Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Various Airlines Biz Sale - YVR to Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2022, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Different dates starting from September, Lufthansa and British Airways Sale to different European destinations!

e.g. $2422 - YVR to BCN -> British Airways Oct 8 - Oct 21

Most prices are around ~2500

Cannot post the link, but there is a lot of fares with this pricing.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Looks to be *A and SkyTeam, all the way out to EOS. Seeing FCO/CDG/BCN/AMS(including Non-Stop KLM)
DCNYSFLA likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Found OW from Sfo/Sjc to FCO for about $2500. Saves positioning costs and time. Nice find OP.

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...6vWmUdEUoRahE7
Boraxo and TalkingPoint like this.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Globalist
Thank you! Just booked for our group of 7 next June. YVR to BCN, with a stop in MUC outbound on Lufthansa. Back from BCN to YVR with a stop in Zurich on the return, on Swiss.

Found some OW fares that would have been nice for mileage/status earning on AS, but they required less optimal days for our trip. $2,427/pax. With the Amex Biz Plat MR 35% rebate, ended up spending 157,810 MR/PAX R/T. Not bad at all.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Good for Canada, but I think we will see the same or better from California, sans the positioning fare and extra time.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 10:56 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
The thing about these that is impressive is the 3 day minimum stay. They dont require a saturday stay.

Book by Sept 20 though so getting close to last call.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
A little high for Europe, but ok from the West Coast and especially if you are applying BA discounts...Good fares from East Coast to Europe should be below $2k...

Last edited by nk15; Sep 16, 2022 at 1:39 pm
Old Sep 16, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
For those wanting something different...
WestJet has YVR to AMS via YYC for CAD 2671. Seems acceptable but not mind boggling...
Old Sep 17, 2022, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by nk15
A little high for Europe, but ok from the West Coast and especially if you are applying BA discounts...Good fares from East Coast to Europe should be below $2k...
There are almost never such lax min stay and advanced purchase requirements on fares in this price range. I dont recal and of the sub $2k fares you are referencing not having at least a Saturday stay requirement. And many have 90 or even 180 day advanced purchase reqs. Most fares w no Saturday stay requirement and only a 10 day advanced purchase requirement are $5k.
nk15 and TalkingPoint like this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 11:00 pm

Most of these were refiled with a Sept 30 ticket by date. Also, if you dig a bit you can see there is a long list of fare variants, but you dont have to go that far down the list to get to the fully refundable ones. I'm booking somewhere that I get ~15% discount and the refundable one was only $2600 so I think the fully refundable ones are roughly $3k. That is a really good price for 3 day min stay, no advanced purchase and refundable. The only bummer is they dont allow EoE ticketing and so I have to deal with that slight hassle if I need to check a bag.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 8:41 am

There is an OTA SnapTravel selling at least LH coded flights for US $2297 on YVR-PAR-YVR
Old Sep 27, 2022, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by stephem
Most of these were refiled with a Sept 30 ticket by date. Also, if you dig a bit you can see there is a long list of fare variants, but you dont have to go that far down the list to get to the fully refundable ones. I'm booking somewhere that I get ~15% discount and the refundable one was only $2600 so I think the fully refundable ones are roughly $3k. That is a really good price for 3 day min stay, no advanced purchase and refundable. The only bummer is they dont allow EoE ticketing and so I have to deal with that slight hassle if I need to check a bag.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Just a heads up to anyone booked on LH out of YVR - they've handed the route to Eurowings for NW22.

https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/220928-lh4ynw22ca
tomvancouver and artvandalay like this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 1:16 am

Needed to get over to Europe on relatively short notice, booked a SFO-FCO roundtrip with this fare + Amex IAP for $2872 roundtrip, 12 days out from the departure. No MR this time, actual travel! And that fare is nothing to sneeze at, considering my other main alternative was going to be redeeming my stash of VS points with over $1700 in taxes roundtrip.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Good for Canada, but I think we will see the same or better from California, sans the positioning fare and extra time.
What do you mean by SANS?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.