Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LA/QF: SYD to SCL/LIM/EZE from AUD 4644

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2022, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Decent sale (for Australia) with LATAM and Qantas from Sydney, Australia to Santiago de Chile, Lima or Buenos Aires.

On the Lima and Buenos Aires examples the last segment from Santiago to Sydney is operated by Qantas but with a LATAM codeshare so If you wish to credit to Delta, you would not earn miles for the last flight . But all segments should earn with Alaska Mileage Plan.

SYD-LIM

SYD-LIM would earn 15162 MQMs 3032 MQDs 0.96 MQD Ratio while Delta Diamond members would obtain 27292 RDMs, Platinum 23248 RDMs, Gold 21227 RDMs, Silver 19205 RDMs, Base 15162 RDMs

SYD-LIM would earn 200% RDMs (34336 miles) and 100% EQMs (17168 miles) with Alaska Mileage Plus

SYD-SCL

SYD-SCL would earn 21180 MQMs 4236 MQDs 1.29 MQD Ratio while Delta Diamond members would obtain 38124 RDMs, Platinum 32476 RDMs, Gold 29652 RDMs, Silver 26828 RDMs, Base 21180 RDMs

SYD-SCL would earn 200% RDMs (28240 miles) and 100% EQMs (14120 miles) with Alaska Mileage Plan.

SYD-EZE

SYD-EZE would earn 11144 MQMs 2229 MQDs 0.71 MQD Ratio while Delta Diamond members would obtain 20058 RDMs, Platinum 17087 RDMs, Gold 15601 RDMs, Silver 14115 RDMs, Base 11144 RDMs

SYD-EZE would earn 200% RDMs (34336 miles) and 100% EQMs (17168 miles) with Alaska

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page. Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals
Old Sep 12, 2022, 6:03 am

Programs: QF LTG
Earlier this year you could get this for $2900 Aussie.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Decent sale (for Australia) with LATAM and Qantas from Sydney, Australia to Santiago de Chile, Lima or Buenos Aires.

On the Lima and Buenos Aires examples the last segment from Santiago to Sydney is operated by Qantas but with a LATAM codeshare so If you wish to credit to Delta, you would not earn miles for the last flight . But all segments should earn with Alaska Mileage Plan.

AS Earning details for LA flights.

Qualify for mileage accrual

Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below, and your flight must be marketed and operated by LATAM Airlines under airline code LA. Codeshare flights marketed by LATAM Airlines and operated by another carrier are not eligible to earn miles. LATAM Airlines award flights booked into the fare classes above are not eligible to earn miles or elite qualifying miles or segments.

Eligible flight numbers
  • 1 - 805
  • 808 - 4799
  • 7500 - 8299

As you can see, Flight LA806 & LA807 are ineligible to earn in Mileage Plan. Why? LA806 SYD-SCL & LA807 SCL-SYD are LA codeshares operated by QF.

So, no, not all flights will accrue in Mileage Plan.

James
Quail likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
AS Earning details for LA flights.

Qualify for mileage accrual

Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below, and your flight must be marketed and operated by LATAM Airlines under airline code LA. Codeshare flights marketed by LATAM Airlines and operated by another carrier are not eligible to earn miles. LATAM Airlines award flights booked into the fare classes above are not eligible to earn miles or elite qualifying miles or segments.

Eligible flight numbers
  • 1 - 805
  • 808 - 4799
  • 7500 - 8299

As you can see, Flight LA806 & LA807 are ineligible to earn in Mileage Plan. Why? LA806 SYD-SCL & LA807 SCL-SYD are LA codeshares operated by QF.

So, no, not all flights will accrue in Mileage Plan.

James
Apologies! 😳😓
I guess I mixed up the fact that QF is oneworld and assumed that metal would count... In this particular case, then the QF segment would be an orphan, perhaps credit to LATAM or Qantas?
LATAM sure finds ways to screw things up... 🧐🤨
Old Sep 16, 2022, 4:11 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Apologies! 😳😓
I guess I mixed up the fact that QF is oneworld and assumed that metal would count... In this particular case, then the QF segment would be an orphan, perhaps credit to LATAM or Qantas?
LATAM sure finds ways to screw things up... 🧐🤨
I know this because I flew LA806 in 2018. QF B747 over the southern polar route. The LA earning charts in Mileage Plan changed in July, 2018, for the worse. Most Y fares (except one or two deeply discounted fare classes) earned 100% EQM, I class earned a 25% COS & the LA codeshares on QF weren't excluded before the changes.

I booked my itinerary in March 2018 but existing itineraries were not grandfathered in. Of course, both QF & LA were oneworld alliance members at the time but AS was not so partnerships were independent of each other. AS did allow credit for the LA codeshare but denied the 25% COS on a subsequent SCL-MAD flight in I class. I flew around the world to get from ICN to NRT.

Also of note, if you fly the LA codeshare in Y, you will not have QF lounge access based on oneworld status.

I just wanted to highlight the exclusion so readers are aware that those two flight won't earn in Mileage Plan. Easy to overlook.

James
jfkeze likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.