Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines- JFK FRA $2,089.00 Business class

Old Oct 28, 2022, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

OUT BOUND 10/28 TO 12/05 AND 12/24 TO MARCH 31

COMPLETE TRAVEL BY 31MAY 2023

BOOK BY 04 NOV 22

Manchester @ $3,089.00
Old Oct 28, 2022, 6:13 pm

Old Oct 28, 2022, 6:34 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by LanikaiKid
Hopefully the $200 you save going with the OTA is worth the headache versus going straight to SQ.
LanikaiKid likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 12:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Estimated earnings in various programs:

Alaska Mileage Plan you would get (100%) 7710 EQMs and (200%) 15420 RDMs
United Airlines would get 7710 EQMs (100%)
Lufthansa Miles & More and SAS EuroBonus would get 11566 EQMs (150%)
Aegean Miles & Bonus and most other Star Alliance programs would get (125%) or 9638 EQMs
Jajaju, LanikaiKid and geoshina like this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 3:01 am

SecretFlying have now posted this. They are absolute slugs.
Fly2Connect likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 3:24 am

Programs: QF; VA; AS
Originally Posted by Tofino87
SecretFlying have now posted this. They are absolute slugs.
Yes, SF almost certainly get many of their deals from this site. The least they could do is attribute the deal back to PFD.
Fly2Connect, rt23456p and Marschel like this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 5:06 am

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
idk, if most of the travel world knew about and went straight to this thread, it would be way more competitive to grab these deals (and subsequently less likely that the best ones would be honored), so while its grimy to not attribute the source, in this case Im glad for it
Fly2Connect likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 5:07 am

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
this one was at least published by SQ (I learned about it cause they emailed me), so everyone should know its intentional in addition to a good deal
Kacee and ExArkie like this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
SQ has offered this rate multiple times in recent years.

Now if you can get this rate all the way to SIN, that would be an even better deal, which did happen a few short years ago. I remember getting a quick shower in between the fairly quick connection at FRA in the AC lounge.
rt23456p and Antonio8069 like this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 6:44 am

While SQ is a nice product, this fare is cheap for a reason: if you are continuing to Europe beyond FRA, SQ26 is too early in the morning for almost any connecting flights, so you need to overnight in FRA before returning home.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by desafino
While SQ is a nice product, this fare is cheap for a reason: if you are continuing to Europe beyond FRA, SQ26 is too early in the morning for almost any connecting flights, so you need to overnight in FRA before returning home.
Well I believe this fare is only to FRA so Im not sure how thats relevant. I guess if you wanted to book separate tickets, having that overnight is probably a good thing.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 6:28 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Well I believe this fare is only to FRA so Im not sure how thats relevant. I guess if you wanted to book separate tickets, having that overnight is probably a good thing.
Exactly what I just did last month. Took a separate ticket to FRA from HEL and spent the day there. I figured why not, since I've been to Germany and transited FRA dozens of times but never actually visited the city.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I honestly imagine this would be a feature, not a downside considering how often the bloggers post about adding free stopovers on itineraries to "get" another city.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 12:08 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by Polytonic
I honestly imagine this would be a feature, not a downside considering how often the bloggers post about adding free stopovers on itineraries to "get" another city.
Free stopovers being discussed on blogs are almost always regarding award tickets. This is a cash ticket.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 11:22 am

Programs: Star alliance Gold, United 1K
Another reason the price might be low is the absence of an SQ lounge at JFK. Use the Wingtips Lounge at JFK (biz class has access) and avoid the Maharaja Lounge which welcomes *alliance gold. Flew SQ last month and made the mistake of going there. Its terrible-bad food and drink with complementary flying bugs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.