Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL/VS Y+: PHL to BOM from $1380 and earn 5102 MQDs!

Old Nov 25, 2022, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Here is a Premium Economy deal for Delta flyers which takes advantages of partner airlines to amplify earnings.

These book into K fares on Virgin Atlantic which earn 150% of distance as RDMs and 30% of distance as MQDs.

Adding MQDs at an affordable rate can be of assistance to Philadelphia based flyers who want to pad their status accounts.

This a pure Mileage Run as you are only 2.5 hours in Mumbai, 8 hours in London and an overnight on the return. You may need a visa for India even as a transit since this is return to same country. But double check as some flyers on the Delhi Deli route pre-pandemic could do same plane transit sans visa.

PHL-BOM
would earn 25508 MQMs 5102 MQDs 3.69 MQD Ratio while Delta Diamond members would obtain 45914 RDMs, Platinum 39112 RDMs, Gold 35711 RDMs, Silver 32310 RDMs, Base 25508 RDMs

Book Flights Here!

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page. Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals
dailycavalier and IggySD like this.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 5:00 pm

I admire anyone who finds this a good deal due to the following:

Outbound flights:
11.5 hour layover @ BOS
9 hour layover @ LHR

Return:
17 hour layover @ LHR

I enjoy spending some time at the VS Clubhouse @ LHR but not that long. Also, not even sure if Y+ passengers get access. Do even STE get access since VS isnt officially a SkyTeam member?
Old Nov 25, 2022, 11:18 pm

Programs: DL DM + Reserve, SPG + HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Magnum9
I enjoy spending some time at the VS Clubhouse @ LHR but not that long. Also, not even sure if Y+ passengers get access. Do even STE get access since VS isnt officially a SkyTeam member?
Delta Platinum and Diamond medallions get access when traveling on a Virgin Atlantic or Delta Air Lines operated flight leaving the UK. You can also bring a guest with you. I did this recently with a Main Cabin Economy ticket.

Virgin Atlantic London Heathrow Clubhouse
Old Dec 26, 2022, 7:25 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Thanks for posting this. There were quite a few options for originating and connecting cities (ORD, ATL, JFK, etc.) as well as travel dates. While I will have more than enough hours at LHR on the way over, nothing else was nearly as long. And my connection there on the return is under 2 hours. This trip has been on my 'list' for some time, so I'm staying a few days all while earning extra MQD's.

Thank you!!!!
Old Dec 28, 2022, 3:51 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
STE do not get access to Clubhouse unless, like everyone else, they're on a Biz class ticket. :-(

Yeah, this is not a great deal.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 2:16 am

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Originally Posted by ATLConsultant
STE do not get access to Clubhouse unless, like everyone else, they're on a Biz class ticket. :-(

Since Delta Diamonds have Clubhouse access while on an international flight departing the UK, I should be good to go. Info from dailycavalier 's link. This deal might not work for everyone, but I'm pretty thrilled. I'll have just a 2-hour connection in BOS and a 9-hour layover in LHR. LHR will either be Clubhouse or a visit with a friend for a few of those hours.

My return has a one hour and 40-minute stop in LHR and then on to JFK.

And the MQD's take a big bite out of requalification spend! Happy!
jfkeze and DCNYSFLA like this.

Last edited by nichelle; Dec 29, 2022 at 2:25 am
Old Dec 29, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: Lots

Since when does lounge access matter for a deal? The primary consideration is MQM (and nowadays MQD) and based on that this is pretty damn good. I believe you can get DL Diamond for less than $7k and ~15 days travel. Thats about as efficient as it gets these days. Plus as Nichelle stated the long layovers can be good for those who want to visit friends / family or explore,
curlingfan and rollthere like this.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
Thanks OP.... There is a $1770 fare out of MSP where I based and I considering it......

Update: BOOKED

Last edited by cliburn; Dec 29, 2022 at 4:11 pm
Old Dec 30, 2022, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by IggySD
Since when does lounge access matter for a deal? The primary consideration is MQM (and nowadays MQD) and based on that this is pretty damn good. I believe you can get DL Diamond for less than $7k and ~15 days travel. Thats about as efficient as it gets these days. Plus as Nichelle stated the long layovers can be good for those who want to visit friends / family or explore,

It's the layover times combined with the "meh" pricing for me. I can routinely find USA-BOM in biz class for $2100-$2350 without horrible layovers. I don't find this a good deal at all but to each his/her own.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
ex-ORD for $1436 usual long layovers, etc...

ORD-BOM would earn 25946 MQMs 5189 MQDs 3.61 MQD Ratio while Delta Diamond members would obtain 46702 RDMs, Platinum 39783 RDMs, Gold 36324 RDMs, Silver 32864 RDMs, Base 25946 RDMs
Book Flights Here!

Old Jan 2, 2023, 1:16 am

It's the layover times combined with the "meh" pricing for me. I can routinely find USA-BOM in biz class for $2100-$2350 without horrible layovers. I don't find this a good deal at all but to each his/her own.
I don’t recall seeing any of those posted to the board recently, could you provide some details? Just did a quick search and the last US-India deal I saw in C was closer to $3k so if you know of flights closer to $2k I’m sure people would appreciate additional information.
cliburn likes this.

Last edited by IggySD; Jan 2, 2023 at 1:17 am Reason: Spelling correction
Old Jan 3, 2023, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by IggySD
I dont recall seeing any of those posted to the board recently, could you provide some details? Just did a quick search and the last US-India deal I saw in C was closer to $3k so if you know of flights closer to $2k Im sure people would appreciate additional information.
Hi - the last deal if found was in 2021. It was NYC-BOM on KLM for $2350.

Found BOS-BOM on Delta/KLM for $2080. 2020. Bought a cheap economy R/T fare from ATL to BOS.

I think i posted both on these boards after i had booked. If i forgot one i apologize, but i'm also super busy with work and updating this board is not my first priority. Sorry but it just isn't. :-)
Old Jan 3, 2023, 6:27 pm

Hi - the last deal if found was in 2021. It was NYC-BOM on KLM for $2350.

Found BOS-BOM on Delta/KLM for $2080. 2020. Bought a cheap economy R/T fare from ATL to BOS.

I think i posted both on these boards after i had booked. If i forgot one i apologize, but i'm also super busy with work and updating this board is not my first priority. Sorry but it just isn't. :-)
Ahh, thanks for clarifying (and posting past deals), I thought you were seeing current prices at around $2k. I suspect 2020-2021 pricing was an anomaly but hopefully well see similar again.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others

Inflation alone is responsible for a 15% increase between 2020 and 2023, so that same ticket would be nearly $2400 now, let alone the dramatic increase in demand between now and 2020.
cliburn likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Look like this PE fare with VS code is gone and prices are up around 2300 for VS to get Max MQD. Now only showing some JFK-DEL on DL code around 1500 for 3-7 days trips.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.