Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA:JL:QF spin off JFK LAX TYO SYD CGK £2550 business

[PREM FARE GONE] AA:JL:QF spin off JFK LAX TYO SYD CGK £2550 business

Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by jaloola
Out of curiosity, are there viable opportunities on this fare or similar fares for those who credit to AA/UA due to LPs/PQPs?
What, buying 250 bonsai trees isn't good enough for you?
lsquare, jaloola and Quail like this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
Bookable example of one of the "fun" *A routings:

gcmap

I haven't seen any bookable examples with the TPE-CGK routings (had issues finding D space on that leg).
Old Jul 31, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA PRO, AS 100K
Originally Posted by dvs7310
Yes, because the QF segments are booked in C, this is still excellent for AA credit. Much better than booking the shorter route on JL as an I fare.
Would you not earn more LPs overall on a bulk/consolidator fare or vacation package despite a more direct routing? AA JFK-LAX-HND-CGK in R earns 100% base miles + 50% cabin bonus.

Considering QF HND-SYD-CGK in C/D/I earns 100% base miles + 25% cabin bonus, the base fare and carrier-imposed fees allocated to AA JFK-LAX-HND in R would have to be significantly more than QF HND-SYD-CGK in C despite a similar distance.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Quail
I haven't seen any bookable examples with the TPE-CGK routings (had issues finding D space on that leg).
SIN-ICN-CGK is better anyway
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:07 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti

gcmap

What does this price out at?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 9:06 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
What does this price out at?
The published fare prices out at ~3200
Old Jul 31, 2022, 9:43 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by findark
SIN-ICN-CGK is better anyway
Haha, he was informed of this later on! Getting to SIN from SFO is proving to be an issue
Old Jul 31, 2022, 10:32 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
Haha, he was informed of this later on! Getting to SIN from SFO is proving to be an issue
Yup - i see no P class on SFO-SIN. The ANA option via NRT is only one showing availability for me.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 5:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by jaloola
Would you not earn more LPs overall on a bulk/consolidator fare or vacation package despite a more direct routing? AA JFK-LAX-HND-CGK in R earns 100% base miles + 50% cabin bonus.

Considering QF HND-SYD-CGK in C/D/I earns 100% base miles + 25% cabin bonus, the base fare and carrier-imposed fees allocated to AA JFK-LAX-HND in R would have to be significantly more than QF HND-SYD-CGK in C despite a similar distance.
Holy cow, I didn't notice that QF C dips to 100% + 25% on non-North American routes. OK, that completely blows that out of the water. I'd have to recalculate now but think the more direct route in JL I is better.

If you can find a way to get a bulk fare, sure it would be great, but CGK isn't included in AA Vacations (I checked of course). And if you have a way to get that as a bulk fare, please do share as I'd be interested.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by dvs7310
Holy cow, I didn't notice that QF C dips to 100% + 25% on non-North American routes. OK, that completely blows that out of the water. I'd have to recalculate now but think the more direct route in JL I is better. <br /><br />If you can find a way to get a bulk fare, sure it would be great, but CGK isn't included in AA Vacations (I checked of course). And if you have a way to get that as a bulk fare, please do share as I'd be interested.
IT is, but it takes some playing around as I did it back in June. Enter BKK in the search and once the results come up, edit to CGK and it will come up. We booked 3nts (used 2nts) before flying onto Bali. A good way to get over any jetlag given the arrival time into CGK. We didn't get to the hotel until 2.00am.
dvs7310 and jaloola like this.

Last edited by aussieindc; Aug 1, 2022 at 5:59 am Reason: Response
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
CGK is included in AA Vacations. You need to first search for a trip to another city (HAN for example) and then, when the results come up, modify the search to CGK.
dvs7310 and jaloola like this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
If this is available for Matrix can you advise how to complete to see mileage credits as well as play with dates and other options?

gcmap

Old Aug 1, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by zebranz
If this is available for Matrix can you advise how to complete to see mileage credits as well as play with dates and other options?
The quickest would be to open the GC map link posted under the screenshot

Then put the mileage into excel and find what your program calculates status miles at for each airline being used on each leg. You can see the airline right after the leg number (eg 1 UA = leg 1 on United). If it says "Operated by" on the line below, then it is on that airline, not the one in the flight number. You can see the fare booking code after the flight number (eg 1 UA1431P = fare bucket P, 6 OZ752Z = fare bucket Z on Asiana, etc)

There is incredibly limited availability on this exact route (unless you are good with much longer stopovers) as finding both P fares to/from Hawaii on same dates as P fares to/from Asia is quite tough atm

To put this onto matrix, you would need to do a multi-city search and break it up at a few key points (SFO, ICN, CGK) other combos will work too, but its hard to finesse this as presumably this is one of the much tougher lookups for ITA Matrix
Old Aug 1, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
The quickest would be to open the GC map link posted under the screenshot

Then put the mileage into excel and find what your program calculates status miles at for each airline being used on each leg. You can see the airline right after the leg number (eg 1 UA = leg 1 on United). If it says "Operated by" on the line below, then it is on that airline, not the one in the flight number. You can see the fare booking code after the flight number (eg 1 UA1431P = fare bucket P, 6 OZ752Z = fare bucket Z on Asiana, etc)

There is incredibly limited availability on this exact route (unless you are good with much longer stopovers) as finding both P fares to/from Hawaii on same dates as P fares to/from Asia is quite tough atm

To put this onto matrix, you would need to do a multi-city search and break it up at a few key points (SFO, ICN, CGK) other combos will work too, but its hard to finesse this as presumably this is one of the much tougher lookups for ITA Matrix
Thanks- yes, having fun with Matrix SIN worked out easy with SQ on D class but as you said Hawaii has been a bummer. As to mileage was more thinking of each option but excel with GCM might be just as fast. Will try using EF to find Hawaii first and try to work around.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Yeah, I have been quite disappointed in Matrix computation ability when playing with this fare - I am wondering if Google trimmed some backend timeouts when they pushed the new UI (it feels to me like the routing specification is being applied as a postfilter on a full-search query that times out).

I'm curious where the true GDS and airline systems die or break when marrying inventory to price this. Matrix will insert breaks however you search multi-city, which willnot necessarily be honored by the marketing carrier, but on the other hand I struggle to believe the real computer can actually meaningfully marry your EWR-LAX-LIH-SFO-NRT-SIN-ICN-CGK as a single component. UA and Asian *A carriers aren't particular bad about married inventory anyway, so it might just be moot. I have not bothered trying to find inventory for this one, just because it seems like it would be hard (and reports here confirm).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.