Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BUD-HNL from 1815 USD (oneworld)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BUD-HNL from 1815 USD (oneworld)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2022, 2:11 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
"at the end decided that comfort (lie-flat to HNL and back) was more important than TPs."

Absolutely. Good call.
Agree. I’ve done the flights to/from HNL on domestic first seats with AA many times and it’s not great for a 5 hour journey especially overnight. That’s why I also booked lie-flats from DFW-HNL and back for next year.
SavvyTravel likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA, Marriott, Starwood, Hyatt
For what it's worth, I had an unhelpful schedule change from American. I'm due to return from Maui (OGG) in November. I was originally booked on a day flight from OGG to LAX as I really didn't want to fly overnight in a non flat bed seat. However as a result of a schedule change I was put onto a red eye instead. As I didn't like that, I called and asked to be routed OGG - DFW- LAX, in order that I could at least get a flat bed for the overnight leg. I was refused this re-routing. The agent I spoke to described herself as a supervisor and said she had spoken with someone else to check. She said that my re-routing had to be in a similar seat, they couldn't "upgrade" me into a flat bed. This despite the fact that they had changed my flight time from a day flight to a night flight. She agreed with m that this was very unfair, but was insistent it was the rule.

In the end I decided to leave Maui a day earlier on a day flight in order to avoid the overnight flight, but I thought I'd share my experience in case it's of interest to anyone else. The lesson seems to be that if you want a flat bed, you need to book it initially.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
I would have hung-up, waited an hour, and called back.

In such cases, when it is clear the agent is going to be difficult, it is important to get off the call quickly without an extended discussion so the agent doesn't put negative comments in your record.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 6:04 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
I would have hung-up, waited an hour, and called back.
I totally agree with this advice, and suggest also that you spend that hour researching where "I" inventory was available in your travel period. [btw, If your travel timeframe is Thanksgiving week, most all of the lie-flat seats in all inventory buckets to/from Hawaii have been reserved and fully paid for several months previous to now.]
Old Aug 12, 2022, 1:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by hammers2958
For what it's worth, I had an unhelpful schedule change from American. I'm due to return from Maui (OGG) in November. I was originally booked on a day flight from OGG to LAX as I really didn't want to fly overnight in a non flat bed seat. However as a result of a schedule change I was put onto a red eye instead. As I didn't like that, I called and asked to be routed OGG - DFW- LAX, in order that I could at least get a flat bed for the overnight leg. I was refused this re-routing. The agent I spoke to described herself as a supervisor and said she had spoken with someone else to check. She said that my re-routing had to be in a similar seat, they couldn't "upgrade" me into a flat bed. This despite the fact that they had changed my flight time from a day flight to a night flight. She agreed with m that this was very unfair, but was insistent it was the rule.

In the end I decided to leave Maui a day earlier on a day flight in order to avoid the overnight flight, but I thought I'd share my experience in case it's of interest to anyone else. The lesson seems to be that if you want a flat bed, you need to book it initially.
Not cool. I would have asked the agent if the same policy applies in reverse: If you're in a flat bed and get downgraded to an angle, presumably there'd be no issue in accommodating you on a longer route to preserve the better seat. Or does the supervisor's policy only work one way?
Deckter likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:14 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by palmanfr
An expert flyer paid subscription could give you the fare rules
Really? How does one reach that? I didn't know that and I have a full subscription.

Thanks but I worked it out for myself but wanted to thank you for that piece of information which was news to me. Thank you
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:18 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Really? How does one reach that? I didn't know that and I have a full subscription
In the left menu there's an option called Fare Information. You can look up published fares there and historical up to about a year I believe.
palmanfr likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:21 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
In the left menu there's an option called Fare Information. You can look up published fares there and historical up to about a year I believe.
We cross posted. I assume that you take the code from ITA Matrix and look up the rules. Excellent - thank you
ubiest likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
We cross posted. I assume that you take the code from ITA Matrix and look up the rules. Excellent - thank you
If you've already found the fare on ITA, you could read the rules there. However, one advantage of EF is that you can simply search city pairs and see all filed fares and their prices. After you've read through the fare rules you can then work on constructing it on ITA. This can be a big help for finding deals that don't pull up in ITA without knowing all the required constraints.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 2:25 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
The party is officially over on this fare. After weeks of hesitation on which routing I should book, I was ready to book. And the fare got significantly increased tonight... Hopefully will come back soon as it used to !
Old Aug 17, 2022, 5:02 am

The party is officially over on this fare. After weeks of hesitation on which routing I should book, I was ready to book. And the fare got significantly increased tonight... Hopefully will come back soon as it used to !
Don't fret...you're not alone.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 11:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
The lower fare has a 180 days advance purchase requirements. Are you sure your dates where over that limit?
Old Aug 18, 2022, 2:49 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Lefly
The lower fare has a 180 days advance purchase requirements. Are you sure your dates where over that limit?
Yeah. Even with 180 day advance purchase price is way up. Well over £2000 for most days in May and June. Still a few dates around £1850 for a week in April. Still a good deal. Will probably book another one of these. Fares may well come down in the coming months as jet fuel has been crashing last 2 months, although stil well up YoY.
Lefly likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 8:46 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Lefly
Yes, i checked the fare on EF and it went up 600-ish euros before taxes and YQ. Fare got changed on August 16th
Fare INX1C8S4 changed from 1000-ish to 1600-ish Euros (before taxes and YQ)
Lefly likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 9:05 am

Based on past experience, it has been on-and-off available for the last few years at least - sometimes out of SOF as well (where positioning is no less difficult)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.