Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA:JL:QF spin off JFK LAX TYO SYD CGK £2550 business

AA:JL:QF spin off JFK LAX TYO SYD CGK £2550 business

Old Nov 18, 22, 12:08 pm

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Originally Posted by fnuhenry View Post
Hi - I am trying to price this for March - April and not finding any luck - Is this still available.
Very limited C space on QF those months.
Old Nov 19, 22, 11:38 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, Bamboo First, AF Elite+, AV Diamond, A3 G
Originally Posted by Jorma View Post
Very limited C space on QF those months.
MADE even worse by married segments - even if you find C on HND-SYD if you try add SYD-CGK it wont let you... frustrating to say the least
Old Nov 21, 22, 10:54 am

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by aussieindc View Post
Try taking a look at AAVacations and book a throw away 3 night hotel stay (if time permits). That way, you can get the AA Special fare and earn on the mileage, not the spend. **Please note AAVacations does not like CGK as a destination. Firstly enter SIN, then edit for CGK to make it work**
Thanks for the tip, but I want to book a stop over in tokyo on the way out. I can't figure out how to do that with aavacaations, ie to break up some of the segments....
If this find the fare and then call aavacations?
Old Nov 22, 22, 7:37 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
I managed to book in May (via American, not AAVacations) and there's decent availability. I needed to do this as fast as possible but routed JFK-LAX-SEA-NRT-CGK-SYD-NRT-LAX-JFK. Sydney was well open - for what it's worth, i was getting my segments wrong in Matrix and not triggering them on AA. Availability opened up once i got that sorted.
Old Nov 22, 22, 8:00 am

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by rrrrrich View Post
I managed to book in May (via American, not AAVacations) and there's decent availability. I needed to do this as fast as possible but routed JFK-LAX-SEA-NRT-CGK-SYD-NRT-LAX-JFK. Sydney was well open - for what it's worth, i was getting my segments wrong in Matrix and not triggering them on AA. Availability opened up once i got that sorted.
Why such a long crazy routing? that is a lot of time on planes. any stopovers?
Old Nov 22, 22, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by L.C.Why View Post
You can also add in DFW as an extra stop (i.e. JFK-DFW-LAX-HND-SYD-CGK v.v.) but as a BA Frequent Flyer, that's no benefit as i'd earn more TPs going JFK-LAX on a transcontinental service.

For $5 more you can also add DCA (i.e. JFK-DCA-LAX-HND-SYD-CGK v.v.) which does add an extra 40TPs each way, but moves you into recliners instead of lay flat on the US transcon.

Matrix Link for those struggling.
how do you deeplink matrix?
Old Nov 22, 22, 11:04 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
Originally Posted by tfizzle View Post
Just want to max TP for BA gold and I am very time limited. Get to see family in Australia for a few hours tho and friends in LA so it works out ok for me.
Jorma, GW McLintock and markmho like this.
Old Nov 22, 22, 7:32 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by tfizzle View Post
Are you new here? This whole thread is about a crazy routing and so most threads in this forum.
And, they left a lot of the table on the outbound; could have routed JFK-LAX-BOS-NRT-CGK.
HarbourGent likes this.
Old Nov 26, 22, 9:27 am

Programs: AS G100K, UA MM, DL MM
Originally Posted by rrrrrich View Post
Did you book this recently? Looking to replicate the trip but uncertain if its still possible. TIA

Sorry, just reread your post and saw you booked in May.

Last edited by bobblevins; Nov 26, 22 at 9:28 am Reason: operator error
Old Nov 27, 22, 12:08 am

I used the JFK/NRT/CKG routing to make an SE Asia trip. On the return I'll be arriving in CGK on a separate, non-oneworld international flight ~8 hours before the JL departure from CGK. If I only carry on bags would I be able to stay airside in CGK and check-in for AA8498/JL726 at the gate? Or is there a complication (passport check, CDC document for US entry, AA codeshare, etc) that would force me to enter Indonesia to check in at the desk? I'd like to avoid purchasing an entry visa as well as lots of downtime at check-in waiting for the desk to open.
Old Nov 27, 22, 4:31 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Originally Posted by bobblevins View Post
Did you book this recently? Looking to replicate the trip but uncertain if its still possible. TIA
Easily doable still in May (and later). Before May only few days with availability if you want to do SYD.
Old Nov 27, 22, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
So I am planning a trip that requires me to go USA-ANYWHERE-SYDNEY for New Year Eve-MELBOURNE-BALI-MELBOURNE-USA... leaving in December anytime and returning mid-March, the Bali portion towards end of February. Does anyone who is an expert at the fare rules think I can work some of this deal into my goings, even if not all of it? I tried a search combining with economy outbound business return since December is too soon/not really part of the deal but failed... but definitely curious if something can be worked in. I can be flexible.
Old Nov 28, 22, 3:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali View Post
So I am planning a trip that requires me to go USA-ANYWHERE-SYDNEY for New Year Eve-MELBOURNE-BALI-MELBOURNE-USA... leaving in December anytime and returning mid-March, the Bali portion towards end of February. Does anyone who is an expert at the fare rules think I can work some of this deal into my goings, even if not all of it? I tried a search combining with economy outbound business return since December is too soon/not really part of the deal but failed... but definitely curious if something can be worked in. I can be flexible.
This fare doesn't allow stopovers in Australia, so that's a non-starter already. Even if it did, I don't think you'll find C availability anymore during busy times, there are only 28 seats per flight since QF is still running the A330s to Tokyo, this far ate up a lot of inventory plus the increased organic demand surrounding the holidays. I can't find the original fare right now, but think it also had a pretty hefty advance purchase requirement on it.

I think you're going to struggle to get anything decent into Australia in business class at this point for December, where you might get lucky is if you can get to Asia on your own and use MH, they have been running a few decent fares but they don't fly to the US. I'd start with Google Flights and look at cities that are open for non-quarantine arrival and see what you come up with.
Old Nov 29, 22, 11:47 am

Programs: AA Exp, United Silver, Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by tdmuw View Post
I used the JFK/NRT/CKG routing to make an SE Asia trip. On the return I'll be arriving in CGK on a separate, non-oneworld international flight ~8 hours before the JL departure from CGK. If I only carry on bags would I be able to stay airside in CGK and check-in for AA8498/JL726 at the gate? Or is there a complication (passport check, CDC document for US entry, AA codeshare, etc) that would force me to enter Indonesia to check in at the desk? I'd like to avoid purchasing an entry visa as well as lots of downtime at check-in waiting for the desk to open.
I am struggling to get this priced correctly and even find availability. Can you share dates/matrix link of possible ?
Old Nov 29, 22, 11:53 am

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by tdmuw View Post
If you don't have checked bags I think you should be able to stay airside and check in via the app? I just returned from a similar trip(went to Singapore from CGK) but I had checked bags. I needed to purchase the Visa twice(inbound and outbound) since it is single entry.

Search this Thread