Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

MXP-PER 2200 € Oman air / Malindo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2022, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways

I was looking for ex-EU to AU tickets for January - March and this was the cheapest option to come up with.

Last edited by sluneckov; Aug 9, 2022 at 11:16 am
Old Aug 9, 2022, 10:46 am

2. Post active fare deals only.

This means:
  • Unless you have a deal to share, don’t start a new topic. Don’t start threads for things that are off-topic, such as general discussion about premium cabins or for help finding deals.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 11:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by greenender
2. Post active fare deals only.

This means:
  • Unless you have a deal to share, don’t start a new topic. Don’t start threads for things that are off-topic, such as general discussion about premium cabins or for help finding deals.
​​​​​

I don't see what you're trying to say. This seems to be very active deal. I don't know much about the ex-EU to AU fare price range but if Google is any indicator; this is a deal of sorts.

greenender likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by mb4wong
​​​​​

I don't see what you're trying to say. This seems to be very active deal. I don't know much about the ex-EU to AU fare price range but if Google is any indicator; this is a deal of sorts.

This is an active deal. LH + Oman has been coming up for a good few destinations. Something that is within an alliance Sri Lankan for about 3k for OW fliers. There is also Vietnam Airlines BUD-MEL for 2.6k. On a general topic of fares to AU
greenender and ubiest like this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 3:16 pm
formerly Sleepy_Sentry

Originally Posted by sluneckov
I was looking for ex-EU to AU tickets for January - March and this was the cheapest option to come up with.

This is a good fare, but I wouldn’t consider it an active deal since this is standard Oman Air pricing. I think this could be interesting to some. I guess there aren’t many people who would want to take advantage of this. Still, you never know.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 3:50 am

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Just be aware that Malindo business class (Lion Air group to be rebranded Batik air soon) is something more near to a Premium economy than a real business class, (recliners, limited choice Y style food and drinks, no alcohol), better than traveling Y for sure, just do not set your expectations too high, certainly one or two steps below Oman air cabin.
jfkeze, rt23456p and HarbourGent like this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 6:49 am
formerly rt23456p

Originally Posted by BobFF68
Just be aware that Malindo business class (Lion Air group to be rebranded Batik air soon) is something more near to a Premium economy than a real business class, (recliners, limited choice Y style food and drinks, no alcohol), better than traveling Y for sure, just do not set your expectations too high, certainly one or two steps below Oman air cabin.
Isn't it more like US domestic F? Given they operate A320/737 narrowbodies, definitely a huge step down from WY.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BobFF68
I wouldn’t mind KUL-PER, that redeye on the way back is killer though.I miss the good old days with QR fares..
Old Aug 10, 2022, 9:55 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
I bought SYD-LHR recently, routing SYD-BKK-MCT-LHR on TG/WY/WY. I was offered TG, MH or Malindo for the first leg all for roughly the same price. So I wonder if it's feasible to avoid Malindo on this fare.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by dsf
I bought SYD-LHR recently, routing SYD-BKK-MCT-LHR on TG/WY/WY. I was offered TG, MH or Malindo for the first leg all for roughly the same price. So I wonder if it's feasible to avoid Malindo on this fare.
Other days shows MH as an alternative, but they also fly KUL-PER with a 737 with recliners...
Google Flights
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Thoughts to when Oman will start earning on oneworld?
Old Aug 12, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by davem4
Thoughts to when Oman will start earning on oneworld?
I understand they are not joining until 2024
sluneckov likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jfkeze
Other days shows MH as an alternative, but they also fly KUL-PER with a 737 with recliners...
Google Flights
there is an option of open jaw MXP-PER / SYD-MXP MH A330 for € 2600.. will probably pull a trigger on that one as this seems to be the best deal out there in a long time..
Old Aug 31, 2023, 12:56 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Did they bother honouring this price or screw everyone over ?

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Sep 25, 2023 at 5:20 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.