FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   CAI - JFK with BA - $2080aud rtn (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/2079987-cai-jfk-ba-2080aud-rtn.html)

TAZ MAN May 20, 2022 7:57 am

CAI - JFK with BA - $2080aud rtn

Found a good deal ex cairo to JFK in Sept/ Oct.

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...fu=EgYIAhAAGAA

BA to JFK business. Also similar prices with Swiss and Lufthansa.

If Cairo not your cup of tea, have a look at the BA flights ex IST to JFK

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...fu=EgYIAhAAGAA

737driver May 20, 2022 8:12 am

Similar prices to EWR and IAD as soon as next week

skunker May 20, 2022 9:43 am

A fare from Egypt to the US on British Airways and you post the price in Aussie Dollars?? :D

Decent fare though.

DeltaFlyingProf May 20, 2022 10:46 am

Beware that CAI-LHR is now in Euro configuration, so 5h of tight space and only 80TPs for those collecting Avios.

salut0 May 21, 2022 9:54 pm

Fare rules seem to state you can do unlimited stopovers and HIP pricing doesn’t kick in but I can’t seem to price a trip with this fare with stops in LHR in either or both directions. How come?

STOPOVERS

ORIGINATING MIDDLE EAST -
UNLIMITED STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE OUTBOUND AND ON
THE INBOUND FARE COMPONENTS
LIMITED TO 2 FREE AND UNLIMITED AT USD 300.00
EACH.

Quail May 21, 2022 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by salut0 (Post 34269804)
Fare rules seem to state you can do unlimited stopovers and HIP pricing doesn’t kick in but I can’t seem to price a trip with this fare with stops in LHR in either or both directions. How come?

It works fine for me, e.g.
Sep 14 CAI-LHR
Sep 21 LGW-JFK
Sep 28 JFK-LHR-CAI

Note the price goes up a few hundred to ~1700 USD because of UK APD.

SNA_Flyer May 22, 2022 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf (Post 34266334)
Beware that CAI-LHR is now in Euro configuration, so 5h of tight space and only 80TPs for those collecting Avios.

Yeah this is a real bummer. Apparently BA got rid of their lie-flat 321 subfleet that they used on this route. And I don't foresee this going back to wide body any time soon.

Was about to book an ex-CAI ticket then noticed that - glad I checked. It's too long of a flight in garbage Club Europe.

DeltaFlyingProf May 26, 2022 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer (Post 34271637)
Yeah this is a real bummer. Apparently BA got rid of their lie-flat 321 subfleet that they used on this route. And I don't foresee this going back to wide body any time soon.

Was about to book an ex-CAI ticket then noticed that - glad I checked. It's too long of a flight in garbage Club Europe.

They had the lie flat 321 from bmi, then they had mostly single daily 787 flights. Now they have twice daily flights both with 321NEO non lie flat. I'm also not keen on taking this horrible config for such a long flight.

writetorich Jun 15, 2022 6:09 am

OP-- Thanks for the quality post!
two questions-
If I want to credit to Alaska , how do I tell the booking class for business on BA?

Also it seems only part of it would be on BA? Am I missing something?
Thanks
BA/Alaska newbie.

I have figured out that the best deal on Alaska's mileage plan is long haul BA premium cabin.

Quail Jun 15, 2022 6:46 am

Originally Posted by writetorich (Post 34337699)
OP-- Thanks for the quality post!
two questions-
If I want to credit to Alaska , how do I tell the booking class for business on BA?

Also it seems only part of it would be on BA? Am I missing something?
Thanks
BA/Alaska newbie.

I have figured out that the best deal on Alaska's mileage plan is long haul BA premium cabin.

Matrix is a good place to see this when searching.For this fare the TATL is in I. Other segments e.g. CAI-LHR can be in J.

thaitraveller Jun 15, 2022 8:00 am

Trying to get sfo to work. Has anyone been able to.

writetorich Jun 15, 2022 3:00 pm

Thanks "Can be in J"?

Originally Posted by Quail (Post 34337771)
Matrix is a good place to see this when searching.For this fare the TATL is in I. Other segments e.g. CAI-LHR can be in J.

Does this mean that you select your flights and if the price does not go up, then check the fare bucket. Does one need to request J with a live agent

Interesting fare because I saw that it had to be Sept 14 on outbound and Sept 28 on the return or the price skyrocketed. I guess it's a 14 day fare. I even tried return on Sept 21 thinking it might be a Wednesday thing. But to no avail.
Now the exciting thing is when these same fare will be available to west Coast non stop from London

Quail Jun 15, 2022 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by writetorich (Post 34339294)
Does this mean that you select your flights and if the price does not go up, then check the fare bucket. Does one need to request J with a live agent

Interesting fare because I saw that it had to be Sept 14 on outbound and Sept 28 on the return or the price skyrocketed. I guess it's a 14 day fare. I even tried return on Sept 21 thinking it might be a Wednesday thing. But to no avail.
Now the exciting thing is when these same fare will be available to west Coast non stop from London

Yes, usually if you don't try to override anything in matrix, the booking codes will match the default when buying online. Yes a live agent can do that, but it shouldn't be necessary: usually if you look closely you'll see it when going through checkout e.g. on an airline site.. look for that before you book.

Shouldn't require 14 days:

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d40e604d57.png

It's probably just an availability issue (no I availability) on the specific dates you were searching.

NA-Flyer Jun 25, 2022 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf (Post 34266334)

I missed the old days when BA was operating 787 to CAI and each sector was earning 140TPs :(

Ducky7 Jun 26, 2022 9:38 am

Sorry for the ignorant question, but why is this flight significantly more expensive if you just flip the cities and do JFK > CAI? Is that typical? Starting in Cairo is pretty wide open with ~$1,500 fares. While starting in New York is $2,100+.