Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Mileage Run Deals

Premium Fare Deals

SQ Business Special Fares from BKK to AUS/EUR/NA and others

SQ Business Special Fares from BKK to AUS/EUR/NA and others

Old Aug 1, 22, 2:14 pm
  #46  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 360
Originally Posted by hur88 View Post
You manage your reservation online and select Alaska as the frequent flyer program you want to credit to.
If you've already selected SQ Krisflyer, then you will have to either contact customer service or have them change it at the airport.
When I make the booking with SQ air. Somehow, the reservation system does not allowed me to enter DOB, until I have to log in my SQ account. So, my flight is now linked with SQ mile plan account.

I am is at lowest level with AS mile plan, do I still earn 200% mile credit if I request the miles earned (from SQ D class ) to be credit to Alaska airline.
vnfilm1 is offline  
Old Aug 1, 22, 3:01 pm
  #47  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: LAX/SFO
Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA Gold, AC 75k, Hyatt/Hilton/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Posts: 596
Originally Posted by vnfilm1 View Post
When I make the booking with SQ air. Somehow, the reservation system does not allowed me to enter DOB, until I have to log in my SQ account. So, my flight is now linked with SQ mile plan account.

I am is at lowest level with AS mile plan, do I still earn 200% mile credit if I request the miles earned (from SQ D class ) to be credit to Alaska airline.
You can look up the chart here. Depending on your status earn additional on top as described here.
TalkingPoint is offline  
Old Aug 2, 22, 7:25 am
  #48  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Posts: 47
i am seeing some quite wide open BKK-JFK availability in december on dates that (at least for me) are *perfect* for a 2-week holiday trip back to the US. check it out:




that is from singapore airlines' website. note that this is NOT showing up on google flights though...




Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
huge thanks for the prompt on this. while i am the original poster, i presumed all the availability had come and gone and hadn't looked into it in a while. to my delight and surprise, i just booked one of these flights back to the US for the holidays for 76,505 baht and am seriously chuffed. thanks again.

Last edited by Pat89339; Aug 18, 22 at 9:48 am Reason: Consecutive posts
pablos is offline  
Old Aug 2, 22, 12:31 pm
  #49  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Spain
Posts: 406
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
esta tarifa es just WOW!
chejus is offline  
Old Aug 5, 22, 8:02 am
  #50  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bay Area
Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Posts: 651
Looks like its over
krispykrme is offline  
Old Aug 5, 22, 8:13 am
  #51  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 723
Originally Posted by krispykrme View Post
Looks like its over
Not only that, the cheapest fares to BKK in Nov-Jan seem to have gone up quite a bit.

In the last few days JAL and ANA went up over $1000 on the half dozen dates I'd been following.
Ghoulish is offline  
Old Aug 5, 22, 12:31 pm
  #52  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bay Area
Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Posts: 651
Originally Posted by Ghoulish View Post
Not only that, the cheapest fares to BKK in Nov-Jan seem to have gone up quite a bit.

In the last few days JAL and ANA went up over $1000 on the half dozen dates I'd been following.
cheapest I can find is OZ at $2750
krispykrme is offline  
Old Aug 5, 22, 12:35 pm
  #53  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 723
Thai govt officials have been sounding the alarm on very low seat capacity (vs prepandemic) into BKK hampering recovery.

Then again, they also say they'd prefer lower volume higher spending travelers going forward anyway.
Ghoulish is offline  
Old Aug 5, 22, 2:31 pm
  #54  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: LAX/SFO
Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA Gold, AC 75k, Hyatt/Hilton/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Posts: 596
Originally Posted by Ghoulish View Post
Thai govt officials have been sounding the alarm on very low seat capacity (vs prepandemic) into BKK hampering recovery.

Then again, they also say they'd prefer lower volume higher spending travelers going forward anyway.
This is an ex-BKK fare though. Thai govt is lucky to have what they do, beggars can't be choosers right now. Can't demand premium prices without premium infrastructure. You'd end up just driving traffic to the rest of SEA.
TalkingPoint is offline  
Old Aug 15, 22, 7:51 am
  #55  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Posts: 47
these special fares are now back in play... https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/t...al-fares-2022/
ubiest and liquidpop like this.
pablos is offline  
Old Aug 15, 22, 3:21 pm
  #56  
jix
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: YYZ, NYC
Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AS MVP Gold, AC 35K
Posts: 997
If the farerule states no stopover permitted (DT5THR16), if I were to travel the first leg into SIN and ask for a change during the connection at SIN to extend beyond 24 hours, how will that get repriced?
jix is offline  
Old Aug 15, 22, 4:30 pm
  #57  
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Posts: 15
Originally Posted by pablos View Post
these special fares are now back in play... https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/t...al-fares-2022/
is there a restriction on it only originating from SG or have folks been able to book it going the opposite way? I tried either option and fares are both at ~10k SGD so clearly doing something wrong - assumed a NYC starting point to go to SG.
liquidpop is offline  
Old Aug 15, 22, 4:30 pm
  #58  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 723
Originally Posted by liquidpop View Post
is there a restriction on it only originating from SG or have folks been able to book it going the opposite way? I tried either option and fares are both at ~10k SGD so clearly doing something wrong - assumed a NYC starting point to go to SG.
Sale fares available either way.
Ghoulish is offline  
Old Aug 15, 22, 6:55 pm
  #59  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM SM aka dirt; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ gold, TK Elite
Posts: 3,737
Originally Posted by liquidpop View Post
is there a restriction on it only originating from SG or have folks been able to book it going the opposite way? I tried either option and fares are both at ~10k SGD so clearly doing something wrong - assumed a NYC starting point to go to SG.
Yes you have to start from BKK or HKT to get that fare.

Secondly, availability to the US is extremely limited at least in 2022. Best is to do a calendar search.

Originally Posted by jix View Post
If the farerule states no stopover permitted (DT5THR16), if I were to travel the first leg into SIN and ask for a change during the connection at SIN to extend beyond 24 hours, how will that get repriced?
From looking at the existing base fares allowing stopover, they'd reprice any direction on which you want to introduce a stopover to the double amount.

Last edited by Pat89339; Aug 18, 22 at 9:49 am Reason: Consecutive posts
DeltaFlyingProf is offline  
Old Aug 15, 22, 8:51 pm
  #60  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 4,186
Originally Posted by liquidpop View Post
is there a restriction on it only originating from SG or have folks been able to book it going the opposite way? I tried either option and fares are both at ~10k SGD so clearly doing something wrong - assumed a NYC starting point to go to SG.
Originally Posted by Ghoulish View Post
Sale fares available either way.
Huh? This is not true. The fares are for travel originating in Thailand only (BKK or HKT). You can buy a one-way or roundtrip, i.e., BKK-NYC or BKK-NYC-BKK. But you cannot buy a one-way or roundtrip originating in NYC, i.e., NYC-BKK or NYC-BKK-NYC. And SIN is not a valid origin or destination for this fare.
dkc192 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread