FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   AF: BUD to OGG/HNL for €1921 in Business (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/2081862-af-bud-ogg-hnl-1921-business.html)

r0gerthat Jun 5, 2022 6:50 am

AF: BUD to OGG/HNL for €1921 in Business

Very limited availability over the holiday period, a bit more available January through April '23
Not the cheapest, but not bad either for the length of travel. Be careful, as some last segments might be sold as Eco

Managed to get the below ticketed on 057 stock, in J/Z class, no eco segments
KL & DL didn't allow this pricing.

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...GZpAWquUE73kq9
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...05feda648d.png

Oneworld seems to offer the same, slightly cheaper I believe, but didn't look in to it.

langbr01 Jun 5, 2022 9:33 am

For those crediting to Delta/other Skyteam carriers, the Kahului -> Vancouver is non mileage earning as it's Air France marketed but operated by a non Skyteam airline (Westjet). Great find none the less for those on AF/KL.

sluneckov Jun 5, 2022 9:39 am

Oneworld

Originally Posted by r0gerthat (Post 34308728)
Very limited availability over the holiday period, a bit more available January through April '23
Not the cheapest, but not bad either for the length of travel. Be careful, as some last segments might be sold as Eco

Managed to get the below ticketed on 057 stock, in J/Z class, no eco segments
KL & DL didn't allow this pricing.

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...GZpAWquUE73kq9

Oneworld seems to offer the same, slightly cheaper I believe, but didn't look in to it.

BUD-HNL 1 532 €

Barkinpark Jun 5, 2022 9:41 am

LH and LX offer similar deals.

nk15 Jun 5, 2022 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by sluneckov (Post 34309050)
BUD-HNL 1 532 €

You can force lie flats to OGG/HNL via DFW on AA both ways using multi city, but not stopovers for this price.

This would be nice if you could book it all in partner codes, rather than just some of the flights, for more LPs.

sluneckov Jun 5, 2022 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by nk15 (Post 34309440)
You can force lie flats to OGG/HNL via DFW on AA both ways using multi city, but not stopovers for this price.

This would be nice if you could book it all in partner codes, rather than just some of the flights, for more LPs.

this would be nice if they dropped the vaccination requirement and let me enter the country 😂

FlyingFrZ Jun 5, 2022 1:45 pm

Very nice fare.

Shame no stopover in the US though :/

Calchas Jun 5, 2022 3:15 pm

US stopovers are 600 EUR

Code:

STOPOVERS
  1 STOPOVER PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION AT EUR 75.00 IN
  AMS/PAR/MIL/ROM
  CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY.
  AND - 1 STOPOVER PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION AT EUR
        600.00 IN UNITED STATES/CANADA/MEXICO

FlyingFrZ Jun 5, 2022 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas (Post 34309900)
US stopovers are 600 EUR

Code:

STOPOVERS
1 STOPOVER PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION AT EUR 75.00 IN
AMS/PAR/MIL/ROM
AND - 1 STOPOVER PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION AT EUR
600.00 IN UNITED STATES/CANADA/MEXICO

Thanks for the heads up. Was hoping to build a second trip from LAX to Hawaii, but 1200EUR for the two stopovers needed is too steep.

nk15 Jun 5, 2022 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ (Post 34310191)
Thanks for the heads up. Was hoping to build a second trip from LAX to Hawaii, but 1200EUR for the two stopovers needed is too steep.

It can work with one stopover, but it is still too much and messes up the fare. Unless you really want to go to Hawaii.

This would have been a great fare for AA, before they changed their FFP, but now flying doesn't matter, I re-qualify on shopping and fly *A, lol. It is great for BAEC re-qualification though.

Quail Jun 5, 2022 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ (Post 34310191)

On this fare, sure. But if you wanted to stopover e.g. twice in LAX you could use a *A Z fare instead and it'd be about 600 more, not 1200. Not a steal, but not as bad.

This applies for just one stopover too (~300 instead of 600).

Maestro Ramen Jun 6, 2022 3:39 pm

What a shame that ST does not lowball their offer by 300 euros to match 1W's. :(

Paul Davis Jun 7, 2022 6:28 am

Scored this - thanks!

As people have mentioned, many of the routings include an OGG-YVR segment on WestJet, which does not have a real business class or really much of premium economy. I shopped to get around that.

I'm excited to experience lots of aircraft/cabin versions that are new to me.

We're flying from Malta, and we plan to prepend a visit to Budapest Christmas markets. I think it will be my first visit to BP.

r0gerthat Jun 7, 2022 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Paul Davis (Post 34314381)
Scored this - thanks!

As people have mentioned, many of the routings include an OGG-YVR segment on WestJet, which does not have a real business class or really much of premium economy. I shopped to get around that.

I'm excited to experience lots of aircraft/cabin versions that are new to me.

We're flying from Malta, and we plan to prepend a visit to Budapest Christmas markets. I think it will be my first visit to BP.

You're welcome mate.

On the WestJet segment, while this is not 'real' business as WestJet describes it, it compares to DL's first class experience almost 1 to 1 if you ask me. I've previously flown it, and it's a similar width seat with similar meal/drink service. On AF ticket it's also in J class, which I is business, so you will get business XP if crediting to Flying Blue.

Curious to hear what you found as an alternative? 757 from DL? :)

HereAndThereSC Jun 7, 2022 9:03 am

You can get this down to USD$1,696 on BA/AA metal if you search.

