FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   EY: ARN-ICN in F (Residence) USD$4200 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/2116333-ey-arn-icn-f-residence-usd-4200-a.html)

Hilmar Lehnert Mar 25, 2023 9:24 am

EY: ARN-ICN in F (Apartment) USD$4200

Apparently Etihad is bringing back the A380 later this year between LHR and AUH. Direct round trip runs roughly about $8.8k. Adding ICN (in business, B787), drops it to $5.5k and adding Stockholm brings it down to $4.2k (the more you fly, the cheaper it gets apparently).
  • I didn't see it on Google Flights or ITA matrix but it is available directly on Etihad's website. Example dates: 9/6 to 9/14 (Sorry, I couldn't figure out to post a link directly to their website)
  • Make sure you choose EY12 or EY20 from LHR. EY18 is a B787
  • There seems plenty of available dates. Caution: Occasionally a leg between AUH and ICN can be downgraded to Economy and the website is nor great in making this obvious and it's not any cheaper either.
  • I haven't tried any other departure airports in Europe Works at least from Oslo as well
  • I did spot check BKK and KUL (instead of ICN) but it didn't price out.
  • I don't know what the stopover rules are either You can do a free stopover in AUH
  • This probably only makes sense for people who want a shot at the Apartment before it fades away entirely. If you just want business from ARN - ICN you can get good options on Turkish for half the price.

(PS: this is my first post here, any critique or suggestions are welcome)

seantheman Mar 25, 2023 9:30 am

I saw this fare yesterday too when searching on Etihads site. However are F and Residence on the A380 not different things?

Still, a nice way to fly the First apartments at a good price.

rambling man Mar 25, 2023 9:36 am

F does not mean The Residence and I don't see any reference to it. Just F.
There is only one Residence in the plane and there are a few F suites, six perhaps?
Still not a bad deal though.

edit to add: the AUH-ICN leg seems to be a two-class 787 so no First. Only the LHR-AUH is in an A380 with Apartments.

bichoo Mar 25, 2023 9:39 am

Title is misleading
F (apartment) and Residence are 2 different products

Hilmar Lehnert Mar 25, 2023 9:43 am

My bad. Fixed it.

TCASAlert Mar 25, 2023 9:51 am

Still not a bad deal as others have said - you can do it OW for $2700. I don't think the Residence is being sold any more at all, they don't have the butlers any more (what a first world problem!).

Bleuprince16 Mar 25, 2023 10:34 am

So how does one pick The Residence using ita matrix or gfs ? They wont be able to differentiate between Residence vs Apartment ?

TCASAlert Mar 25, 2023 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Bleuprince16 (Post 35115649)
So how does one pick The Residence using ita matrix or gfs ? They wont be able to differentiate between Residence vs Apartment ?

I don't think you can. I don't believe they sell The Residence any more.

Bleuprince16 Mar 25, 2023 5:32 pm

Hilmar Lehnert what you going to do with that long layover in London? Dont think multistop works?

Brandinho1 Mar 25, 2023 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by TCASAlert (Post 35115555)
Still not a bad deal as others have said - you can do it OW for $2700. I don't think the Residence is being sold any more at all, they don't have the butlers any more (what a first world problem!).

Indeed. I purchased a one way CAI-AUH-LHR with an overnight layover for $2700 so I can get the full ground experience

Brandinho1 Mar 25, 2023 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by TCASAlert (Post 35115675)
I don't think you can. I don't believe they sell The Residence any more.

curious if they may sell it for an up charge like these new Business Plus type seats that Malaysia, VS, and Condor has

DirektornSE Mar 26, 2023 5:55 am

Taken into account that Etihad have showers on their A380 its a nice deal compared to Emirates F..

Hilmar Lehnert Mar 26, 2023 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Bleuprince16 (Post 35116426)
Hilmar Lehnert what you going to do with that long layover in London? Dont think multistop works?

You can choose between LHR and AUH for the long layover. You can also do a free stopover in Abu Dhabi if you want to break it up. Departure from Oslo works as well, so you have quite few options to structure the layovers around. I have friends in London so maybe we meet up for a late night pub crawl. :)

honzeek_cz Mar 26, 2023 7:18 am

Have done this just before Covid, fare was PRG-ICN for something like 3k EUR in F and roughly half in J.

With help of ITA, I Was able to force routing via CDG to get 4 segments on A380 then, while EY web was proposing routing mostly via Germany.

AY1337 Mar 27, 2023 1:26 am

I booked this before covid and had to fight etihad to tooth and nail to get a refund after they cancelled it, succeeding only after 10 months. I'd definitely suggest using amex or similar card with strong protections for booking with them.