Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Bus- KTM-EWR $1100.00 one way combo KE/AA Dec-April

Bus- KTM-EWR $1100.00 one way combo KE/AA Dec-April

Old Aug 1, 22, 5:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint View Post
Hmm, I can't even seem to get KTM-ICN-DFW-LAX-JFK even though it would just be 13000
I believe someone up thread mentioned that the fare rules excluded 321s or similar language which prevented TCons
Old Aug 1, 22, 5:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM SM aka dirt; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ gold, TK Elite
Hmm, I can't even seem to get KTM-ICN-DFW-LAX-JFK even though it would just be 13000
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
I believe someone up thread mentioned that the fare rules excluded 321s or similar language which prevented TCons
Yes, the fare rules do say no sharklets (i.e. 321T).
IF THE FARE COMPONENT INCLUDES TRAVEL BETWEEN LAX AND
NYC
THEN THAT TRAVEL MUST BE ON
ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
ANY AA FLIGHT OPERATED BY AA
BUT NOT ON AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A321 SHARKLETS.
Old Aug 1, 22, 7:25 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA Gold, AC 75k, Hyatt/Hilton/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Oh I missed that, thanks. Seems like a weird exclusion. Is that something common?
Old Aug 1, 22, 7:30 pm

Oh I missed that, thanks. Seems like a weird exclusion. Is that something common?
Yes, both AA and DL have been doing it for years on low end fares. The YVR-BDA and other cheap Caribbean flights from YVR tend to include that flight restriction too. Interestingly I dont recall seeing it as much on ex-EU fares.
Old Aug 1, 22, 7:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM SM aka dirt; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ gold, TK Elite
It is a bit random. It is usually not that common on fares crossing the Atlantic but appears quite a bit on Central American fares.
I am surprised to see it on a trans-pacific fare, though.
Old Aug 2, 22, 9:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Has anyone been successful in using a Oneworld airline such as CX or MH out of KTM, instead of KE for better BAEC earnings?
Old Aug 2, 22, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by ubiest View Post
Has anyone been successful in using a Oneworld airline such as CX or MH out of KTM, instead of KE for better BAEC earnings?
Did you read Post 20 upthread?
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Aug 2, 22, 1:38 pm

I cannot get any of the routings through HKG to work. FYI, KTM-LAX will price out at $1292 butonly through DFW.
Old Aug 2, 22, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO View Post
Did you read Post 20 upthread?
yes, what sort of transcendent wisdom should I distill from that post about non-KE routings?
Old Aug 2, 22, 3:17 pm

Another option for a Round Trip. All segments on SQ in Business Lite (Class D) with the polar flights SIN<->JFK on A350
Old Aug 2, 22, 3:23 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA Gold, AC 75k, Hyatt/Hilton/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
yes, what sort of transcendent wisdom should I distill from that post about non-KE routings?
They have significantly higher YQ. CX will turn it into 2.5k rt. Quite the premium for the small earnings uplift. QR at 2.8k.
Old Aug 2, 22, 3:37 pm

They have significantly higher YQ. CX will turn it into 2.5k rt. Quite the premium for the small earnings uplift. QR at 2.8k.
Thank you, I am aware of the QR/CX fares (and am even tempted by the SQ BKK-JFK); however, I am concentrated on the AA INX3Y3N3 fare that is the main subject of this thread, since it is a lot better deal. As I read in the fare rules only AA and JL metal are allowed on TPAC. AA only flies TPAC to SEL and TYO, and of course JL only flies TPAC from TYO. Therefore, the "magic bullet" would be achieving something like what nufnuf77 found on the NYC-JKT fare - more than one transfer in Area 3, whereby this fare could be routed KTM-HKG-TYO, or KTM-KUL-TYO.
For a BAEC flyer, zero credit on the KE leg is an important drawback of the fare, despite the cool stuff doable with 3 transfers in Area 1.
Old Aug 2, 22, 4:38 pm

Thank you, I am aware of the QR/CX fares (and am even tempted by the SQ BKK-JFK); however, I am concentrated on the AA INX3Y3N3 fare that is the main subject of this thread, since it is a lot better deal. As I read in the fare rules only AA and JL metal are allowed on TPAC. AA only flies TPAC to SEL and TYO, and of course JL only flies TPAC from TYO. Therefore, the "magic bullet" would be achieving something like what nufnuf77 found on the NYC-JKT fare - more than one transfer in Area 3, whereby this fare could be routed KTM-HKG-TYO, or KTM-KUL-TYO.
For a BAEC flyer, zero credit on the KE leg is an important drawback of the fare, despite the cool stuff doable with 3 transfers in Area 1.
Previous iterations of the fare, or maybe just the R version of it, I cannot recall, used to let you fly KTM-HKG (on a crappy regional KA/CX plane) and then HKG-LAX on the AA 77W. I cannot get those to work now.
Old Aug 4, 22, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA "mid tier" elite | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stephem View Post
Previous iterations of the fare, or maybe just the R version of it, I cannot recall, used to let you fly KTM-HKG (on a crappy regional KA/CX plane) and then HKG-LAX on the AA 77W. I cannot get those to work now.
There were also fares on CX all the way. I did KTM-HKG-SFO in late 2019 for around $1000
Old Aug 4, 22, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Was this the same fare that you could do DEL-KUL-NRT-USA on a few years back?

Search this Thread