Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CDG-PUJ 1036 - out on AC back on EW

CDG-PUJ 1036 - out on AC back on EW

Old Dec 31, 2022, 6:25 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by planestupid
I'm curious. How did you solve the problem eventually?
I have not, in fact, the required class availability drained to 0 on the day I wanted, so I stopped calling. They refused to escalate to supervisors, to airline etc.

In regards to IRROPS, I settled with the option they gave me, with extra stop, it was just not worth it to because inquire further and spend half of vacation on the phone.
planestupid likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Just a word of caution on booking AC fares with OTA. I had hard tlme getting legitimate re-routing with IRROPS in summer. And chaning date/time on return segment fully within fare rules was a total no-go. Expedia agents useless and AC would not touch it.
​​​​​​
Which expedia website? .com seems to be better than European versions.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 3:45 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ranskis
​​​​​​
Which expedia website? .com seems to be better than European versions.
It was .com. If I was able to price an itinerary there, I used it, not other versions. Pre-covid I was happy with it, now I only use if I dont intend to touch it or so.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 11:09 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Originally Posted by jfkeze
... in several cases I've seen these fares with SN codes TATL even on AC metal so you might end up with a different ticket stock...
Can confirm my tickets booked via Expedia are issued on SN stock
Old Jan 4, 2023, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by kaspars
Can confirm my tickets booked via Expedia are issued on SN stock
Just one of the many reasons why I would never use (and have never used) OTAs - irrespective of how much that would bring the price down.

In this case, AC ticket in P brings 200% to TP and 150% to TK - SN ticket in P brings one big ZERO to both TP and TK ... Thank you, but no, thank you!
Old Jan 4, 2023, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by MichaelA380
In this case, AC ticket in P brings 200% to TP and 150% to TK - SN ticket in P brings one big ZERO to both TP and TK ... Thank you, but no, thank you!
For Star Alliance since when is the issuing carrier of importance? It is always the fare class of the operating carrier, i.e. it doesn't matter if ticket is issued on AC or SN ticket stock.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 1:49 pm

That is not my experience - I have a real-life example, where for flights issued on LH in P but operated by LX in P I got exactly ZERO credit at TK. When I complained, they told me that I have an LH ticket so I should go and grit wood ...
Old Jan 5, 2023, 3:47 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Originally Posted by SK AAR
For Star Alliance since when is the issuing carrier of importance? It is always the fare class of the operating carrier, i.e. it doesn't matter if ticket is issued on AC or SN ticket stock.
exactly. can confirm that operating carrier matters for at least TK program.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by MichaelA380
That is not my experience - I have a real-life example, where for flights issued on LH in P but operated by LX in P I got exactly ZERO credit at TK. When I complained, they told me that I have an LH ticket so I should go and grit wood ...
Must be a mistake. I have always got miles in TK program in case of LH-issued tickets for LX -operated flights on booking class which is eligible for LX accrual but would not be eligible on LH-operated flights...
Old Jan 5, 2023, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Correct, and if you try to get miles with TK for LH flight in P class you will get none regardless if ticketed on LX stock rather than LH stock (you get 100% miles for LX P class with TK).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.