Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Avianca: LAX to SCL from $1478

Old Jun 16, 22, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Acceptable sale with Avianca from Los Angeles to Santiago de Chile via Bogota, Colombia. Avianca is getting rid of Business class later this year and service levels remain at pathetic levels with limited service quality.

Buyer beware as 3/4 segments are on their Boeing 787 so you would have a lieflat seat with one on their Airbus 320 which sometimes is just a blocked middle seat. But these can be subject to change.

These fares book into A class (XL in Avianca terms) which earns 100% in most Star Alliance programs and gives you 1/5 of distance as PQPs for United. In the case of the sample below LAX-BOG-LAX you would earn 6956 miles and 1392 PQPs. BOG-SCL would earn 5258 miles and 1052 PQPs. So you would earn a grand total of 12214 miles and 2443 PQPs.

Book Flights Here!

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page. Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals
Maple Red likes this.
Old Jun 16, 22, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
On some dates you can stretch the BOG layover on the outbound and catch AV 97 to SCL at ~9pm, which is a 788. That arrival time into SCL after a long day and a half of traveling is brutal, though. It appears that AV 97/98 (4am arrival into and 6am departure from SCL) switch from a narrowbody to a 788 on 9/1.
Old Jun 16, 22, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I thought Avianca is getting rid of business class besides flights to Europe?
Old Jun 16, 22, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SourSweetTea View Post
I thought Avianca is getting rid of business class besides flights to Europe?
Effective October 1, so these sample flights in August would still enjoy the world-class meals and beverages (sarcasm) of Avianca in Business Class.... Lie flat seat and that's about it...
Old Jun 16, 22, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Wonder how they will operate without business class on the LAX flight. Can a narrow body even reach LAX from BOG?

​​​​​​
Old Jun 16, 22, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ View Post
Wonder how they will operate without business class on the LAX flight. Can a narrow body even reach LAX from BOG?

​​​​​​
Probably sell them as XL seats ... The 320 could not make it and doubt they want to abandon that market...
Old Jun 16, 22, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
Probably sell them as XL seats ... The 320 could not make it and doubt they want to abandon that market...
Will more than likely go back to the A330 on the LAX route and reserve the 787s for their European network. Pretty sad.
Old Jun 16, 22, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
Effective October 1, so these sample flights in August would still enjoy the world-class meals and beverages (sarcasm) of Avianca in Business Class.... Lie flat seat and that's about it...
I spit my drink out with Avianca and World Class meals in the same sentence ( sarcasm understood )
jfkeze likes this.

Search this Thread