Mileage Run Deals

Premium Fare Deals

AA:JL:QF spin off JFK LAX TYO SYD CGK £2550 business

AA:JL:QF spin off JFK LAX TYO SYD CGK £2550 business

Old Sep 14, 22, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Kris_Chari View Post
If you paste the ITA itinerary into bookwithmatrix.com, it might let you book on AA's website.

Flying from Boston to New York via LA?
Old Sep 14, 22, 2:57 am

Programs: QR Plat (OWE), FB Silver (ST Elite), HH GL, Bonvoy GL, Radisson GL, Amex Plat
Loading the itinerary on AA's Germany site shows <3000EUR prices, potentially saving 100 USD.
Old Sep 14, 22, 10:03 am

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Possibly exchange rate fluctuations between sites/days, it fluctuates quite a bit the last couple of days...
Kris_Chari likes this.
Old Sep 14, 22, 10:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by nufnuf77 View Post
You'd be surprised how busy TYO-SYD is - i see some days with just J left!
Honestly not sure what drives that aside from lack of capacity still. There are lots of days Business is sold out completely on both JL and NH, while economy is relatively wide open.

A lot of my friends here in Tokyo are Aussie and are getting sick of the ridiculous prices back to Oz, even just for economy. One said he priced business for his upcoming flight and was around $6k per person, that was planned in advance, not last minute. Meanwhile we regularly see $2-3,000 round trip from the US to Europe and parts of Asia or even less for Europe to North America or some parts of Asia. Severe lack of capacity to/from Australia is really kicking people in the teeth for the time being.
Old Sep 14, 22, 10:51 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, Bamboo First, AF Elite+, AV Diamond, A3 G
Originally Posted by dvs7310 View Post
Honestly not sure what drives that aside from lack of capacity still. There are lots of days Business is sold out completely on both JL and NH, while economy is relatively wide open.

A lot of my friends here in Tokyo are Aussie and are getting sick of the ridiculous prices back to Oz, even just for economy. One said he priced business for his upcoming flight and was around $6k per person, that was planned in advance, not last minute. Meanwhile we regularly see $2-3,000 round trip from the US to Europe and parts of Asia or even less for Europe to North America or some parts of Asia. Severe lack of capacity to/from Australia is really kicking people in the teeth for the time being.
Yeah i am surprised to an extent - but the fact there is usually once daily service doesn't help. Eg plenty of space on SIN-SYD which gets 3/4 SQ and 2 QF services daily...
Old Sep 14, 22, 1:14 pm

Question: I was trying to build an itinerary that departs in February, but it always prices to $7000+. I'm sure my search parameters are correct because when I change the date to March (such as the screenshot above) it works. Under the $7000+ price, outbound flights on AA and QF are all in J, but when I checked on EF, R and C are both available, respectively. What's the reason for this? Is there a date restriction, or did I overlook something? Thanks!
Old Sep 14, 22, 5:35 pm

Just completed jfk-lax-bos-nrt-Cgk-nrt-bos-lax-jfk booked by nufnuf77. With AA status was able to upgrade to First on 3/4 transcons and had access to the first class lounge in Nrt. JAL biz cabins were 1/3 full on transpacific flights. Highly recommend. Now that UA has matched the fare, can’t wait until I book the next one.
Old Sep 14, 22, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA,BA
Originally Posted by urofan View Post
Just completed jfk-lax-bos-nrt-Cgk-nrt-bos-lax-jfk booked by nufnuf77. With AA status was able to upgrade to First on 3/4 transcons and had access to the first class lounge in Nrt. JAL biz cabins were 1/3 full on transpacific flights. Highly recommend. Now that UA has matched the fare, canít wait until I book the next one.
If you donít mind sharing, how much was this? Thinking of a birthday trip in the skies this coming winter.
Old Sep 14, 22, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Globalist
Originally Posted by IncaTrails View Post
If you donít mind sharing, how much was this?
Right around $3k. Mine priced out to a few bucks less than the $3050 in the image above.
Old Sep 14, 22, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Globalist
Originally Posted by urofan View Post
JWith AA status was able to upgrade to First on 3/4 transcons
Did you use SWUs for those or just the complementary upgrades?
Old Sep 15, 22, 12:27 am

I used SWU’s. From what I’ve read, and anyone, please correct me if I’m wrong, complimentary upgrades from j to f on Aa transcons are rare if at all.
Old Sep 15, 22, 12:29 am

The fare was right around $3,000.
Old Sep 15, 22, 2:04 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, Bamboo First, AF Elite+, AV Diamond, A3 G
FYI guys we now have a small FLYING DO happening with several members flying on:
JFK-LAX-HND (20 APR)
HND-SYD (21APR)
SYD-CGK (22APR)
CGK-NRT-BOS-LAX (23 APR)
LAX-JFK(24APR)
Comes to 3000usd and is still available for the brave who want to join for what will be 65 hours in air and 12 hours in Jakarta :-)

If you wanna be booked on this feel free to ping me and I will add you to the crazy group and get you sorted with the right flights etc...
tobikosan and GW McLintock like this.
Old Sep 15, 22, 6:36 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
Originally Posted by dvs7310 View Post
I can't decide if I am being ridiculous in thinking this, but I think this fare is having a nonzero effect for the QF flight.
I've booked about 50 of them for people looking for discounts. Many in Nov, and I assume a significant amount have been booked through other channels. There is only one QF flight that we are talking about so these numbers add up.
Back in Jul you could basically pick any date and C was extremely easy to find, including within a few weeks and including Nov. Now whole months are difficult.
I know this is just correlation but December, which is not allowed by this fare for departure, still has C wide open.
Then again Nov has a fair amount of J0 so it's definitely more than just this fare.
Old Sep 15, 22, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VS Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Been monitoring this thread for a while. Sounds like Japan is will open by end of October so booked JFK-NRT-CGK-NRT-LAX-JFK for nov/dec. 8 days in Tokyo on the return for $2200 using IAP. Nets 700 TPs to get me back to Ba Gold.
tobikosan likes this.

Search this Thread