Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SQ Business Special Fares from BKK to AUS/EUR/NA and others

SQ Business Special Fares from BKK to AUS/EUR/NA and others

Old Jun 28, 2022, 10:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Diamond
Another data point - My US issued Amex went through ok. Ticket was issued with no problem

Originally Posted by hur88
Thanks for this. Great deal for RT business class on Singapore BKK-LAX.

Singapore Airlines web site had issues taking my US issued credit card to pay in Thai Baht, so I had to call in and they were able to process my payment and ticket over the phone. Hold times can be ridiculous, so if you have to call I recommend doing it in the middle of the night Singapore time.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: QF; VA; AS
Originally Posted by jfkeze
I might be mistaken but usually a "direct" flight from XXX-YYY-ZZZ on the same day credits as XXX-ZZZ, you don't get credit for each segment but as one.
Not sure about SQ but QF credits you for whatever segments you have a boarding pass. So if you have 2 boarding passes for the example you used QF would credit both. I usually credit SQ to AS and I think they do much the same.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 1:55 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Has anyone tried routing this ticket BKK-SIN-NRT-LAX (and same for the return)? I need to break up the segments, but it seems only HKT (with the first flight operated by Scoot in coach) still has any discount fares to LA. My concern is making sure SQ11 SIN-NRT/NRT-LAX posts and credits as two separate flights with MileagePlus so I can earn the PQP from both subject to the cap.
Which cap? Thanks.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 5:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by js1993
Which cap? Thanks.
United MileagePlus earns a max of 1500 PQP per segment when flying on, and ticketed by *A partners
Old Jun 28, 2022, 6:51 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
United MileagePlus earns a max of 1500 PQP per segment when flying on, and ticketed by *A partners
Thanks. I thought it took much higher fare prices before any such earnings caps came into play.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 10:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by js1993
Thanks. I thought it took much higher fare prices before any such earnings caps came into play.
The caps apply to all fare classes, but given the formula, you need to book business class (fare amount doesn't matter) to get the 1500PQP cap, while coach/premiumY get a 750 PQP cap. That 750 cap makes PY on *A partners a no-go for earning towards status. So, regardless if it's a $2,000 P class business fare or a $8,000 D class business fare, you get hit with the cap if you book and fly on a partner.

So for this fare, crediting SIN-NRT-LAX as one flight makes it a no-go, although I would like more specific evidence that this is happening on MileagePlus accounts.
js1993 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 9:32 am

I've decided to credit my BKK-LAX flights to Alaska Mileage Plan for the 200% miles.
However, note that Alaska has a weird "quirk" where SQ700-799 (the Thailand-SIN segments) are EXCLUDED from any mileage earnings. Probably a leftover rule from the SilkAir days, but frustrating nonetheless.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:13 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Scottyrocket
Not sure about SQ but QF credits you for whatever segments you have a boarding pass. So if you have 2 boarding passes for the example you used QF would credit both. I usually credit SQ to AS and I think they do much the same.
In Mileage Plan, direct flights (same flight number) post as one flight between origin and destination. SIN-NRT-LAX would post as one flight, SIN-LAX. If you did a stopover in NRT, it would count as two flights and each would post independently.

James
Old Jul 3, 2022, 4:04 am

Keen to hear how often SQ has been doing these sales as they seem good value?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:58 pm

FYI, I also had problems paying with AMEX and a MC for a BKK to US ticket online. Called to speak to an agent who quoted a higher fare. Told them the fare was lower online which they confirmed and told me too bad -- if I wanted the lower fare I needed to book online! There is very clearly a problem with processing payments online -- perhaps it is with US based credit cards? Eventually, I was able to pay with the PayPal option (paid with the same card, just through PayPal). Confirmed with AMEX that my card wasn't being declined -- it wasn't even being authorized when Singapore was declining the transaction.

Beware of the "pay in your local currency" option -- the exchange rate is poor. If you don't pay a foreign exchange fee on your CC, you are better off paying in Thai Baht. FWIW, when I paid with my Citi Prestige and PayPal, it still coded as an airline, meaning I received 5x points as an airline carrier.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 5:01 am

I picked up the SFO 76k fare today 😁
(And no problems paying with my US CC.)

Old Jul 12, 2022, 1:29 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Fare expired on 10th and was not renewed.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:07 am
formerly rt23456p

Singapore would disagree
Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by rt23456p
Singapore would disagree
link?
Old Jul 19, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, IHG Spire, Marriot Gold
The caps apply to all fare classes, but given the formula, you need to book business class (fare amount doesn't matter) to get the 1500PQP cap, while coach/premiumY get a 750 PQP cap. That 750 cap makes PY on *A partners a no-go for earning towards status. So, regardless if it's a $2,000 P class business fare or a $8,000 D class business fare, you get hit with the cap if you book and fly on a partner.

So for this fare, crediting SIN-NRT-LAX as one flight makes it a no-go, although I would like more specific evidence that this is happening on MileagePlus accounts.
It's actually 1000 PQP max per segment with SQ going to Mileageplus. You'll need NH/AC/etc etc that are Preferred Partners to get the 1500 PQP max per segment.

The sweet spot on PQP is going east bound on a preferred partner (if you're west coast) and connecting at a YYZ/EWR/IAD etc, but that's not really SQ.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.