Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

KQ - Kenya Airways 15% MASTERCARD Discount

Old Jun 29, 2023, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Kenya Airways has had a promotion running all month with Mastercard to provide a 15% discount on flights. The offer ends June 30, 2023, so you have less than 24 hours to book. I thought I'd post the offer for people that don't receive emails from the airline.

Promo Code - MASTERCARD

Applies to economy and business class flights for travel through the end of the year (December 31, 2023), excluding Christmas. The promo page says it only applies to return journeys only, but the FAQ says one-ways, roundtrips, and multi-city flights, so I guess if you want something besides a one-way, try the promo code and you might get lucky! Lastly the promo code only works with Kenya Airways marketed and operated flights.

If looks like you just need a Mastercard for this promo to work. It doesn't appear to be limited to certain card types - like World Elite Mastercard.

Promo Page - https://www.kenya-airways.com/en-ke/mastercard-offer
FAQ - https://www.kenya-airways.com/upload...-FAQs-2023.pdf

Not sure where I should post this, so moderators feel free to move this thread!

EDIT - I saved both links to the Internet Archive should KQ delete or try to change the text on the promo page in the future.
Promo Page - https://web.archive.org/web/20230630...stercard-offer
FAQ - https://web.archive.org/web/20230630...-FAQs-2023.pdf

Last edited by cruser1; Jun 29, 2023 at 8:52 pm
Old Jun 29, 2023, 11:47 pm

This is not a premium fare deal post. Someone needs to read the forum rules.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 12:08 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Croupier
This is not a premium fare deal post. Someone needs to read the forum rules.
I'd rather have one too many posts than too few. So thanks, OP. Your contribution is much appreciated.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 6:26 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
I tried playing around just a bit but the best I found was 2045 ex-UK, to JNB, so with the -15% would be south of 1800. I'm sure there's better than can be found!

ft543 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 8:07 am

Thanks cruser1 Excellent find and share. I buy quite some tickets from KQ, they are p.t. my favorite airline, whether eco or premium fares. Had a successful MR KGL-EBB return recently to keep my FB Gold Card. Everything went perfect, and I retained my card even it was very last moment prior to expiration.
The deal? It even works with other CCards as well, just bought a ticket on Visa Card. But the mastercard-discount is nowhere 15%, merely 4-6%
cruser1 likes this.

Last edited by Pedersens; Jun 30, 2023 at 9:07 am
Old Jun 30, 2023, 8:23 am
Original Poster

I was going to suggest buying some domestic KQ flights in business to earn XP, but it looks like now that KQ is coming out with their own loyalty program the Flying Blue terms for KQ have been updated and you no longer earn double XP on domestic flights.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 8:30 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
AMS-TNR 1731 Euros, that should be pretty good with the -15%

cruser1 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by cruser1
...it looks like now that KQ is coming out with their own loyalty program the Flying Blue terms for KQ have been updated and you no longer earn double XP on domestic flights.
That very worrying, do you have any link/source on that? A weakness of FB already is lack of Skyteam lounge access domestically. E.g. not entitled access to VNs domestic lounges in Vietnam unless you have a VN Lotus gold card (or higher) or travel business class...
As for XPs in domestic Vietnam I earn 6 XP in business while 2 XP in Economy
cruser1 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pedersens
That very worrying, do you have any link/source on that? A weakness of FB already is lack of Skyteam lounge access domestically. E.g. not entitled access to VNs domestic lounges in Vietnam unless you have a VN Lotus gold card (or higher) or travel business class...
As for XPs in domestic Vietnam I earn 6 XP in business while 2 XP in Economy
It is concerning! Flying Blue didn't even post an announcement of the change. They just edited the Kenya Airways page - https://www.flyingblue.us/en/earn-sp...-kenya-airways

That page used to say that you earned double XP on domestic flights operated by KQ within Kenya.

The real question is whether tickets purchased before they edited the page will earn double XP or not (I'm guessing not).

The XP values you posted are the normal earnings from the XP table on the Flying Blue website.
Pedersens likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 2:17 am

@cruser1 Its brand-new, called Asante-Rewards, see e.g. https://asante.kenya-airways.com/pages/about-us
I still cant see the need and justification for this? Hidden "enhancements" ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.