Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA:JL:QF spin off JFK LAX TYO SYD CGK £2550 business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AA:JL:QF spin off JFK LAX TYO SYD CGK £2550 business

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2022, 3:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
it’s a complicated one but:
the routing on direct JL omits LAX - however Lax allows 2000additional mileage bonus (part of routing rules) this routing JFK TYO SYD CGK is just too long! The only way to do it with Syd is via lax, and that’s only doable on AA fare which doesn’t allow JL prime numbers from my reading of rules
OK, that makes perfect sense then actually. I misunderstood that is additional mileage and thought it was a deduction from the allowed MPM.

Did mileage calculations for AAdvantage credit (as an EXP), this even with the AA codes is actually still a lot better than using JL codes because of those QF segments. Who knows who much of the $$ AA will allocate for JFK-LAX-HND and v.v., but I calculated it just for testing at $500 each way, if it's lower then not a huge deal, the QF segments alone add up to a little more than JL I fares with cabin and elite bonuses.

You can also book it on the non-stops from JFK-HND and v.v. on AA8402 and AA8403 for about $50-100 more, presumably that's the 2,000 mile bonus getting taken back out. I'm also quite pleased the stopover in Tokyo is indeed only adding $100, I feared it may not since AA rules say no HIP exceptions apply.

$3k certainly isn't cheap but this adds up to quite a lot of AA LPs all in one shot if you actually want to fly. Otherwise Magazines.com is a lot better bang for the buck, LOL
nufnuf77 likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 4:59 am

Programs: QF Gold
Can anyone get a stopover to work? It says it should work for $100. Would jump on this in a heartbeat if could visit family in Australia! It blows the fare out to 8000

Old Jul 21, 2022, 6:10 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Stopover is unfortunately specifically prohibited in Syd or Akl, but should work in other places
nk15 likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 6:10 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nancypants
Wonder if it works ex CGK for us QFers
no it does not unfortunately, most fares are unidirectional
Old Jul 21, 2022, 7:14 am

Programs: QF Gold
Stopover is unfortunately specifically prohibited in Syd or Akl, but should work in other places
Ah damm, didn't pick that one up
Old Jul 21, 2022, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by nancypants
Wonder if it works ex CGK for us QFers
no it does not unfortunately, most fares are unidirectional
There's nearly an identical fare CGK-JFK but I can't get it to work with SYD, just CGK-DOH-JFK and v.v.. It must be routed on QR and is noted as a transatlantic fare, prices at $2700 (US), I class fare.

Ever so slightly longer route than HND by a couple hundred miles. There's also a D fare for about $300 more if that earns a lot more miles for you.

You might get creative and route via another of QRs US gateways, I didn't try that. But pretty sure SYD doesn't work at all.

Last edited by dvs7310; Jul 21, 2022 at 10:07 am
Old Jul 21, 2022, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by dvs7310
You might get creative and route via another of QRs US gateways, I didn't try that. But pretty sure SYD doesn't work at all.
You need fare routings actually include something like CGK-SYD-DOH-JFK otherwise it won't work I suppose
Old Jul 21, 2022, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Anyone able to still get it to pull up on ITA? I keep getting zero results found... likely doing something wrong
Old Jul 21, 2022, 8:11 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
Originally Posted by Antarius
Anyone able to still get it to pull up on ITA? I keep getting zero results found... likely doing something wrong
Try starting by fixing all flight numbers (use the screenshot earlier in this thread until you get it to pull up). Then, swap for wildcard flights one at a time until you are happy with new flight numbers/dates that you can fix.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 8:29 am

Doesn't look like a LAX stopover is possible on this, yeah? Only Area 3?
Old Jul 21, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
Originally Posted by hur88
Doesn't look like a LAX stopover is possible on this, yeah? Only Area 3?
Correct, only at the area 3 gateway.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Quail
Try starting by fixing all flight numbers (use the screenshot earlier in this thread until you get it to pull up). Then, swap for wildcard flights one at a time until you are happy with new flight numbers/dates that you can fix.
Using only airline codes and connection points are also fine
Old Jul 21, 2022, 9:04 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Antarius
Split it multicity - JFK-TYO + TYO-CGK :: qf syd qf and same on back
y3d likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by SourSweetTea
You need fare routings actually include something like CGK-SYD-DOH-JFK otherwise it won't work I suppose
Possibly. You'll need to work through that if you're looking for the ex-CGK fare and any potential sweet spots.

For me the fare in that direction does nothing for me since it's either all AA codes or nearly all AA codes, it'd be ~25k miles / LPs, so I didn't search very hard. Having the QF codes on half the ticket the other direction does make sense for AA members, so that's where I invested time figuring it out.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
it’s a complicated one but:
the routing on direct JL omits LAX - however Lax allows 2000additional mileage bonus (part of routing rules) this routing JFK TYO SYD CGK is just too long! The only way to do it with Syd is via lax, and that’s only doable on AA fare which doesn’t allow JL prime numbers from my reading of rules
I think SYD is the problem with the JL rules, not LAX. I can get it to work JFK-LAX-HND-CGK on a JL ticket.

It looks like the JL route rules are very specific about where you can connect:
Code:
FOR TRAVEL ON/AFTER 13JAN20
3 TRANSFERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION IN YVR/
CONTIGUOUS U.S.A./PUERTO RICO/US VIRGIN ISLANDS/
MEXICO IN EACH DIRECTION
AND - 2 TRANSFERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION
IN JAPAN/INDONESIA IN EACH DIRECTION
FARE BREAK SURFACE SECTORS NOT PERMITTED AND
EMBEDDED SURFACE SECTORS PERMITTED ON THE FARE
COMPONENT.
I think otherwise JFK-HND-SYD-CGK would work under the JL MPM (125% of 12078 = 15097; JFK-HND-SYD-CGK squeaks in at 15038).

Last edited by dtremit; Jul 21, 2022 at 12:37 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.