Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Bus- KTM-EWR $1100.00 one way combo KE/AA Dec-April

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bus- KTM-EWR $1100.00 one way combo KE/AA Dec-April

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by stephem
I cannot get any of the routings through HKG to work. FYI, KTM-LAX will price out at $1292 butonly through DFW.
I was able to find the fare on CX via HKG, select dates in late 2022, early 2023

Old Aug 5, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by fangtl
I was able to find the fare on CX via HKG, select dates in late 2022, early 2023
That is a CX fare, much higher, and on CX metal. I was talking about the fact that historically you could use AA metal from HKG-LAX or HKG-DFW and that since these were 77Ws with an F cabin you could get up into F easily on the R class and above fares. So for roughly $1200 US + miles/swu each, our family of 5 flew AA F. Not a great F product and whatever better product it was over AA business was negated by the horrible short overnight on CX from KTM-HKG in a regional recliner.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stephem
That is a CX fare, much higher, and on CX metal. I was talking about the fact that historically you could use AA metal from HKG-LAX or HKG-DFW and that since these were 77Ws with an F cabin you could get up into F easily on the R class and above fares. So for roughly $1200 US + miles/swu each, our family of 5 flew AA F. Not a great F product and whatever better product it was over AA business was negated by the horrible short overnight on CX from KTM-HKG in a regional recliner.
It is on CX all the way, but it's not much higher. 314k nepali rupees is 2450 USD roundtrip, which is in line with the one way fares x2.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
2400-ish with CX, seems KTM-HKG is only a few times a week...
Google Flights
Old Aug 11, 2022, 5:52 am

What's International transit through HKG like these days? Is the entry to the city allowed?
Old Aug 11, 2022, 3:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by MaxVO
What's International transit through HKG like these days? Is the entry to the city allowed?
You can transit between flights on the same ticket (and hope they don't cancel a flight), no entry into HKG probably till 2023 at least (unless you a resident and spend some time in quarantine) HKG will never be like old HKG....
MaxVO likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze
... hope they don't cancel a flight
What's the worst case for a non-resident (American) if the departing flight is cancelled or delayed by a day? Are there airside hotels available?

Originally Posted by jfkeze
... HKG will never be like old HKG
That's very unfortunate, but true.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 11:22 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by MaxVO
What's the worst case for a non-resident (American) if the departing flight is cancelled or delayed by a day? Are there airside hotels available?

That's very unfortunate, but true.
I'm not sure the what happens. There is no airside hotel, and entry into the city is strict. You have to undergo pcr testing and 3 days hotel quarantine. While not ideal, the cx lounge isn't the worst place to be stuck.
MaxVO likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.