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...HvrPebCHRoiF26

HTSC

Paul Davis Jun 9, 2022 8:34 am

I ended up with this:

From To Flight Aircraft Class
BUD AMS KL1972 737-900 Europe Business
AMS SLC KL057 330-200 Business
SLC OGG DL694 767-300 Delta One
OGG LAX DL448 757 Delta One
LAX AMS KL604 787-9 World Business Class
AMS BUD KL1977 737-800 Europe Business

Wish I had known that WestJet is good - would have created some other options. My quick research made it look kinda lousy - I guess I erred.

Thanks so much for the original tip - this will be a fun trip. Wife loves Christmas in Hawaii.

Flying for Fun Jun 14, 2022 1:08 am

Originally Posted by HereAndThereSC (Post 34314804)
You can get this down to USD$1,696 on BA/AA metal if you search.

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...HvrPebCHRoiF26

HTSC

Flexible routings on oneworld too. I booked in January, 8 segments, AA(3), AY(2) & BA(2). The flights to/from HNL are AA Prime, the rest BA prime or codeshares. Flying A321T JFK-LAX & AA 772 HNL-DFW. All for $1762. Crazy!

James

vji Jun 18, 2022 6:01 pm

Does anyone know of the expiration date for this fare?

MichaelA380 Jun 19, 2022 10:42 am

@vji: The fare rules do not specify an expiration date.

mb752 Jun 20, 2022 6:36 am

Plus similar fares have been available before, e.g.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prem...-business.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prem...r-1-400-a.html

Granted, both of those were at the height of the pandemic, but still. BUD-US fares generally have been very low pretty consistently for at least the last couple of years.

sluneckov Jun 21, 2022 11:56 am

BUD-ANC 1654

golfer20 Jun 21, 2022 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by mb752 (Post 34351920)
BUD-US fares generally have been very low pretty consistently for at least the last couple of years.

the key, of course, is getting the ticket to originate in BUD; ex-ARN fares have also historically been good

my best deals (pre-COVID) are BUD - SNA for $1,300 in J and BUD - JFK for $2,200 in F, haven't had a reason to take advantage of the fares to HNL!

mb752 Jun 21, 2022 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by golfer20 (Post 34356636)
the key, of course, is getting the ticket to originate in BUD; ex-ARN fares have also historically been good

my best deals (pre-COVID) are BUD - SNA for $1,300 in J and BUD - JFK for $2,200 in F, haven't had a reason to take advantage of the fares to HNL!

What do you mean by getting the ticket to originate in BUD? As opposed to what?

Also 2200 for JFK in F would be fantastic, I hope they bring that back. What airline / routing was that? I might have to set a google flights alert for that. ;)

golfer20 Jun 22, 2022 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by mb752 (Post 34356766)
What do you mean by getting the ticket to originate in BUD? As opposed to what?

Also 2200 for JFK in F would be fantastic, I hope they bring that back. What airline / routing was that? I might have to set a google flights alert for that. ;)

You need to fly BUD - USA - BUD, not USA - BUD - USA

If BUD - USA - BUD and you purchase over 180 days out, $1,500 for J and $2,800 for F on OW is everywhere. Very few people can actually take advantage of that price, though.

superscot Jun 23, 2022 6:03 am

Originally Posted by golfer20 (Post 34360054)
You need to fly BUD - USA - BUD, not USA - BUD - USA

If BUD - USA - BUD and you purchase over 180 days out, $1,500 for J and $2,800 for F on OW is everywhere. Very few people can actually take advantage of that price, though.

Not everybody lives in the USA! I think I read somewhere (although prepared to be corrected) that the British Airways forum is the busiest on FT.

golfer20 Jun 23, 2022 11:48 am

Originally Posted by superscot (Post 34361501)
Not everybody lives in the USA! I think I read somewhere (although prepared to be corrected) that the British Airways forum is the busiest on FT.

That's right, it is! If you live in Europe, the positioning flights are much easier :)

palmanfr Jun 29, 2022 1:03 pm

I am wondering about taking advantage of this fare. I have options to fly on AS 737 between LAX and OGG instead of AA 321neo on the same route. The only thing is that AA will make me save a night in Hawaii. Is AA's 321neo first class seat so bad compared to AS ? I guess the service level will be similar on both airlines, or is AS substantially better ?

palmanfr Jul 9, 2022 6:46 am

I've found many options to make this a TP run for next year, but looking at the routing rules, I can see that transit in DOH would give a MPM deduction of 2500 miles.
The fare rules do not mention anything about QR flying or transitis in DOH though, just AREA 2 (where DOH should be included)
But no way to make it work to the prices indicated (cheapest I am getting is 4k, despite having availability for all segments in I on Expert Flyer). Besides including AA, AY or BA codeshare flights on ITA Matrix for QR operated flights, I also tried to route with AA marketed and operated flight between JFK and DOH and BA marketed and operated flight DOH-LGW without any success...
Anyone here managed to include a DOH stop either on the outbound or the inbound ?

Thanks in advance routing rules are below :

V FARE BASIS BK FARE TRAVEL-TICKET AP MINMAX RTG
1 INX1C8S4 I‡R 1048.00 ---- ‡/3 ‡‡/12M AT01
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT AUTO PRICE-YES
FROM-BUD TO-HNL CXR-AA TVL-08MAR23 RULE-J602 IPRA/1
FARE BASIS-INX1C8S4 SPECIAL FARE DIS-E VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BX RT-BUSINESS CLASS EXCURSION
HUF 418530 MPM E30MAR22 D-INFINITY FC-INX1C8S4 FN-
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 29MAR22/0525 EXPIRES INFINITY

PUBLISHED RTG BUD-HNL/AA EF-30MAR22 DIS-INDEF

/VIA THE ATLANTIC/ MPM 9553
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES BETWEEN ORIGIN AND DESTINATION