Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA:JL:QF spin off JFK LAX TYO SYD CGK £2550 business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AA:JL:QF spin off JFK LAX TYO SYD CGK £2550 business

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2022, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Bleuprince16
where did you get this from ? ExpertFlyer (subscription)?
Yes.

so my matrix input is correct, just those QF legs ran out of C Class on those dates and the AA transpacific ran out of R class on those dates... will try other dates.
Don't have paid EF. Newbie. Just started learning, experimenting and fooling around for fun. Started using Matrix about 2 weeks ago.
I strongly recommend first searching Matrix with inventory validation turned off so that you can figure out what is a valid routing and price. Then you can turn inventory back on if you want to find something that is bookable.

So how did nufnuf77 calculated the MAXIMUM PERMITTED MILEAGE? is it from matrix ? or from another website ? thanks
EF is an easy source; the routing rules for mileage fares just show the mileage:

Code:
    V FARE BASIS     BK    FARE   TRAVEL-TICKET AP  MINMAX  RTG
  1   RLE08MN2       R‡R  2250.00     ----      -/3 ‡‡/12M PA01
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT                 AUTO PRICE-YES              
FROM-NYC TO-JKT    CXR-AA    TVL-22SEP22  RULE-P102 IPRP/3
FARE BASIS-RLE08MN2          SPECIAL FARE  DIS-E   VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BX      RT-BUSINESS CLASS EXCURSION
USD  2250.00   MPM  E10AUG22 D-INFINITY   FC-RLE08MN2  FN-     
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 09AUG22/1714  EXPIRES INFINITY

PUBLISHED RTG NYC-JKT/AA      EF-10AUG22 DIS-INDEF

/VIA THE PACIFIC/ MPM 12078
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES BETWEEN ORIGIN AND DESTINATION
 MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES ORIGIN TO DESTINATION
       TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 800 MILES APPLIES
       WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA HNL
       TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 2000 MILES APPLIES
       WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA DFW OR LAX
pmarrsouth and Quail like this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
Originally Posted by 1k650
How many LPs do you get for this?
I estimated it should be 20,720 miles times 245% (125% for I fares on JL including 25% cabin bonus, and 120% for Exec Plat status mileage bonus) which is 50,764 LP.
If others think otherwise, I'd appreciate you correcting this.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by RDUflyer2
I estimated it should be 20,720 miles times 245% (125% for I fares on JL including 25% cabin bonus, and 120% for Exec Plat status mileage bonus) which is 50,764 LP.
If others think otherwise, I'd appreciate you correcting this.
The fare is good and 4.3 cpm is not bad, assuming you want to take the trip....Otherwise it is almost double the cpm you will get from hotels.

You do also get the 4 segments, if you need them, so that counts for something, too.

Last edited by nk15; Sep 22, 2022 at 2:54 pm
Old Sep 22, 2022, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
Originally Posted by nk15
The fare is good and 4.3 cpm is not bad, assuming you want to take the trip....Otherwise it is almost double the cpm you will get from hotels.

You do also get the 4 segments, if you need them, so that counts for something, too.
Thanks for your comments. Yes I do want to do the trip for the Japan part. So I will spend several days in Japan and only one night in Jakarta. Was not up for the full trip that this thread is about so this is a simplified version intended to make use of the relatively cheap I class fare and get LPs.
nk15 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 8:24 pm

I am just curious, I highly doubt it can be done.... instead of going to Australia, can the flight be re-routed to India for the same price? JAL flys to India. MH flys to India
Something like this old JL fare (expired but in reverse) JL: DEL - USA return J starting from $2249

Originally Posted by mh3265a
Looks like it's only for India to US flights. US to India is slightly higher at $2,900 from WAS
Old Sep 23, 2022, 4:47 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
...instead of going to Australia, can the flight be re-routed to India for the same price?
this:

Originally Posted by findark
I strongly recommend first searching Matrix with inventory validation turned off so that you can figure out what is a valid routing and price. Then you can turn inventory back on if you want to find something that is bookable.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
this:
sorry if this is a silly question. What does it mean to turn off inventory validation? findark pmarrsouth :0
does it mean unchecked this box "Only show flights and prices with available seats" ? never did this before
pmarrsouth likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
does it mean unchecked this box "Only show flights and prices with available seats" ? never did this before
Yes.

Not entirely sure how you would route via India - how do you get to CGK from India on OW without racking up a ton of distance? ed. maybe -KUL-CGK as suggested? I'll try it. Doesn't price for me but I didn't try that hard.

Last edited by findark; Sep 23, 2022 at 9:24 am
Old Sep 24, 2022, 2:52 pm

The SYD routing seems to be dead. Just checked today and the same itinerary with same fare prices to $7000+. When I looked more closely, there’s now a line “no transfer allowed in SYD/AKL” added to the text.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 3:02 pm

sorry if this is a silly question. What does it mean to turn off inventory validation? findark pmarrsouth :0
I think the shortest routing JFK-TYO-BLR-KUL-CGK is still over the MPM. Then if you add LAX to take advantage of the 2000 mile deduction, you’re over the 3 transfer limit.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 5:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
Originally Posted by ezak
The SYD routing seems to be dead. Just checked today and the same itinerary with same fare prices to $7000+. When I looked more closely, there’s now a line “no transfer allowed in SYD/AKL” added to the text.
It still works. That's how it has always been worded. See post #51
Old Sep 25, 2022, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by Quail
It still works. That's how it has always been worded. See post #51

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I missed that line earlier and thought it's new. But then what caused this price? It's still in C for the QF flights and R for the AA flights. When I tried removing SYD as the connection point, a CGK-KUL-TYO-LAX-JFK routing returns the normal price.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 7:53 am

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I missed that line earlier and thought it's new. But then what caused this price? It's still in C for the QF flights and R for the AA flights. When I tried removing SYD as the connection point, a CGK-KUL-TYO-LAX-JFK routing returns the normal price.
A stopover (HIP check), per the fare construction. This is also discussed earlier in the thread (see post #66).

Last edited by Quail; Sep 25, 2022 at 8:01 am
Old Sep 25, 2022, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You have a stopover in TYO and are getting HIP checked for it.

Only the JL fare exempts Japan from HIP checks (but does not permit transfer in SYD).
Old Sep 25, 2022, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by findark
You have a stopover in TYO and are getting HIP checked for it.

Only the JL fare exempts Japan from HIP checks.
Kinda. I have booked lots of the AA one with stopovers in TYO and no HIP check was enforced when autopricing. Yet sometimes it is. I still don't understand why yet. Maybe I should spend a few minutes and go look for a pattern...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.