Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BUD-HNL from 1815 USD (oneworld)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BUD-HNL from 1815 USD (oneworld)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun

I booked through AA, all BA codeshare flight numbers except LAX-HNL-DFW with AA prime flight numbers. The fare basis allows for changes & cancel to voucher. The fare was $1765.

James
When you book a BA or AA codeshare on AY - do you get the Avios credit for AA/BA or (slightly lower) AY?
Old Aug 4, 2022, 3:51 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by danmushman
When you book a BA or AA codeshare on AY - do you get the Avios credit for AA/BA or (slightly lower) AY?
I am not certain with Avios, I am crediting to AS. Generally, the marketing carrier, the 2 letter carrier code preceeding the flight number, determines earnings. You can use the calculator to determine earnings.

I flew LAX-DFW(AA)-HEL(AY) last week, both with BA flight numbers & earned according to the BA charts in Mileage Plan. That is favourable for AS accrual since BA flights in premium cabins have an additional 100% RDM bonus that you wouldn't earn on AY or AA.

James
danmushman likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 9:39 pm
vji

my LHR-DFW has a timing change which results in the itinerary going below MCT in DFW (90 min). What are my options? Can I have them route me via DFW both ways? Can I have them route me via DOH with QR? Can I have them book me in a higher earning class (J, C, D, for example, instead of I)?

if I paid with a FTV from a previous BA booking can I get a full refund in cash?

thanks so much.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:23 pm

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by vji
my LHR-DFW has a timing change which results in the itinerary going below MCT in DFW (90 min). What are my options? Can I have them route me via DFW both ways? Can I have them route me via DOH with QR? Can I have them book me in a higher earning class (J, C, D, for example, instead of I)?

if I paid with a FTV from a previous BA booking can I get a full refund in cash?

thanks so much.
It‘s definitely possible to get routed through DOH on QR, and also to get moved in full fare J so you can earn more avios. Don’t take no for an answer, HUCA until you get a competent agent that agrees.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 1:20 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by danmushman
Hi, on Oneworld, you get the mileage credit based on the marketing carrier (i.e The flight prefix you have for each flight). So BA marketed, AY operated earns per BA earning rates
danmushman likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 1:25 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Deckter
It‘s definitely possible to get routed through DOH on QR, and also to get moved in full fare J so you can earn more avios. Don’t take no for an answer, HUCA until you get a competent agent that agrees.
I have been trying for weeks to include segments via DOH on this fare, including on BA and AA operated flights in/out DOH where I class was available. (as QR does not show up on the fare rules). I was not able to succeed. I think because despite the mileage deduction of 2500 miles when routed via DOH you simply exceed the MPM way too much. I seriously doubt any agent will reroute you via DOH for a segment between LHR and DFW as AA operates also direct flights between the two cities, not mentioning the many possibilities with a one stop connection in the US... But let us know if you succeed with this request, i am actually curious to know how you can include DOH in this fare...
However, they could certainly rebook you on a higher fare class if I is no longer available for the new flights.
ubiest likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 2:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by palmanfr
Hi, on Oneworld, you get the mileage credit based on the marketing carrier (i.e The flight prefix you have for each flight). So BA marketed, AY operated earns per BA earning rates
Thanks!
Old Aug 5, 2022, 2:13 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Deckter
It‘s definitely possible to get routed through DOH on QR
To replace a cancelled (or no-longer-viable) segment between W Europe and N America?

You seem very confident, Deckter, ("definitely") -- do you have experience of this being allowed/approved? For many here it would be a dream result!
kyushuman and palmanfr like this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 3:05 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by IMH
To replace a cancelled (or no-longer-viable) segment between W Europe and N America?

You seem very confident, Deckter, ("definitely") -- do you have experience of this being allowed/approved? For many here it would be a dream result!
Sorry, forgot to put after my post.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by IMH

Definitely possible on short term IRROPS, happened to me 2 weeks ago. AA39 LHR-MIA cancelled less than 24hours before departure, called AA, rebooked via DOH in full J whole way (PRG-DOH-MIA, over 38K LP/RDMS as AA EXP) and it was originally just basic economy ticket:-) on 001(AA) stock, economy class PRG-LHR, business (C class upgrade using SWU) on LHR-MIA leg.
our_kid, IMH and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 7:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by elite_sh
Definitely possible on short term IRROPS, happened to me 2 weeks ago. AA39 LHR-MIA cancelled less than 24hours before departure, called AA, rebooked via DOH in full J whole way (PRG-DOH-MIA, over 38K LP/RDMS as AA EXP) and it was originally just basic economy ticket:-) on 001(AA) stock, economy class PRG-LHR, business (C class upgrade using SWU) on LHR-MIA leg.
There’s plenty of people, and include myself in that group, who must’ve thought “oh that can only happen during IRROPS!” (and a good agent, and some luck), but what if OP knows something we don’t?
oh well, a boy and a girl can dream!
palmanfr likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 2:24 am

Can you get a stop-over in JFK on this fare?
I've tried pricing it on ITA and it doesn't seem to like that.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 2:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by JimmyTheJock
Can you get a stop-over in JFK on this fare?
I've tried pricing it on ITA and it doesn't seem to like that.
No US stop overs possible on this fare without paying $$$
Markie likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by E14 26C
No US stop overs possible on this fare without paying $$$
Yes...I was just about to edit my post to say that I'd missed that earlier upthread.

Thought about nesting it with the JFK-SYD and back was interesting me.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 11:01 am

I would need some help ... I got my itinerary set up in Matrix, it was correctly transferred to AA through Powertools, I filled in all details but the process errored out on the last stage (says there was a problem confirming my flights ...). Anyone else had the same problem and managed to resolving it? or suggestions for alternative ways of booking? Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.