Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

RJ: FRA - BKK Business 1500€

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RJ: FRA - BKK Business 1500€

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2022, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

I mean, in terms of price and value, this fare does by far not beat the KLM flight from my home turf Stuttgart via Amsterdam to Bangkok and return last December, which was fully refundable for 1200€ (Which now costs 2800+). Nor does it beat the luxury of a Qatar Qsuite or the A380 bar in the upper deck - these are still unavailable or costs 5000€. Given the travel dates over Xmas, this RJ flight had just the perfect value for me. And the best rate was via Amex travel, which gave me the opportunity to spend my travel vouchers.
cln, Misco60, rill2503456 and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 4:24 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Use Amex IAP to find the $600ish one-ways. Again this is not a deal - don't be fooled by google flight pricing trends.
nk15 and gogooo like this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 2:32 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Use Amex IAP to find the $600ish one-ways. Again this is not a deal - don't be fooled by google flight pricing trends.
IAP offers up to 20% off (in best cases) compared to ITA/GF etc, so unless there is an active one-way option around 700-800$, which there isn't at the moment, your posts are just anecdotes of fares long gone, and not something that can be consistently booked.
mcgahat, Paella747, cln and 5 others like this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 7:38 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Deckter
IAP offers up to 20% off (in best cases) compared to ITA/GF etc, so unless there is an active one-way option around 700-800$, which there isn't at the moment, your posts are just anecdotes of fares long gone, and not something that can be consistently booked.
I agree. If there are such fares available, they should be posted. Otherwise, it is just talk.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 12:15 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
deleted - not relevant
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by koki_fly
I mean, in terms of price and value, this fare does by far not beat the KLM flight from my home turf Stuttgart via Amsterdam to Bangkok and return last December, which was fully refundable for 1200€ (Which now costs 2800+). Nor does it beat the luxury of a Qatar Qsuite or the A380 bar in the upper deck - these are still unavailable or costs 5000€. Given the travel dates over Xmas, this RJ flight had just the perfect value for me. And the best rate was via Amex travel, which gave me the opportunity to spend my travel vouchers.
I had RJ to BKK in 2019. Nothing wrong with the 2-2-2 seating in the 787 which gave me a good night sleep on both flights. The connecting A320's felt a bit outdated and regarding the big 2-2 seats I found it impossible to leave my windowseat once the person in front of me fully reclined his or her seat. The seat next to me was empty so I was able to climb over it which was still a bit awkward. But this fare is quite good considering how expensive the cheapest EU-> Asia J-fares have become.
As an aside, I still wonder how lowest business class fares became so expensive while the cheaper economy fares are still more or less the same.
HarbourGent likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: BA Silver
I flew RJ on the 787 in around 2018. LHR-AMM-BKK return in J for 996GBP. Got me to BA Gold.

Business on the 787 was OK, 2-2-2 as people mentioned and not very private but for 996GBP it was astounding.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: Life
Originally Posted by capin
I flew RJ on the 787 in around 2018. LHR-AMM-BKK return in J for 996GBP. Got me to BA Gold.

Business on the 787 was OK, 2-2-2 as people mentioned and not very private but for 996GBP it was astounding.
These are normal RJ fares..not a deal material yet.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:04 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Great_circle
I had RJ to BKK in 2019. Nothing wrong with the 2-2-2 seating in the 787 which gave me a good night sleep on both flights. The connecting A320's felt a bit outdated and regarding the big 2-2 seats I found it impossible to leave my windowseat once the person in front of me fully reclined his or her seat. The seat next to me was empty so I was able to climb over it which was still a bit awkward. But this fare is quite good considering how expensive the cheapest EU-> Asia J-fares have become.
As an aside, I still wonder how lowest business class fares became so expensive while the cheaper economy fares are still more or less the same.
I agree and think this is a good summary of the RJ product. For the price and current market it is pretty good.

I remember that deal and would take that any day. Again, not an over the top experience but that price, really good!

Originally Posted by gogooo
This is one of the better deals that can currently be booked.
cln likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:42 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Tempted but FRA to AMM only 40TP BAEC
mcgahat likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 5:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
£1000 return from LHR to BKK in J is a deal whether you believe it or not.
mcgahat, pythonisman and capin like this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 6:16 am

Sorry if I am being rude, but if you can't post a booking backing up your claims, it's all talk.
mcgahat and Deckter like this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

Sadly, you might not have got to those heady Golden heights with this fare - FRA AMM is just a smidge under the magic 2000 miles
capin likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 10:08 am

Given the lack of good deals to BKK these days I find this a good deal too, thanks.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:07 am

Programs: BA Silver

Just checked back in my posts and it was actually 2015 - time flies.

RJ not honouring TPs and avios

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.