Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Business (p) LH Amsterdam-Malabo (AMS-SSG) 1200-1300ish €/usd

Old Sep 22, 22, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,

Hi all

dont post often but this is just a good deal.

amsterdam to malabo (equatorial guinea) for 1200-1300ish EURO/usd. Exchange just 1:1.

from november and further plenty of flights daily.

book with LH direct. Flex refundable avialble around 1800€

transit in FRA and tech stop in Lagos (no visa need)

recommend book it with flight evening and night stop over in FRA. As AMS to SSG same say very short time in FRA of just over an hour. risk of misconnection.

view likes this.
Old Sep 22, 22, 6:37 pm

Is Lufthansa currently having a sale ? i see many low LH fares from Europe outside of Germany
Old Sep 23, 22, 2:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Originally Posted by Bleuprince16 View Post
Is Lufthansa currently having a sale ? i see many low LH fares from Europe outside of Germany
I do not know. I only know to Malabo this is a bargain. A rare destination with deals.
Old Sep 23, 22, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by christravelblog View Post
I do not know. I only know to Malabo this is a bargain. A rare destination with deals.

Most of those travelling there are involved in the oil industry, and air routes to Malabo were traditionally high-earners - so maybe the bottom has dropped out of the market.

Equatorial Guinea is the single African nation I'd probably avoid returning to. But although it's a place unlikely to be on anyone's bucket-list, for collectors of passport stamps it's probably a winner … and a couple of days in Malabo would be fine.

But unless you have a US passport, visas are likely to be tricky. The consul in London was asking for bank statements and criminal records before issuing tourist visas: this for a vibrant kleptocracy

Malabo, on Bioko (AKA Fernando Po), displays some colonial heritage, and has a (shabby) corniche: the island boasts a volcano and there are beaches. The mainland is interesting, though travel there was (at my time) discouraged.

For anyone looking for island life in the gulf of Guinea, Săo Tomé offers a far, far more pleasant environment. It's yet to enter Lufthansa's schedule, but Star partner TAP will get you there.
Old Sep 23, 22, 5:56 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
AMS-LOS also available in the same price range... Again not the greatest tourist locations but might be of use to some...
Google Flights
Old Sep 23, 22, 6:22 am

I saw this LH fare. Not a popular tourist destination
Old Sep 23, 22, 7:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Bleuprince16 View Post
I saw this LH fare. Not a popular tourist destination
Astana ain't bad, just avoid the winters!! 🥶🥶 Now it's back to the old name after the Nur -Sultan period... I was there in 2016 in a Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan combo , here is a mini TR on Astana
Deckter likes this.

Search this Thread