Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AF: New York - RAK $2040 rt biz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF: New York - RAK $2040 rt biz

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2022, 7:47 pm

Programs: Tribe 54 Sweat Lodge 12
Ugh literally going end of month. Dumb AF
Old Nov 2, 2022, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by KL803
It looks like it's repricing on some itineraries. But on Expedia still available. I guess, it lasts while it lasts... IMO not so MR-worthy due to the minumum stay requirement, but a fantastic fare nonetheless.
Booked MIA-RAK rt September $1245 Expedia
rajhyd99 and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Originally Posted by KL803
It looks like it's repricing on some itineraries. But on Expedia still available. I guess, it lasts while it lasts... IMO not so MR-worthy due to the minimum stay requirement, but a fantastic fare nonetheless.
Yes the Min 7 days Stay is killing the MR deals otherwise the price (below 1500 from Various cities) is very cheap for this sector.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 8:50 pm

Programs: BA G, SQ G,UA S, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
available from CLT as well.
able to book on AF website too
I booked via IAP for June 2023 $1119, CDG-JFK, hopefully, in new AF J suite
FYI, Amex offer has AF 1000+ USD with 20k MR rebate, unfortunately, none of us received the offer across 8 amex cards

Last edited by jeffreier; Nov 3, 2022 at 11:50 am
Old Nov 2, 2022, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
AMEX also has a $200 rebate on AF, I did not receive it either.

Since this is nonrefundable, can we get airline credit if we cancel at all? Or only free rebooking + fare difference?
Old Nov 2, 2022, 8:56 pm

Modification before the tripYou can change your ticket before your first outbound flight at no cost to the same or a higher fare type.Modification after the tripYou can change your ticket after your first outbound flight at no cost to the same or a higher fare type.Refund before the tripBefore the departure of your first outbound flight, you will not receive a refund if you cancel your flight, except for taxes and charges in compliance with applicable regulations.Refund after the tripAfter the departure of your first outbound flight, you will not receive a refund if you cancel your flight, except for taxes and charges in compliance with applicable regulations.

Refund

If you are not present in time for boarding, the ticket is not refundable and you are not eligible for a free rebooking. Booking fees are not refundable, except in the event of flight cancellation by the company or in the event of a delay of more than 5 hours and you renounce to travel. Other surcharges are not refundable if the ticket condition does not allow refund. In case of partial refund, the amount refunded will take into account a fare adjustment based on a one way fare of the flown ticket. Extra service fees can be added if the refund is processed offline.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Who issues the ticket, and do you know if they give airline credit if you cancel....(like American who gives travel credit for nonrefundable tickets).
Old Nov 2, 2022, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Obviously this is an attack on AA hubs (MIA, CLT, PHL, even DFW).

Last edited by nk15; Nov 2, 2022 at 9:31 pm
Old Nov 2, 2022, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CMN is coastal and should be better than RAK in the summer...I can get it with the two short legs on Air Maroc and 7K+ LPs for an AA EXP, for $1.28k, but still not good enough, I will pass...

The nonrefundable part is also worrying.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
Who issues the ticket, and do you know if they give airline credit if you cancel....(like American who gives travel credit for nonrefundable tickets).
057 AF stock
CMN is just a short train ride away from RAK
Old Nov 2, 2022, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jeffreier
057 AF stock
CMN is just a short train ride away from RAK
Almost 3 hours by train, or an extra flight.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 12:14 am

FYI: AF site let me hold this fare/price for 72 hours for a nominal fee... worth it to be able to talk to the SO and research more
Old Nov 3, 2022, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by nk15
I ticketed on Delta. $1251.68 MIA-RAK Out Mid-May back in Mid-September.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 12:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, DL GM, AA Plat, NEXUS
Also valid to CMN/RBA/TNG/ALG/TUN, basically AF's North African network.
jfkeze and nk15 like this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: Former UA1K transitioning to WFBF mentality
Originally Posted by rajhyd99
Yes I am seeing min 6-7 days stay and 60 days advance purchase required. Anybody any suggestions how to combine another MR from RAK to get some extra MQM/MQD instead of spending on Hotel stay in RAK.
Try ex-TUN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.