FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   SAS Premium Econ: $720-750 -- ORD to Europe -- JAN - MAR (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/2101880-sas-premium-econ-720-750-ord-europe-jan-mar.html)

Roamingredcoat Nov 23, 2022 9:12 pm

SAS Premium Econ: $720-750 -- ORD to Europe -- JAN - MAR

LHR seems to have the most consistency of dates, but other European cities are included across Jan thru Mar dates. Books into A which gives 100-150% with many *A programs. Available direct with SAS or with agencies.

Sample LHR link

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...99ea2d1bb9.png
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...6b146d16d6.png

nk15 Nov 23, 2022 9:51 pm

The blogs have ORD-DUB at $470.

c5ruzr Nov 23, 2022 9:53 pm

Chicago to Dublin under $500. Long layovers but could build a few trips into one!

Pretty tempting!

nk15 Nov 23, 2022 10:07 pm

Going to Europe for pleasure in the winter instead of the Carribean, I can't get excited about that no matter how hard I try...especially with Covid still going on.

jfkeze Nov 23, 2022 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by c5ruzr (Post 34781251)
Chicago to Dublin under $500. Long layovers but could build a few trips into one!

Pretty tempting!

Some days not so bad , 8+ hours outbound but a short one on the return...
ORD-DUBhttps://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...47bb83b952.jpg

mlbcard Nov 23, 2022 10:41 pm

Sweet! Can do spring break if you leave on Friday.

asujon Nov 23, 2022 10:45 pm

It’s available from other airports too. I just booked SFO-ZRH via CPH for $746. Also, as far as the dates, you just need to start the trip by the end of March, the return can be later

Repooc17 Nov 24, 2022 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by c5ruzr (Post 34781251)

Pretty tempting!

Thanks. Booked one for President's Day weekend. Quick turn, as how MR is intended.

RSTflyer Nov 24, 2022 9:43 pm

New poster but long-time lurker - finally pulled the trigger on an account.

Have seen this fare pop up intermittently - flew ORD-ARN on this fare on the A330 last year. Was able to upgrade 2 pax to business for $505 pp on the way out and $500 on the way back using the SAS bid upgrade system - you won't get credit higher fare earnings but certainly more comfortable across the pond. Believe PE gets SAS lounge access as well, though it's not much to write home about.

FWIW, T5 at ORD is still a bit of a disaster with renovations, and not sure airside transfer has opened back up from the other terminals yet, so would leave a little time if connecting in.

Repooc17 Nov 24, 2022 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by RSTflyer (Post 34783206)

Have seen this fare pop up intermittently - flew ORD-ARN on this fare on the A330 last year. Was able to upgrade 2 pax to business for $505 pp on the way out and $500 on the way back using the SAS bid upgrade system - you won't get credit higher fare earnings but certainly more comfortable across the pond. Believe PE gets SAS lounge access as well, though it's not much to write home about.

FWIW, T5 at ORD is still a bit of a disaster with renovations, and not sure airside transfer has opened back up from the other terminals yet, so would leave a little time if connecting in.

Delta has moved into T5. I am planning to fly in and out of ORD with DL.

For those crediting to UA. PE fares would be limited to 500 on the long haul, so you are looking at 1,000 PQP + whatever intra-Europe would earn. The $500 fare to DUB would earn more than 2 PQP for every $1 of spend. The $700+ fare would still earn the same PQP.

Repooc17 Nov 26, 2022 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Repooc17 (Post 34782523)
Thanks. Booked one for President's Day weekend. Quick turn, as how MR is intended.

Cancelled (within 24 hrs) and booked a new one for a month later. Two reasons:

1) found an itinerary with 1.5 hrs of layover on the outbound (via ARN) and 2.5 hours on the return (via CPH). Was only a few dollars more ($508) and bookable directly on the SAS website.

2) have some issues with my passport, so the move to March gives me more cushions.

liubertas Dec 14, 2022 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by RSTflyer (Post 34783206)

I was able to book this fare for this routing EWR-CPH-VNO VNO-CPH-EWR.
Unfortunately both EWR-CPH and CPH-EWR require $800 minimum bid for an upgrade on SAS website.

jamiel Dec 14, 2022 7:58 pm

Booked this ORD-CPH-BCN and return; just got a schedule change email which wasn't acceptable; their rebooking had me double connecting through CPH and ARN to get home earliest; I preferred the longer layover of the late afternoon CPH-ORD nonstop and they rebooked without question.

RSTflyer Dec 14, 2022 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by liubertas (Post 34834691)
I was able to book this fare for this routing EWR-CPH-VNO VNO-CPH-EWR.
Unfortunately both EWR-CPH and CPH-EWR require $800 minimum bid for an upgrade on SAS website.

FWIW this seems to fluctuate. At various times I saw minimum bids anywhere from $300-$800...may end up dropping later.

nieszprot Jan 3, 2023 6:01 am

Just to update - new dates have been loaded, basically till EOS. EWR/ATH - GDN/JFK booked for less than 700 EUR.