Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: ATL to CAI from $2186

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2022, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Qatar is having a decent sale from Atlanta to Cairo via their Hub in Doha. These include lounge access on the outbound/inbound, there seems to be a forced stopover to obtain this lower rate. These book into P for long-haul and A class for the Doha to Cairo segments.

If I haven't made a mistaken, since P fares seem to earn more than before with American Airlines Executive Platinum flyers would obtain 46026 LPs, Platinum Pro 39034 LPs, Platinum 35538 LPs, Gold 32042 LPs, Base Members 25050 LPs
Book Flights Here!

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page. Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals
NJSwamplands, infmedic and nk15 like this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Thanks OP
Old Jul 21, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Does P come with Al Mourjan access? The A on the outbound DOH-CAI would give Al Safwa access, but not on the return as CAI-DOH is too short under QR's rules for lounge access under incoming flight. Unless the rules have been changed again recently.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
Does P come with Al Mourjan access? The A on the outbound DOH-CAI would give Al Safwa access, but not on the return as CAI-DOH is too short under QR's rules for lounge access under incoming flight. Unless the rules have been changed again recently.
From what I've read on here, if you book P for the long haul bit that also means no lounge access for the A bit.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Do OW Emerald members in P get access to AM lounge?
Old Jul 21, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Do OW Emerald members in P get access to AM lounge?
Not anymore. You would get access to the Platinum Lounge.

HIA Platinum, Gold and Silver Lounges Now Open
Old Jul 21, 2022, 2:06 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Rough return itinerary with 26h in Doha. But overall good deal.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Schwann
Not anymore. You would get access to the Platinum Lounge.

HIA Platinum, Gold and Silver Lounges Now Open
Sigh, what a shame.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
Originally Posted by Schwann
From what I've read on here, if you book P for the long haul bit that also means no lounge access for the A bit.
Starting from last October, there have been many reports of short-haul First Class routes (such as CAI) also getting Al Safwa access on arrival at DOH. However, if P on the long-haul completely negates lounge access, then that's a moot point.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 5:01 pm

I believe you can add about $200 each way to upfare to R, which will get you lounge access and also earn more miles. For example, P credits 70% RDM to AS and R credits 225% RDM to AS, so the extra miles (depending on how you value them) might very well compensate the extra cost.
jfkeze and tobikosan like this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 7:37 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
I wanna make sure folks know that ATL route on QR is currently served by non-Qsuites in J. It's the old lie flat business class. There's a chance this trend continues in the new year
Cryofern likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 8:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyjfk
I wanna make sure folks know that ATL route on QR is currently served by non-Qsuites in J. It's the old lie flat business class. There's a chance this trend continues in the new year
While there is always the chance of an aircraft swap, I am currently in QSuitrs DOH-ATL in early February.

James
Old Jul 21, 2022, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
ATL-CAI for 2.1-2.2k/round trip is not unusual and QR is simply matching those fares. They main attraction here is a long routing through DOH with credit to other OW carriers. Also, I do find food offering in Al Mourjan to be nothing to rave about while drinks are fine.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by Alex_I
ATL-CAI for 2.1-2.2k/round trip is not unusual and QR is simply matching those fares. They main attraction here is a long routing through DOH with credit to other OW carriers. Also, I do find food offering in Al Mourjan to be nothing to rave about while drinks are fine.
My biggest shock was that steaks are all well done.
SullyofDoha likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 3:28 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
It's available from other cities as well.. not just ATL...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.