Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

EK First BKK HKG Return USD $850

EK First BKK HKG Return USD $850

Old Jan 12, 2023, 2:10 am

Downgraded to Business

Just been downgraded to Business for my flight in September. Looks like they’ve changed equipment. What are people planning on doing who have booked this?
Old Jan 12, 2023, 4:13 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
Google flights only showing F availability up to the end of June.

I'm planning on doing an overnighter in mid-April, so hoping there will be no further changes
Old Jan 12, 2023, 5:22 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by ClutchBrace
Just been downgraded to Business for my flight in September. Looks like they’ve changed equipment. What are people planning on doing who have booked this?
I assume you should be able to cancel your ticket and get a refund when you get downgraded?
Old Jan 12, 2023, 6:29 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
I assume you should be able to cancel your ticket and get a refund when you get downgraded?
You should be able to but I suggest you wait it out awhile. My plane changed 3 times over the course of a year. May very well switch back to one with F and you will be fine.

CC
Old Jan 13, 2023, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
You should be able to but I suggest you wait it out awhile. My plane changed 3 times over the course of a year. May very well switch back to one with F and you will be fine.
I doubt it on this route. They need the economy seats to/from Bangkok and there is a direct DXB-HKG (with F) re-starting soon.
chris63 and subject2load like this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 1:59 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Try your luck at getting them to book you on HKG-DXB-BKK by stomping your feet and HUCA when it doesn’t work
Old Mar 21, 2023, 1:12 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Has anyone recently done a same day turnaround on the route in HKG?
The fare has increased, but looking to do the ultimate visa run out of / back to Thailand in April, and interested to know whether there are any restrictions in HKG
Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by beachboy1966
The fare has increased, but looking to do the ultimate visa run out of / back to Thailand in April, and interested to know whether there are any restrictions in HKG
Thanks in advance.
Did it a couple months back, no questions asked really. As long as you have a passport from a western country you’ll rarely even raise eyebrows when doing this.

I even had time to take the train and head to Central to have coffee with a friend before heading back to the airport (look at the train timetable if you want to do this). Also recommend to get your return BP printed in BKK so you don’t have to go to the counter.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by Digicola
Did it a couple months back, no questions asked really. As long as you have a passport from a western country you’ll rarely even raise eyebrows when doing this.

I even had time to take the train and head to Central to have coffee with a friend before heading back to the airport (look at the train timetable if you want to do this). Also recommend to get your return BP printed in BKK so you don’t have to go to the counter.
Cheers, appreciate your reply. I have 2 western passports so this is not an issue.
Don't understand your ref to Central, it's only a 3 hour transit in HKG, did you clear customs and go downtown??
Old Mar 21, 2023, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Thanks in advance.
In HKG, no, get your BP printed in BKK & just follow transfers on arrival at HKG & pray EK reopen their lounge, you are unlikely to enjoy Plaza ‘premium ‘

On a side note immigration at BKK don’t like back to back Visa runs anymore
Old Mar 21, 2023, 4:24 am

Cheers, appreciate your reply. I have 2 western passports so this is not an issue.
Don't understand your ref to Central, it's only a 3 hour transit in HKG, did you clear customs and go downtown??
Thats exactly what I did

A bit tight timing wise but I thought doing a back to back in F was already a crazy thing to do, going downtown wouldn’t be much crazier.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by chris63
In HKG, no, get your BP printed in BKK & just follow transfers on arrival at HKG & pray EK reopen their lounge, you are unlikely to enjoy Plaza ‘premium ‘

On a side note immigration at BKK don’t like back to back Visa runs anymore
Many thanks, will do if i decide to proceed. Yes, disappointing lounge remains closed, and I'm guessing, even as a OW Emerald, I don't have any other lounge options besides Plaza.

I have 2 passports, so up till now, have had no issues with Thai immigration. Leave on one passport, re-enter on the other.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Many thanks, will do if i decide to proceed. Yes, disappointing lounge remains closed, and I'm guessing, even as a OW Emerald, I don't have any other lounge options besides Plaza.

I have 2 passports, so up till now, have had no issues with Thai immigration. Leave on one passport, re-enter on the other.
Yes, it’ s Plaza only until EK reopen or maybe QF, not sure when that is reopening

2 Passports, way to go

It’s a fun day out, the BKK EK lounge is very nice & with EK’s stunning Wine list, possible to get most of your ticket price back on the Booze, my upcoming has Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru Louis Latour 2012 to go with Dom Perignon
Grafton001 and Rim1 like this.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
It’s a fun day out, the BKK EK lounge is very nice & with EK’s stunning Wine list, possible to get most of your ticket price back on the Booze, my upcoming has Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru Louis Latour 2012 to go with Dom Perignon [/QUOTE]

Totally agree and did this a month ago. No Dom Perignon on the ground at BKK, Moët only. Boarding at HKG for the return was well underway at 20.15pm when I got to the gate for the 21.00pm scheduled departure and Dom served on the ground. We had a delayed departure😀. Fantastic friendly crew.
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
I doubt it on this route. They need the economy seats to/from Bangkok and there is a direct DXB-HKG (with F) re-starting soon.
when is this? i'm based out of BKK (technically KBV) and been trying to fit at least a first one way of BKK-HKG into my schedule. couldn't make it happen on a work trip (makes the rest of it price so much higher coming from HKG) - still hoping to score this somewhere to try showering on a plane. figured i had all the time in the world to book the one way at $626. nice if it pops up cheaper tho...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.