Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

UA/LH/LX/AC - CLT-BCN - $2388+ r/t - Business

Old Apr 27, 2023, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Might look like a crazy high price to some, but Charlotte, NC (CLT) to Barcelona, Spain (BCN) in business class on a mix of Star Alliance carriers starting next month (May) through January of 2024 - $2388 roundtrip in business. During the summer, this is only about $300 more expensive than a basic economy ticket on many dates! (Yes, those of us in CLT often get fleeced with sky high fares to Europe. It often costs less to buy a ticket to JFK or somewhere else and fly from there.)

Business class to Madrid starts at $2412 and London starts at $2505 if you want to go elsewhere in Europe.

Google Flights
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...EmkhS1c51F5c86
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...EmkhS1c51F5c86

Basic economy for over $2k, anybody? Add $200 for a connecting flight from CLT to LHR in July. This flight is on the lower end of the price range according to Google, near the bottom of the page.
GTITAN likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 5:38 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Yes, this is an amazingly low price for us who are Charlotte based.

Safe travels!
cruser1 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GTITAN
Yes, this is an amazingly low price for us who are Charlotte based.

Safe travels!
Thanks! This is great! Safe travels to you!

Seems to work from oneworld hubs on the East Coast! Works from MIA and PHL too. Flights start at $2355 roundtrip.

MIA

PHL
Old Apr 27, 2023, 9:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I'm getting phantom pricing out of PHL. Comes up as $3314 despite the preview in the $2300 range.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Polytonic
I'm getting phantom pricing out of PHL. Comes up as $3314 despite the preview in the $2300 range.
At the time I posted this I could find flights on Google or ITA and continue on to the airline website to book, but you are right, now the cheapest flights the airline or ITA will show are about $3.5k roundtrip. Guess they decided to pull the fare for Philadelphia
Old Apr 27, 2023, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Philly to Madrid still works though! Miami to Barcelona doesn't work anymore either, but Madrid works there too.

EDIT - MIA to BCN doesn't work in July, but August seems to still work.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.