Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LX: JFK to DXB from $2053

Old Jun 21, 22, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Swiss from New York to Dubai. Some days are available with United across the pond but in all cases they book as P fares with Swiss codeshares/flight numbers which earn 100% in most programs so you would earn 13794 miles.

The lowest fare can be found on Google Flights but booked through another OTA and not directly at Swiss.com. Fare seems valid till End of Schedule.

Book Flights Here!

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page. Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals
offvoice and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Jun 22, 22, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I also see routings on UA/LH via FRA for a similar price. Direct airline pricing about $100 higher, I don't know or trust the OTAs with the lowest fares here.
And Amex IAP coming in even lower, I see as low as $2008.
Some DL/AF routings via CDG for ~$2400.
Old Jun 22, 22, 6:51 am

Limited routings from LAX: $2600 for this year, down to $2100 starting in February. Too bad DXB is one of the few places I have absolutely zero desire to ever visit, but would be a great mileage run, regardless.
Old Jun 22, 22, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Horrible layover on the outbound with Air Canada... But all lie-flats...
Google Flights
Old Jun 22, 22, 9:29 am

Not at all horrible if you want to visit Toronto. I have never been outside the airport and would love a layover like that to explore the city. Many of my fondest travel memories are from long layovers.
Old Jun 23, 22, 4:51 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Shame you can't split pay w/ Amex IAP to take advantage of that Spend $1K, Get $300 Back Amex Offer
Old Jun 23, 22, 5:03 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWE (Plat Pro), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by downinit View Post
Not at all horrible if you want to visit Toronto. I have never been outside the airport and would love a layover like that to explore the city. Many of my fondest travel memories are from long layovers.
YYZ used to have 6 hour MAXIMUM transit time limit to use the automated transit passport check. If your transit is more than 6 hours you have to clear Canadian immigration and then you can do whatever you want - go to the downtown area or hangout at the airport landslide until 6 hours prior to departure. I am not sure, if they still have this rule though.
Old Jun 23, 22, 5:40 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by TPJ View Post
YYZ used to have 6 hour MAXIMUM transit time limit to use the automated transit passport check. If your transit is more than 6 hours you have to clear Canadian immigration and then you can do whatever you want - go to the downtown area or hangout at the airport landslide until 6 hours prior to departure. I am not sure, if they still have this rule though.

I have a question on this (unrelated to this deal) I have a red-eye from YVR to YYZ with a 12 hour layover continuing to Europe later that day. Are you suggesting I won't be able to go in and enjoy the lounge for those 12 hours (was planning on working all day)?
Old Jun 24, 22, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Fes426 View Post
I have a question on this (unrelated to this deal) I have a red-eye from YVR to YYZ with a 12 hour layover continuing to Europe later that day. Are you suggesting I won't be able to go in and enjoy the lounge for those 12 hours (was planning on working all day)?
No, you should be able to head to the lounge and use it for the entirety of your 12-hour layover. OP was talking about US/international-to-international connections at YYZ, and even for those pax with layovers longer than six hours, there is a way, albeit potentially a more complicated one, to get back airside upon arrival at YYZ.
Old Jun 25, 22, 8:48 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by downinit View Post
Not in February when the temperature hits -15F
Old Jun 25, 22, 9:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer View Post
Not in February when the temperature hits -15F
F??? More like -15C
Old Jun 28, 22, 4:13 am

Programs: LH SEN, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Plat, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ijgordon View Post
I also see routings on UA/LH via FRA for a similar price. Direct airline pricing about $100 higher, I don't know or trust the OTAs with the lowest fares here.
And Amex IAP coming in even lower, I see as low as $2008.
Some DL/AF routings via CDG for ~$2400.
Did you try to add a stop (>24h) in FRA or ZRH?
Old Jun 28, 22, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Olip View Post
Did you try to add a stop (>24h) in FRA or ZRH?
Peak Summer travel to Munich with a side bar to Cairo , just edit for other cities...

Chicago Munich (Egypt) Ticket
murphy likes this.
Old Jul 1, 22, 11:00 pm

Anyone know how I might be able to book this itinerary on LH stock... Tried calling Lufthansa but seems they're closed for business atm.

Search this Thread