Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DE - IBZ-ZRH - 81 EUR / $89 one-way - Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2023, 2:59 am
Original Poster

On several dates in May you can buy a one-way ticket from Ibiza, Spain (IBZ) to Zurich, Switzerland (ZRH) for $89 or 81 EUR. To set expectations, this is European business class on an A320 - nothing fancy.

You can credit the flight to Alaska Airlines and you'll receive 2082 redeemable miles and 1388 elite qualifying miles.

Google Flights - https://www.google.com/travel/flight...fRQ35xvzZvhMa6

tobikosan likes this.

Last edited by cruser1; Apr 12, 2023 at 6:32 am
Old Apr 12, 2023, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by cruser1
You can credit the flight to Alaska Airlines and you'll receive 2322 redeemable miles and 1548 elite qualifying miles.
You appear to have overestimated the number of miles that would be earned on a 694-mile trip in business.

https://www.condor.com/us/fly-enjoy/...leage-plan.jsp
Attached Images  
Old Apr 12, 2023, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
You appear to have overestimated the number of miles that would be earned on a 694-mile trip in business.

https://www.condor.com/us/fly-enjoy/...leage-plan.jsp
No, I'm pretty sure I'm correct. Redeemable is 694*3 and elite qualifying is 694*2.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...artners/condor

EDIT - I see what you did. You went to Condor's website and looked up how many award miles Condor would give you for a flight on Alaska Airlines if you flew Alaska and credited the flight to Condor. We are doing the opposite here. We are flying Condor and crediting the flight to Alaska so we go to Alaska's website to see how much their loyalty program awards.

Does that make sense? Thanks for checking me though! I'm not perfect!
Old Apr 12, 2023, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, I'm pretty sure I'm correct. Redeemable is 694*3 and elite qualifying is 694*2.
But those are not the figures you originally posted and which you edited in the original post a few minutes ago...
HarbourGent, 15cats and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 6:31 am
Original Poster

I had originally multiplied the distance flown by 2 and 3 that Expedia was saying was being flown, but you wanted it to be 694 so I just changed it to that, but it's still not the 100% mileage you showed.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 6:50 am

I would be happy if AS credited any partner miles at all. It's the shadiest most repulsive joint to work with.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 7:13 am
formerly Sleepy_Sentry

I had originally multiplied the distance flown by 2 and 3 that Expedia was saying was being flown, but you wanted it to be 694 so I just changed it to that, but it's still not the 100% mileage you showed.
Nice find! I don’t think it’s 694 miles, either.
cruser1 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 7:24 am
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MaxVO
I would be happy if AS credited any partner miles at all. It's the shadiest most repulsive joint to work with.
While it is still crappy, it has gotten better...
cruser1 and MaxVO like this.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sleepy_Sentry
Nice find! I don’t think it’s 694 miles, either.
How far do you think it is?

https://www.airmilescalculator.com/distance/zrh-to-ibz/
Old Apr 12, 2023, 8:27 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
AS? Seriously?? I'm genuinely curious why you feel this way, and I say that as someone quite unhappy with Alaska in many ways, but not to the extent of thinking they're "shady & repulsive." (To be fair, I usually save that label for Spirit and its ultra-low-fare ilk.)

And sorry, but the OP is correct that this is a solid deal – on an admittedly unusual route I can't recall seeing previously mentioned on the premium fares board (I don't recall any for Ibiza, period!) – in terms of AS miles, thanks to their admittedly somewhat unusual Condor alliance. And speaking of that: if you'd said Condor was a bit shady, I would've agreed, but I'd've also assumed you haven't flown them recently. After years of flying admittedly subpar 767s on overseas routes, their new A330neo J cabin – which they're expanding to most US-bound destinations by the end of the year – is surprisingly good, with the 1-2-1 (and, at long last, fully flat seat) configuration most folks here prefer (myself included). They're now operating independently of LH.
cruser1 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kirker
AS? Seriously?? I'm genuinely curious why you feel this way, and I say that as someone quite unhappy with Alaska in many ways, but not to the extent of thinking they're "shady & repulsive." (To be fair, I usually save that label for Spirit and its ultra-low-fare ilk.)

And sorry, but the OP is correct that this is a solid deal – on an admittedly unusual route I can't recall seeing previously mentioned on the premium fares board (I don't recall any for Ibiza, period!) – in terms of AS miles, thanks to their admittedly somewhat unusual Condor alliance. And speaking of that: if you'd said Condor was a bit shady, I would've agreed, but I'd've also assumed you haven't flown them recently. After years of flying admittedly subpar 767s on overseas routes, their new A330neo J cabin – which they're expanding to most US-bound destinations by the end of the year – is surprisingly good, with the 1-2-1 (and, at long last, fully flat seat) configuration most folks here prefer (myself included). They're now operating independently of LH.
Thanks! I agree their newest aircraft are a huge improvement! I just wanted to set expectations not to expect what you see on a plane flying transatlantic to show up in Ibiza to fly you off in style!
Old Apr 12, 2023, 10:03 am
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
The A332 they leased from EY were already a significant step up from the 767, and made for a decent Atlantic crossing, better than BA as well.
cruser1 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 11:38 am
Original Poster

A few other options -

IBZ-FRA - $77 one-way - https://www.google.com/travel/flight...EtY9VBrGFGkVh8
IBZ-MUC - $99 one-way - https://www.google.com/travel/flight...1XPgNLMZLxmv86

Old Apr 12, 2023, 12:04 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
You're basing that on past experiences not current reality. I had an 8 leg AA, BA, AY mixed carrier itinerary with several codeshares all post correctly a week after flying in March. Last year a similar itinerary took almost 6 months of fighting to get posted and then corrected. AS is MUCH better with posting now.

Last edited by skunker; Apr 12, 2023 at 12:28 pm
Old Apr 12, 2023, 5:54 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Cruser1, you are doing a good job. As a side note, there is no reason to post flight prices between European cities in USD. There is no country in Europe or close to Spain or Switzerland where USD is official currency. I am sure you know how to change currency in Google Flights page. Thx!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.