Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SQ Business Special Fares from BKK to AUS/EUR/NA and others

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Business Special Fares from BKK to AUS/EUR/NA and others

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2022, 12:04 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS
When I go to Scoot to select seats, it wants to charge me for everything? How can I avail myself of the benefits?
My understanding is that the seat included in the SQ/Scoot codeshare is a basic seat and you can select another seat in the same price category but if you want to move into another area that is a higher price you have to pay. I am just going on what I have read unfortunately and do not have any first hand experience.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS
When I go to Scoot to select seats, it wants to charge me for everything? How can I avail myself of the benefits?
I have a SQ booking that includes a TR-operated flight, and I had to call TR to get my free seat assignment (of standard seats) as well as the one free baggage allowance. I was able to purchase a meal without extra cost on TR's website.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 3:30 pm
formerly JackDann

I’m going to book this tomorrow - Can get on the SQ operated flight rather than Scoot from HKT for a good price through a travel agent. But as others have said, 40k more Baht booking direct.

Shame there isn’t any good outbound options Ex-Eu for Jan. Was gonna book QR and upgrade with Avios but not willing to do so with the old J frol DOH - Thailand.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 2:33 am
formerly JackDann

I'm trying to book this Itinerary - But the only way to do so through the SQ website is by making a Multi-City booking.. one catch with that

"Multi-city booking fare conditions
You won't be able to mix fare type for Multi-city booking. Your fare type is determined from your first flight selection. To change fare type, re-select your first flight segment."

Is there any way of getting this priced through SQ without it being Multi-City?
Attached Images  
Old Sep 1, 2022, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
It seems that the SIN-NRT-LAX segments are covered under a single flight number, and when you select seats, you select just one seat for both flights. That's OK. But when I credit to United Airlines, will I receive credit for SIN-NRT-LAX, or just SIN-LAX? It makes a huge difference in PQP.

The same issue applies to JFK-FRA-SIN.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 11:59 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by PurdueFlyer

Was not able to book on the website with any credit card, and the paypal link kept returning a "this merchant does not accept this form of payment" error message. I downloaded the Singapore Airlines app, tried it from scratch on there, and the booking went through (with cc) on the first try! Irritating process, but it all worked in the end.
I had the same problem. No credit card was accepted. How are others getting around this? Calling Singapore CS? I tried that but they had trouble finding the fare.

You can pay with Paypal, but then it costs an extra 5% due to currency conversion.

Update: I was able to book it through SQ CS over the phone, although I didn't get the dates I wanted and their price was 2k THB higher than what was quoted on the website for the exact same itinerary and fare class.

Last edited by BigE; Sep 2, 2022 at 8:27 pm
Old Oct 2, 2022, 1:37 am

Looks like Singapore Airlines Global Sale has been extended yet again. Can you even call it a "Sale" if its happening every month ? lol The last SQ sale ended only last month Sept 6th. It's a Global Sale, so there are many promotional fares to every corners of the world.

VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/AFTER 01JAN 23 AND ON/BEFORE 31MAR 23.

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/AFTER 19SEP 22 AND ON/BEFORE 14OCT 22.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/t...-from-Bangkok/

Last edited by Bleuprince16; Oct 2, 2022 at 2:02 am
Old Oct 3, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Originally Posted by Bleuprince16
Looks like Singapore Airlines Global Sale has been extended yet again. Can you even call it a "Sale" if its happening every month ? lol The last SQ sale ended only last month Sept 6th. It's a Global Sale, so there are many promotional fares to every corners of the world.

VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/AFTER 01JAN 23 AND ON/BEFORE 31MAR 23.

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/AFTER 19SEP 22 AND ON/BEFORE 14OCT 22.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/t...-from-Bangkok/

Zero price here means just that there is no added price difference when selecting the indicated return flights
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by BigE
It seems that the SIN-NRT-LAX segments are covered under a single flight number, and when you select seats, you select just one seat for both flights. That's OK. But when I credit to United Airlines, will I receive credit for SIN-NRT-LAX, or just SIN-LAX? It makes a huge difference in PQP.

Did you ever get your questions answered? SIN-NRT-LAX counts as one flight segment with mileage calculated as SIN-LAX, so this trip is generally useless for United PQP unless it's a very, very low fare and you're planning on making the trip repeatedly. You'll be capped at 1500 PQP per direction, and since SQ is a non-preferred partner, the divisor is 6, not 5. That means in order to get the full value of the 1500 PQP business class cap, you need a direction of at least 9,000 miles, which is impossible with how the SIN-NRT-LAX flight is calculated, just to get your 1500 PQP cap.
BigE likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:40 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by BigE

1 flight# will be 1 segment (origin-destination) not 2. Has always been that way.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 12:45 am

Thanks for the answers. When I booked, it wasn't clear that it was just one flight number. I called UA and they said it would be count as two segments. But I trust FT more than I trust the UA agents. I will try to change to the nonstops, then, but I suspect SQ will try to charge me a change fee for that.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: UA
Booked it on the app with Apple Pay, thank you! (The particular promotion ended 10/14, but I'm sure it will be extended or come out again).

SQ711 BKK-SIN doesn't earn any Alaska credit. I'd like to credit ONLY this segment to Aeroplan, and then credit SQ22 to Alaska. Is this something SQ customer service / SQ's reservation system can handle? (Different FF crediting for different segments).
Old Oct 25, 2022, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by DoctorORD
SQ711 BKK-SIN doesn't earn any Alaska credit. I'd like to credit ONLY this segment to Aeroplan, and then credit SQ22 to Alaska.
The direct answer to your question is no. The FF# gets applied to the ticket, not the segment. But the whole premise of your question is flawed because SQ711 will absolutely eaen Alaska credit assuming you are in an eligible fare bucket. What made you believe otherwise?
Old Oct 25, 2022, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA *G
Originally Posted by Ivstan14
The direct answer to your question is no. The FF# gets applied to the ticket, not the segment. But the whole premise of your question is flawed because SQ711 will absolutely eaen Alaska credit assuming you are in an eligible fare bucket. What made you believe otherwise?
Not OP but I believe this is a fairly recent change by AS to expand the eligible SQ flight number range. Regional SQ flights did not earn AS credit (RDM or EQM) as recently as November of last year.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 8:08 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by Ivstan14
Because AS used to exclude the range from 700 of flight numbers. Now the web page says 1 to 999 (open the details to see that). I had not seen the change last week and credited flight 711 to my SQ account. My husband didn't play the segment game and all credited to AS.
And you are wrong about FF#. You can apply them per segment as I did just a week ago on such a ticket.
DoctorORD likes this.

Last edited by DeltaFlyingProf; Oct 25, 2022 at 8:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.