FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   AF: BUD to OGG/HNL for 1921 in Business (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/2081862-af-bud-ogg-hnl-1921-business.html)

Paul Davis Jun 9, 22 8:34 am

I ended up with this:

From To Flight Aircraft Class
BUD AMS KL1972 737-900 Europe Business
AMS SLC KL057 330-200 Business
SLC OGG DL694 767-300 Delta One
OGG LAX DL448 757 Delta One
LAX AMS KL604 787-9 World Business Class
AMS BUD KL1977 737-800 Europe Business

Wish I had known that WestJet is good - would have created some other options. My quick research made it look kinda lousy - I guess I erred.

Thanks so much for the original tip - this will be a fun trip. Wife loves Christmas in Hawaii.

Flying for Fun Jun 14, 22 1:08 am


Originally Posted by HereAndThereSC (Post 34314804)
You can get this down to USD$1,696 on BA/AA metal if you search.

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...HvrPebCHRoiF26

HTSC

Flexible routings on oneworld too. I booked in January, 8 segments, AA(3), AY(2) & BA(2). The flights to/from HNL are AA Prime, the rest BA prime or codeshares. Flying A321T JFK-LAX & AA 772 HNL-DFW. All for $1762. Crazy!

James

vji Jun 18, 22 6:01 pm

Does anyone know of the expiration date for this fare?

MichaelA380 Jun 19, 22 10:42 am

@vji: The fare rules do not specify an expiration date.

mb752 Jun 20, 22 6:36 am

Plus similar fares have been available before, e.g.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prem...-business.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prem...r-1-400-a.html

Granted, both of those were at the height of the pandemic, but still. BUD-US fares generally have been very low pretty consistently for at least the last couple of years.

sluneckov Jun 21, 22 11:56 am

BUD-ANC 1654

golfer20 Jun 21, 22 1:56 pm


Originally Posted by mb752 (Post 34351920)
BUD-US fares generally have been very low pretty consistently for at least the last couple of years.

the key, of course, is getting the ticket to originate in BUD; ex-ARN fares have also historically been good

my best deals (pre-COVID) are BUD - SNA for $1,300 in J and BUD - JFK for $2,200 in F, haven't had a reason to take advantage of the fares to HNL!

mb752 Jun 21, 22 2:35 pm


Originally Posted by golfer20 (Post 34356636)
the key, of course, is getting the ticket to originate in BUD; ex-ARN fares have also historically been good

my best deals (pre-COVID) are BUD - SNA for $1,300 in J and BUD - JFK for $2,200 in F, haven't had a reason to take advantage of the fares to HNL!

What do you mean by getting the ticket to originate in BUD? As opposed to what?

Also 2200 for JFK in F would be fantastic, I hope they bring that back. What airline / routing was that? I might have to set a google flights alert for that. ;)

golfer20 Jun 22, 22 3:23 pm


Originally Posted by mb752 (Post 34356766)
What do you mean by getting the ticket to originate in BUD? As opposed to what?

Also 2200 for JFK in F would be fantastic, I hope they bring that back. What airline / routing was that? I might have to set a google flights alert for that. ;)

You need to fly BUD - USA - BUD, not USA - BUD - USA

If BUD - USA - BUD and you purchase over 180 days out, $1,500 for J and $2,800 for F on OW is everywhere. Very few people can actually take advantage of that price, though.

superscot Jun 23, 22 6:03 am


Originally Posted by golfer20 (Post 34360054)
You need to fly BUD - USA - BUD, not USA - BUD - USA

If BUD - USA - BUD and you purchase over 180 days out, $1,500 for J and $2,800 for F on OW is everywhere. Very few people can actually take advantage of that price, though.

Not everybody lives in the USA! I think I read somewhere (although prepared to be corrected) that the British Airways forum is the busiest on FT.

golfer20 Jun 23, 22 11:48 am


Originally Posted by superscot (Post 34361501)
Not everybody lives in the USA! I think I read somewhere (although prepared to be corrected) that the British Airways forum is the busiest on FT.

That's right, it is! If you live in Europe, the positioning flights are much easier :)

palmanfr Jun 29, 22 1:03 pm

I am wondering about taking advantage of this fare. I have options to fly on AS 737 between LAX and OGG instead of AA 321neo on the same route. The only thing is that AA will make me save a night in Hawaii. Is AA's 321neo first class seat so bad compared to AS ? I guess the service level will be similar on both airlines, or is AS substantially better ?

palmanfr Jul 9, 22 6:46 am

I've found many options to make this a TP run for next year, but looking at the routing rules, I can see that transit in DOH would give a MPM deduction of 2500 miles.
The fare rules do not mention anything about QR flying or transitis in DOH though, just AREA 2 (where DOH should be included)
But no way to make it work to the prices indicated (cheapest I am getting is 4k, despite having availability for all segments in I on Expert Flyer). Besides including AA, AY or BA codeshare flights on ITA Matrix for QR operated flights, I also tried to route with AA marketed and operated flight between JFK and DOH and BA marketed and operated flight DOH-LGW without any success...
Anyone here managed to include a DOH stop either on the outbound or the inbound ?

Thanks in advance routing rules are below :

V FARE BASIS BK FARE TRAVEL-TICKET AP MINMAX RTG
1 INX1C8S4 IR 1048.00 ---- /3 /12M AT01
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT AUTO PRICE-YES
FROM-BUD TO-HNL CXR-AA TVL-08MAR23 RULE-J602 IPRA/1
FARE BASIS-INX1C8S4 SPECIAL FARE DIS-E VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BX RT-BUSINESS CLASS EXCURSION
HUF 418530 MPM E30MAR22 D-INFINITY FC-INX1C8S4 FN-
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 29MAR22/0525 EXPIRES INFINITY

PUBLISHED RTG BUD-HNL/AA EF-30MAR22 DIS-INDEF

/VIA THE ATLANTIC/ MPM 9553
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES BETWEEN ORIGIN AND DESTINATION
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES ORIGIN TO DESTINATION
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 550 MILES APPLIES
WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA DFW
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 550 MILES APPLIES
WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA CHI AND/OR RDU AND/OR MIA AND/OR
CLT
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 2500 MILES APPLIES
WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA DOH


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:38 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright @ MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.