Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

RJ: CAI - BKK Business GBP 773

Old May 30, 2022, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver

Lot's of availability Oct onwards

Round trip to Bangkok | Google Flights
Old Jun 3, 2022, 12:34 am

Good deal for those who can get to Cairo to start the flight.
Great_circle likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Considering how expensive business class EU to BKK has become compared with pre-COVID (almost doubled whereas cheap Economy fares hardly have changed) this may be a good alternative, combined with some miles/points for the positioning flight.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 7:08 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
I hardly see cheap eco... some carrier prices have almost doubled prices in economy as well, eg. Tk germany- bkk
Old Jun 8, 2022, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by cln
I hardly see cheap eco... some carrier prices have almost doubled prices in economy as well, eg. Tk germany- bkk
I see plenty Y availability in the 500-800 range ex AMS and ARN in early 2023 (not unusual) whereas lowest J fares are well over 2400 (which was usually around 1500).
With the exeption of AY (Business Light, to be avoided) or some with a >30 hour out- or inbound
Old Jun 8, 2022, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by Great_circle
I see plenty Y availability in the 500-800 range ex AMS and ARN in early 2023 (not unusual) whereas lowest J fares are well over 2400 (which was usually around 1500).
With the exeption of AY (Business Light, to be avoided) or some with a >30 hour out- or inbound
As a BA Gold, you get checked-in bag, seat selection and lounge access. Is there still any reason to avoid AY's Business Light ?
Old Jun 9, 2022, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by onobond
As a BA Gold, you get checked-in bag, seat selection and lounge access. Is there still any reason to avoid AY's Business Light ?
On the days on which I can travel (which are plenty) all layovers happen to involve a full night in HEL on the in- or outbound flight. Or both. And I haven't found info on free checked bags for OW Emerald, other than Finnair Plus on AY's website (a link is very welcome if you have any : -)
ExpatSomchai likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 5:41 am

RJ offers also fares ex Germany for reasonable prices. Just booked FRA-BKK-FRA in C over Christmas/NYE for 1630€. Yes, that’s definitely steeper than the price ex CAI, but it’s basically the same I’ve paid 6 years ago. Everything else was really out of my budget.
Great_circle likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by koki_fly
RJ offers also fares ex Germany for reasonable prices. Just booked FRA-BKK-FRA in C over Christmas/NYE for 1630. Yes, thats definitely steeper than the price ex CAI, but its basically the same Ive paid 6 years ago. Everything else was really out of my budget.
Thanks for the info..
koki_fly likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 12:03 pm

Finnair Light fares with OW status

Originally Posted by Great_circle
On the days on which I can travel (which are plenty) all layovers happen to involve a full night in HEL on the in- or outbound flight. Or both. And I haven't found info on free checked bags for OW Emerald, other than Finnair Plus on AY's website (a link is very welcome if you have any : -)
I can confirm that Oneworld Sapphire and Emerald receive tier status benfits on Finnair light fares.

Please see link below:
finnair.com/gb-en/finnair-ticket-types

In particular, this text:As a Finnair Plus member, you continue to have all your tier benefits regardless of the ticket type you choose.

finnair.com/gb-en/finnair-plus/finnair-plus-membership-tiers
Lounge access, additonal baggage, fast track security, business class check in and seat selection etc are all honoured.

We flew business light in April and will be trying Premium Economy light in August.
I would mention that we had a real battle getting them to honour free seat selection for Premium Economy Light - this seems to be an issue as its a new cabinet.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 1:20 am

Programs: AA P, QFPM, EYG, HH D, PC PA
Flew Premium Economy with AY yesterday and getting them to honour any partner OneWorld Emerald benefits was a ‘battle’. After 5 hours on chat line (2 weeks ago) we did receive free seat selection but check in took almost an hour trying to gets bags accepted and arguing that oneWorld Emerald is the same as Finnair Platinum Lumo (not just Platinum). In the end we received OWE extra bag, fast track and lounge access for the Emerald member only and not partner on the same booking. Lounge access for the OWE did allow one guest, but priority screening for SO was denied and bag cost €120!

I will add checkin was more frustrating because our trip started in Madrid and, although it was a Finnair flight, it was operated by Iberia. Regardless of departure point though, it’s clear OWE (partners) benefits are not coded into Finnair’s system properly!

I will be following up with Finnair but not looking forward to wasting another entire day on chat.
Great_circle likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 7:26 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
U can build cai amm bkk amm cai amm fra for 1300 eur for example
Bleuprince16 and reggiekush like this.

Last edited by cln; Aug 27, 2022 at 9:04 am
Old Aug 27, 2022, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by cln
U can build cai amm bkk amm cai amm fra for 1300 for exanple
could I ask what would this flight construction be called? coz it's not exactly a stopover but a "break" i guess. But at the same time if doesn't require a separate ticket purchase and can be added on and combine with the original round trip. Is this a half round trip combined to form an open jaw ? I noticed the YG dropped by more than half. Is this a FD ? wink wiink

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.