Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Icelandair Saga Class: USA to Europe from $779

Icelandair Saga Class: USA to Europe from $779

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 30, 22, 10:40 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rrgg
Wiki Link
FAQ: Does Icelandair offer lie flat seats? No. Saga class has 40 inch pitch and 20-20.5 inch width. Some data available at Seatguru

Print Wikipost

Old Jul 3, 22, 11:00 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks

Programs: Tri-State Turducken, Keisei Skinflint, KCR Headphones, Kopaja Platinum
Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
As repeated many times in this thread and elsewhere, Icelandair does not have lie-flat seats on any aircraft. Their "Business Class" is no better than Premium Economy on any other airline.
Hence, the
dios mio
Anyway, for me this is useless since they have unhelpful airline partners. Have been meaning to get a long weekend in Õsland, though.
Old Jul 4, 22, 9:37 am

Picked up SEA-KEF-DUB with a three-night stopover in Iceland on the return for just over $1000 for late October, early November. Yeah, no lie-flight seats but I think I can do just fine in their 2-1-2 configuration on the 767 with a center single seat. My first time to both Dublin and Reykjavik; really looking forward to this one. Using WN for the positioning flights - with all the air travel industry issues I decided to overnight at Seatac in both directions even though hopefully it clears up by the fall.
worldtraveller73 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 22, 4:34 am

I was finally able to get my stopover in Iceland by flying NYC to Glasgow and returning from London to Toronto. I understand YYZ is a God-awful airport, so I'm bracing for 2 hours in passport control*. The sacrifices we make....

[* Aside: I had read the same thing about MEX, but I breezed through immigration in < 10 minutes in both directions at MEX last month. ]
tobikosan likes this.
Old Jul 5, 22, 8:41 am

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento View Post
Do they not have lie-flat seats?

There does not seem to be a definitive answer to this. Covid seems to have knocked out taste buds and ability to recognize playfullness.
worldtraveller73 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 22, 1:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.024MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Select; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by nk15 View Post
Are you even using the lie flats, people, especially on day flights?
Yes. Sitting in an airline seat for many hours can be dangerous. (And from Vancouver, KEF is not a daytime flight.)
Old Jul 5, 22, 1:31 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.024MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Select; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
It comes with lounge access ó and that makes a difference at KEF if having a longer layover.
I haven't been to the airport, so I don't know what the other (s)eating options are, but the lounge doesn't look like anything special.
Old Jul 5, 22, 1:36 pm

I've flown in and out of KEF (but not transit through) a few times, and KEF is one of my least favorite airports. It's small, cramp, poorly organized, with co-mingling inbound and outbound passengers. I haven't been inside the lounge but recall looking at photos and reviews that indicate it's nothing special.
Old Jul 5, 22, 3:12 pm

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by sfvoyage View Post
I haven't been inside the lounge but recall looking at photos and reviews that indicate it's nothing special.
Nothing special indeed, but it’s better than waiting on your feet or sitting on the floor in narrow hallways by some gates. While there are typically places to sit in the more common areas, those aren’t all that great either.
Old Jul 5, 22, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sfvoyage View Post
I've flown in and out of KEF (but not transit through) a few times, and KEF is one of my least favorite airports. It's small, cramp, poorly organized, with co-mingling inbound and outbound passengers. I haven't been inside the lounge but recall looking at photos and reviews that indicate it's nothing special.
I visited this lounge last August. It was on par with other lounges in EU such as BRU and FRA. It was slightly better than some domestic counterparts such as United Club. The lounge was very empty when I was there before the UA flight to EWR. So, I do not have any bad things to say about this lounge.
Old Jul 6, 22, 4:59 am

Fare appears to be gone
Old Jul 7, 22, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun View Post
How much sleep do you get on a flight blocked at 5h, 50m? There are daytime flights JFK-LHR too. My last JFK-HEL flight was 6h, 45m flying time. I just can't justify $5K+ for 16 hours of flight time on a return. That is over $300 per hour. I sleep just fine in a recliner which I don't recline anyway. To each their own.

James
I absolutely canít sleep in a domestic FC seat, let alone Y. So I donít fly domestic transcon redeyes unless it is a flat bed, fortunately to NYC there are options, esp from SFO/LAX. On the eastbound to Europe as long as I get 4 hours of sleep and a shower on arrival I can have a productive day and then catch up the next night. So itís not just the 16 hours of flight time in the denominator. On the westbound, I donít ďneedĒ the flat bed as much, except (1) on a short trip Iím still working off the sleep deficit from the outbound so will often nap for a few hours, and (2) I will put the seat into somewhat deep recline to even out the pressure on my body. FWIW an angled flat is fine for this (and also I donít have too much of a problem sleeping on those).

Search this Thread