Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

B6 wide open RT J JFK-DUB $2040, half the price of EI?

Old Aug 26, 2023, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers

Go easy on me.. I never post in the premium fare deal forum. Just booked four roundtrip tickets, JFK to DUB, on B6 (operated by IE) at $2040.00 pp, with wide open availability departing most days in June/July 2024. The same flights price out on aerlingus.com at more than double ($4140). I know very little about fare class and ticketing rule minutiae, so anyone feel free to chime in why this seems like such a great/possibly mistake fare, and what I'm missing.

Seems pretty hot to me!
Old Aug 26, 2023, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
A fine deal, especially given the summer timing. Definitely not a mistake fare.

I believe you mean EI and not IE in terms of who is operating the flights. I would expect that the two airlines are calculating a certain element of this fare very differently, although I won't say anything further.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Originally Posted by steveholt
I would expect that the two airlines are calculating a certain element of this fare very differently, although I won't say anything further.
Well that's a nebulous and intriguing response!
Bago'peanuts likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Thanks for posting. While I dont think it meets the requirements for a MR it could be useful for someone wanting to go to DUB.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 8:15 pm

Neither non-stop or lie-flat, but B6-coded FI "business class" flights via KEF to a variety of other European destinations (e.g. FRA, BER) are available from US$1,650 next summer as well.

Last edited by hogo74; Aug 27, 2023 at 8:45 am Reason: Clarification
Old Aug 27, 2023, 6:47 am

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by hogo74
Not non-stop and lie-flat, but B6-coded FI "business class" flights via KEF to a variety of other European destinations (e.g. FRA, BER) are available from US$1,650 next summer as well.
FI isn't really a "business class" but much more like a Premium Economy on most other airlines. If I look for lie-flat on transatlantic flights I have to exclude and FI and S4 as they almost always come up as the lowest bidder. Annoyingly B6 muddies the waters further as they co-market with both lie-flat and non lie-flat airrlines.
Old Aug 27, 2023, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Hilmar Lehnert
FI isn't really a "business class" but much more like a Premium Economy on most other airlines. If I look for lie-flat on transatlantic flights I have to exclude and FI and S4 as they almost always come up as the lowest bidder. Annoyingly B6 muddies the waters further as they co-market with both lie-flat and non lie-flat airrlines.
Agreed, my wording may not have been clear, I edited it now. The point was that if someone was interested in flying the TATL FI "business" product, booking it as B6 code-share would save some money compared to booking it as FI coded flights, the same behavior as for the B6 vs. EI coded JFK-DUB flights mentioned by the OP.
Old Aug 27, 2023, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hogo74
Neither non-stop or lie-flat, but B6-coded FI "business class" flights via KEF to a variety of other European destinations (e.g. FRA, BER) are available from US$1,650 next summer as well.

Am I missing something? Jetblue is selling Icelander's tickets as cide-share?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.