Mileage Run Deals

Premium Fare Deals

SQ Business Special Fares from BKK to AUS/EUR/NA and others

SQ Business Special Fares from BKK to AUS/EUR/NA and others

Old Aug 15, 22, 10:57 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AS MVP Gold, AC 35K
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
From looking at the existing base fares allowing stopover, they'd reprice any direction on which you want to introduce a stopover to the double amount.
So basically breaks the fare and reprices at new typical average (~4-5k) amount, sadly that won't work as I needed the stopover at outbound.
Old Aug 18, 22, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
SQ J: BKK/HKT-SFO/LAX $2,200 RT or $1,300 OW

Jan - Apr 2023 for lowest price and best availability
Nov - Dec a few bucks more
ps9a and AurelAF96 like this.
Old Aug 18, 22, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by jdkgdd View Post
I had the same issues paying be credit card. Called to book and it was a slow tedious process over the phone and at the end of it SQ told me the flights I wanted were no longer available despite them still showing up on the website. I then went back on the website and found the same flights and tried to pay through PayPal option. Payment went through with no issues. So I'd give that a try before calling SQ.

​​​
Thanks for the tip! Every other attempt failed and then Paypal went through beautifully. SQ does not make it easy to do business with them!
Old Aug 18, 22, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Thought this deal was dead. Not finding any avail on sq,gf or matrix for Nov that is under 1900. Anyone have specific dates?
Old Aug 18, 22, 6:36 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA Gold, AC 75k, Hyatt/Hilton/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by frebay View Post
Thought this deal was dead. Not finding any avail on sq,gf or matrix for Nov that is under 1900. Anyone have specific dates?
11/9-16. It's 80k thb and drops to 76k in 2023. Price in USD will fluctuate and is higher than when fare originally appeared as the baht has strengthened.
Old Aug 20, 22, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA 1P (1k ain't what it used to be)
So a friend booked 12/31 HKT-NYCx4 and I booked BKK-NYC 11/29x2 today (~43k THB). Clicking through google flights did not not work, as it seems SQs website prices BKK-EWR different from BKK-NYC. Was able to book and both chase/amex failed on SQ's site but chase worked through Paypal.
Old Aug 21, 22, 12:01 pm
formerly JackDann

Trying to book HKT-LHR one way for January 27th but price doubles from 40-80k one I click through.
Old Aug 24, 22, 7:41 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Amb MR PLAT
just booked Bkk to ewr and jfk bkk in march 2023. got business class on 3 legs of the trip have to fly Scoot from Sin to Bkk premium econ on the return trip. all together 2100usd. Cheapest business class ticket i could find in biz class during that time.
Old Aug 24, 22, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I booked HKT-SIN-JFK in February. The first segment is operated by Scoot. I've come to realize that we have no privledges as a business class customer on scoot. pay for seats, pay for baggage and I'm assuming no SQ lounge access in HKT.

I'd love to get off the Scoot flight? Any suggestions? I asked to be put in Coach on an SQ flight and they said it was going to cost another $18k USD
Old Aug 24, 22, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS View Post
I booked HKT-SIN-JFK in February. The first segment is operated by Scoot. I've come to realize that we have no privledges as a business class customer on scoot. pay for seats, pay for baggage and I'm assuming no SQ lounge access in HKT.

I'd love to get off the Scoot flight? Any suggestions? I asked to be put in Coach on an SQ flight and they said it was going to cost another $18k USD
18 THOUSAND??? usd - REALLY?
Old Aug 25, 22, 3:59 am

Programs: MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. AA & UA peon. Marriott Titanium / LT Plat
managed to snag BKK-SIN-EWR one-way in Feb for 45,950 THB ($1280.97 USD).

Was not able to book on the website with any credit card, and the paypal link kept returning a "this merchant does not accept this form of payment" error message. I downloaded the Singapore Airlines app, tried it from scratch on there, and the booking went through (with cc) on the first try! Irritating process, but it all worked in the end.

Looking forward to my first time on SQ.
Old Aug 27, 22, 9:14 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS View Post

I don't think this is correct. I am looking at a one-way BKK-SIN-EWR and the price for the itinerary with a BKK-SIN Scoot flight is about 48k Baht versus 93k Baht with the more preferred flight on SQ from BKK-SIN. I am pasting the language on the booking screen, so you should not have to pay for seats or baggage. I would assume that baggage would be on the most significant carrier and thus come in on the SQ 2 x 32kg amount. You will not get lounge access in HKT but I do not personally see that as a big deal. I would prefer to be on the SQ A350 between BKK and SIN but I could tuff it out for the just over 2 hour flight for 45K Baht difference. https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...irlines/scoot/

Last edited by mcgahat; Aug 27, 22 at 5:20 pm Reason: Adding a link to the SQ site on the benefits on Scoot
Old Aug 30, 22, 12:38 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex FHR, WS Gold, KLM Silver,AS MVP Gold, Hawaiian Platinum
Originally Posted by mcgahat View Post
I don't think this is correct. I am looking at a one-way BKK-SIN-EWR and the price for the itinerary with a BKK-SIN Scoot flight is about 48k Baht versus 93k Baht with the more preferred flight on SQ from BKK-SIN. I am pasting the language on the booking screen, so you should not have to pay for seats or baggage. I would assume that baggage would be on the most significant carrier and thus come in on the SQ 2 x 32kg amount. You will not get lounge access in HKT but I do not personally see that as a big deal. I would prefer to be on the SQ A350 between BKK and SIN but I could tuff it out for the just over 2 hour flight for 45K Baht difference. https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...irlines/scoot/

for which dates?
Old Aug 31, 22, 12:09 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by tessy143 View Post
for which dates?
That was December 5th.
Old Aug 31, 22, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
When I go to Scoot to select seats, it wants to charge me for everything? How can I avail myself of the benefits?

Originally Posted by mcgahat View Post

Search this Thread