Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Qatar Airways Qsuite Jakarta to NEW York JFK $2770

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Airways Qsuite Jakarta to NEW York JFK $2770

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2023, 4:39 pm

Programs: QF Lifetime Gold + more
Sorry to rehash an old thread but I have been trying to book a similar fare (CGK - JFK in J on QR) which I can see on AA.com for about $2,800 USD. Like cdetbe I am based in Australia and when booking through AA's AU website I end up with an error code of "15012" when trying to complete payment. Calling AA they could not see the fare and had the same issue when trying to book via Expedia.

Is the trick to just keep trying different dates/flights until it works or call AA again and hopefully get someone who knows how to work around the problem?

Thanks!
PC
nancypants likes this.
Old May 3, 2023, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Plane Crazy
Sorry to rehash an old thread but I have been trying to book a similar fare (CGK - JFK in J on QR) which I can see on AA.com for about $2,800 USD. Like cdetbe I am based in Australia and when booking through AA's AU website I end up with an error code of "15012" when trying to complete payment. Calling AA they could not see the fare and had the same issue when trying to book via Expedia.

Is the trick to just keep trying different dates/flights until it works or call AA again and hopefully get someone who knows how to work around the problem?

Thanks!
PC
Have you tried a VPN with the location set to the US?
Old May 3, 2023, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Have you tried a VPN with the location set to the US?
Or just changing your location in the upper-right at AA.com to the US? I have changed it to another country and purchased flights in a foreign currency in the past.
jbalmuth and Global321 like this.
Old May 3, 2023, 6:34 pm

Programs: QF WP

Thanks!
PC
I am AU based and my workaround was to put the fare on hold and call in- as for some reason it fails when using an Australian card and the Australian version of the AA site quotes way higher fares

ETA:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2110259-unable-pay-held-reservation-pos-issue.html#post34978615
jbalmuth, Global321 and cruser1 like this.

Last edited by nancypants; May 3, 2023 at 11:53 pm
Old May 3, 2023, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA AVIOS , Qanats
Hi Just try the US website and then use any Random US address for your credit card . This worked for me last year , have booked from New Zealand
cruser1 likes this.
Old May 4, 2023, 4:31 pm

Programs: QF Lifetime Gold + more
Thanks for the useful feedback. Had a travel agent say it wasn't possible to book at the price quoted, however found a successful workaround by going through the US website, putting the reservation on hold, then calling a US agent with the booking reference to make payment.
Old May 9, 2023, 8:09 am

Thanks for the useful feedback. Had a travel agent say it wasn't possible to book at the price quoted, however found a successful workaround by going through the US website, putting the reservation on hold, then calling a US agent with the booking reference to make payment.
Glad you got this to work for you, I flew this route in April. I took SYD-CGK on QF (separate ticket) then CGK-DOH-JFK on QR and loved it. First time flying QR J and controversially, I found the "old" QR 777 2-2-2 format to be way more spacious and comfortable than the QSuite. The privacy in QSuite is nice, but the distance between rows on the old QR 777 2-2-2 "mini pods" is incredible. It is a very spacious cabin if you are "unlucky" and get that instead of the QSuite.

Enjoy!
trooper likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 1:04 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Bonvoy Ambassador + LtG, Hyatt Globalist, United Silver
Hi Everyone - sorry to resurrect this chain once again but I have been playing around with the fare and managed to route CGK-DOH-MIA/ORD-NYC in both directions without a problem for ~4k SGD (~3k USD), but cant really seem to get other places that should work based on fare rules to price at all. Looking at potential options of LAX, MSY, GRU, AUS, BNA. I am trying to combine vacation with a TP run so I know the cities aren't ideal for running but would be great for a holiday. Any/all thoughts would be appreciated.

Old Dec 5, 2023, 7:05 am

tried to book itinerary for january CGK-MIA return but i can‘t get it done on aa.com or gf <3k. Any advice how to book this would be really appreciated. Thank you.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 9:05 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by garou
tried to book itinerary for january CGK-MIA return but i can‘t get it done on aa.com or gf <3k. Any advice how to book this would be really appreciated. Thank you.
This thread is over a year old, and the last thread in the post is from five months ago. Fares change daily. If you cant find the fare, it is because the fare is gone.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 9:17 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by Adam1222
This thread is over a year old, and the last thread in the post is from five months ago. Fares change daily. If you cant find the fare, it is because the fare is gone.
Then it should have been archived or noted as such. Your statement is not accurate. Just because you can’t find a fare doesn’t mean it is gone. The previous question was for assistance.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Then it should have been archived or noted as such. Your statement is not accurate. Just because you can’t find a fare doesn’t mean it is gone. The previous question was for assistance.
Indeed, the fare still exists. No problem booking CGK-JFK sub 3k. CGK-MIA-JFK works as well for 1.8kish o/w, I just couldn‘t get it done as return. That‘s why I‘m asking for assistance.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
There are 363 pages of posts in this thread. If someone resuscitates every post months or years later "I cant find this fare," the forum is useless.

If you think Im wrong, and that this fare from 2022 is available, you can provide that assistance rather than just saying Im wrong.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 12:47 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by garou
$3k is the new price. New base fare was filed in May '23.
Code:
V FARE BASIS     BK    FARE   TRAVEL-TICKET AP  MINMAX  RTG
  1   RNN0NCN7       R‡R  2509.00     ----      -/1  -/12M AT01
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT                 AUTO PRICE-YES              
FROM-JKT TO-NYC    CXR-AA    TVL-01MAR24  RULE-A202 IPRA/1
FARE BASIS-RNN0NCN7          SPECIAL FARE  DIS-E   VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BX      RT-BUSINESS CLASS EXCURSION
IDR 38594000   MPM  E18MAY23 D-INFINITY   FC-RNN0NCN7  FN-     
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 17MAY23/2129  EXPIRES INFINITY

PUBLISHED RTG JKT-NYC/AA      EF-18MAY23 DIS-INDEF
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by Adam1222
There are 363 pages of posts in this thread. If someone resuscitates every post months or years later "I cant find this fare," the forum is useless.

If you think Im wrong, and that this fare from 2022 is available, you can provide that assistance rather than just saying Im wrong.
Thus the reason it should have been archived and noted as fare is gone. This would avoid the DYKWIA response that sometimes results here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.