premium and an extra dose of TPs. OK, a minil-dose, but it all helps.

Pre-pandemic there was a very attractive business-class fare from India to Perth through KL and Sydney, earning a generous raft of TPs. Sadly, it doesn't look as though it's coming back.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 6:40 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
You can start (and end) the fares under discussion at Johor (AKA as SIN-North ) for a small premium and an extra dose of TPs. OK, a minil-dose, but it all helps.

Pre-pandemic there was a very attractive business-class fare from India to Perth through KL and Sydney, earning a generous raft of TPs. Sadly, it doesn't look as though it's coming back.
How attractive for ex-India fares to SYD? I thought they were still available for around 3.8K AUD?
Old Oct 30, 2023, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by richh1833
How attractive for ex-India fares to SYD? I thought they were still available for around 3.8K AUD?
Yes, you can still find India-KUL-SYD-PER return for a bit over 2000, giving stop-overs at the intermediate points. Im pretty sure the fare was more attractive a few years' back, but even if I'm right thats history.

The Perth fare could be a delight if you want to get to Australia AND rack up some TPs. But the TP earning rate isn't up to the level of the AMD, ATQ fares under discussion, or indeed the other long-running OneWorld mileage-run opportunities.
TheSYDTraveller likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.