Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Mileage Run Deals

Premium Fare Deals

SQ Business Special Fares from BKK to AUS/EUR/NA and others

SQ Business Special Fares from BKK to AUS/EUR/NA and others

Old Aug 1, 22, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by hur88 View Post
You manage your reservation online and select Alaska as the frequent flyer program you want to credit to.
If you've already selected SQ Krisflyer, then you will have to either contact customer service or have them change it at the airport.
When I make the booking with SQ air. Somehow, the reservation system does not allowed me to enter DOB, until I have to log in my SQ account. So, my flight is now linked with SQ mile plan account.

I am is at lowest level with AS mile plan, do I still earn 200% mile credit if I request the miles earned (from SQ D class ) to be credit to Alaska airline.
Old Aug 1, 22, 3:01 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA Gold, AC 75k, Hyatt/Hilton/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by vnfilm1 View Post
When I make the booking with SQ air. Somehow, the reservation system does not allowed me to enter DOB, until I have to log in my SQ account. So, my flight is now linked with SQ mile plan account.

I am is at lowest level with AS mile plan, do I still earn 200% mile credit if I request the miles earned (from SQ D class ) to be credit to Alaska airline.
You can look up the chart here. Depending on your status earn additional on top as described here.
Old Aug 2, 22, 7:25 am
Original Poster

i am seeing some quite wide open BKK-JFK availability in december on dates that (at least for me) are *perfect* for a 2-week holiday trip back to the US. check it out:

that is from singapore airlines' website. note that this is NOT showing up on google flights though...

Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
huge thanks for the prompt on this. while i am the original poster, i presumed all the availability had come and gone and hadn't looked into it in a while. to my delight and surprise, i just booked one of these flights back to the US for the holidays for 76,505 baht and am seriously chuffed. thanks again.

Last edited by Pat89339; Aug 18, 22 at 9:48 am Reason: Consecutive posts
Old Aug 2, 22, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
esta tarifa es just WOW!
Old Aug 5, 22, 8:02 am

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Looks like its over
Old Aug 5, 22, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by krispykrme View Post
Looks like its over
Not only that, the cheapest fares to BKK in Nov-Jan seem to have gone up quite a bit.

In the last few days JAL and ANA went up over $1000 on the half dozen dates I'd been following.
Old Aug 5, 22, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Ghoulish View Post
Not only that, the cheapest fares to BKK in Nov-Jan seem to have gone up quite a bit.

In the last few days JAL and ANA went up over $1000 on the half dozen dates I'd been following.
cheapest I can find is OZ at $2750
Old Aug 5, 22, 12:35 pm

Thai govt officials have been sounding the alarm on very low seat capacity (vs prepandemic) into BKK hampering recovery.

Then again, they also say they'd prefer lower volume higher spending travelers going forward anyway.
Old Aug 5, 22, 2:31 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA Gold, AC 75k, Hyatt/Hilton/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Thai govt officials have been sounding the alarm on very low seat capacity (vs prepandemic) into BKK hampering recovery.

Then again, they also say they'd prefer lower volume higher spending travelers going forward anyway.
This is an ex-BKK fare though. Thai govt is lucky to have what they do, beggars can't be choosers right now. Can't demand premium prices without premium infrastructure. You'd end up just driving traffic to the rest of SEA.
Old Aug 15, 22, 7:51 am
Original Poster

these special fares are now back in play... https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/t...al-fares-2022/
ubiest and liquidpop like this.
Old Aug 15, 22, 3:21 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AS MVP Gold, AC 35K
If the farerule states no stopover permitted (DT5THR16), if I were to travel the first leg into SIN and ask for a change during the connection at SIN to extend beyond 24 hours, how will that get repriced?
Old Aug 15, 22, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by pablos View Post
these special fares are now back in play... https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/t...al-fares-2022/
is there a restriction on it only originating from SG or have folks been able to book it going the opposite way? I tried either option and fares are both at ~10k SGD so clearly doing something wrong - assumed a NYC starting point to go to SG.
Old Aug 15, 22, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by liquidpop View Post
is there a restriction on it only originating from SG or have folks been able to book it going the opposite way? I tried either option and fares are both at ~10k SGD so clearly doing something wrong - assumed a NYC starting point to go to SG.
Sale fares available either way.
Old Aug 15, 22, 6:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM SM aka dirt; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ gold, TK Elite
Yes you have to start from BKK or HKT to get that fare.

Secondly, availability to the US is extremely limited at least in 2022. Best is to do a calendar search.

Originally Posted by jix View Post
If the farerule states no stopover permitted (DT5THR16), if I were to travel the first leg into SIN and ask for a change during the connection at SIN to extend beyond 24 hours, how will that get repriced?
From looking at the existing base fares allowing stopover, they'd reprice any direction on which you want to introduce a stopover to the double amount.

Last edited by Pat89339; Aug 18, 22 at 9:49 am Reason: Consecutive posts
Old Aug 15, 22, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Sale fares available either way.
Huh? This is not true. The fares are for travel originating in Thailand only (BKK or HKT). You can buy a one-way or roundtrip, i.e., BKK-NYC or BKK-NYC-BKK. But you cannot buy a one-way or roundtrip originating in NYC, i.e., NYC-BKK or NYC-BKK-NYC. And SIN is not a valid origin or destination for this fare.

Search this Thread