Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

EI - MAN-JFK - 945 GBP / $1177 r/t - Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2023, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Aer Lingus - Manchester, UK to New York JFK in business on Aer Lingus' non-stop flight for 945 GBP roundtrip. It looks like the cheapest fares are found by booking on OTA's - specifically Expedia UK. You can't book this fare on Aer Lingus' website and I'm unable to find it on ITA Matrix anywhere close to this cheap! Google Flights will display the "correct price" after you choose your return flight. If you just go search for EI business class flights from MAN to JFK it'll show the regular high price - so choose flights to see the updated price.

The fare is available starting January 1, 2024 through end of schedule. This only seems to work on the non-stop flights from MAN to JFK, not flights with a connection in DUB. I can't find the fare on ITA some I'm not specific what the fare rules are, but it looks like it only works for mid-week departures (Tues-Thurs) and requires a stay of at least a week (ex Thurs to Thurs).

The fare is cheapest if you buy the flight in GBP. Expedia US will show a discounted fare, but you'll pay about $100 more. See the difference in the Google Flights screenshots below.

Google Flights - https://www.google.com/travel/flight...uEtRv3qfWs9np7

Google Flights UK - GBP Price

Google Flights US - USD Price

Expedia UK
plas, jonr405, alextl and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 5:22 pm

MAN-JFK EI R CLASS UK945.64pounds

Mentioned here. Problem is it might be an Economy fare labeled or applied wrongly by Expedia. Fare basis is RL2GUSGD (applys for Economy Class).

Aer Lingus is trying to change its fare structures. It looks like R is Economy before Oct 1, and R becomes Business after Oct 1. All R Economy fares are supposed to retire after Sep 30th, and R Business fares come into effective after Oct 1st. Expedia allows a purchase into R Business (after Oct 1st) with R Economy fare basis (valid till Sep 30th), which isn't suppose to happen. EI's website or ITA doesn't allow it to happen.

It does charge the correct YQ and APD for Business though. A confusing mess.
Maestro Ramen and cruser1 like this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Yikes! That is a mess!
Old Apr 26, 2023, 11:48 pm

Programs: QFF
Prices MAN-MCO at 991GBP also.
Bleuprince16 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 9:41 pm

cruser1 any dates still available MAN-JFK ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.