Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

*A LAX-MLE OW from $1345 in business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*A LAX-MLE OW from $1345 in business

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2022, 10:41 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
Originally Posted by tessy143
what dates for YYZ VIE MLE
Mar 11 is an example as of right now. But I'd try using the calendar search for this with YYZ VIE in the routing codes box. matrix handles it quite well since it's a simple one way. (I actually booked with a stopover but that should give you a good start. also happy to help over DM if needed).
Old May 20, 2022, 5:13 am

Does this fare work ex MLE as well? Looking for Dec 3rd.
Old May 20, 2022, 6:10 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by KosherKimchee
Scattered availability via OZ/LX/LH on GF during Jan-March of 2023. Morning arrival into MLE. Didnt check return legs because no way I'd take early morning flight out of MLE. But solid deal for long flight in business even with meh hard products involved. Pair with mileage ticket back to LAX on another carrier with later departure or jump over to CMB for cheap C/F fares back.
Can I just ask why you would be against the early flight out of MLE? My understanding is as long as the int'l flight is after 9am, many resorts 'guarantee' having you back in MLE on time - or am I missing the point you're making?!

I'm interested as I picked up an £1800 return fare from LHR next April as I have been monitoring prices for a few months and seen nothing less than £3k (Sri Lankan usually the cheapest), so it seemed like an excellent deal to me...
Old May 20, 2022, 8:38 am

Also seeing IAH/MIA/ATL departure if the reposition works better for you
via YYZ-ZRH/GVA(stop)-VIE
Old May 20, 2022, 9:13 am

Programs: American Airlines, Hilton
Found as well MIA-LHR-VIE-MLE on April 13 of 2023
Old May 20, 2022, 9:39 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | Hyatt Globalist | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
while the seaplane transfer is an issue if you leave super early, I hate the morning flights because you basically paid for a full day and leave at the crack of dawn. If you leave in the evening, you get to enjoy the resort and room the entire day as they can’t very well kick you out of the room with no where to go.

Originally Posted by dadio77
Can I just ask why you would be against the early flight out of MLE? My understanding is as long as the int'l flight is after 9am, many resorts 'guarantee' having you back in MLE on time - or am I missing the point you're making?!

I'm interested as I picked up an £1800 return fare from LHR next April as I have been monitoring prices for a few months and seen nothing less than £3k (Sri Lankan usually the cheapest), so it seemed like an excellent deal to me...
dadio77 likes this.
Old May 20, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
For those with the AMEX promo: - note Air Canada and United not on the list.(bolding mine)

DETAILS

Get a one-time $300 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $1,000 in one or more purchases on International Airline Program flights booked online at americanexpress.com/us/AmexTravelIAP or by calling the number on the back of your Card by 7/20/2022. See terms for airlines and exclusions.

OFFER TERMS

Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid only for flights operated by select airlines (or a flight + hotel package) and booked directly with American Express Travel online through AmericanExpress.com/us/AmexTravelIAP, through the Amex® App, or by calling the number on the back of your Card. Select airlines include AeroMexico, Air France, Air New Zealand, ANA, Asiana Airlines, Austrian Airlines, British Airways, Brussels Airlines, Cathay Pacific, China Airlines, Delta, Emirates, Etihad, Finnair, Iberia Airlines, Japan Airlines, KLM, LATAM, Lufthansa, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, Swiss International Airlines, and Virgin Atlantic. Flights booked directly with a qualifying airline or through other third-party sites and apps, not listed as eligible, are excluded. Offer not valid for all other types of American Express Travel bookings or purchases not listed as eligible. International Airline Program benefits are valid only for eligible U.S. Consumer and Business Platinum Card® and Centurion® Members (Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Card Members are not eligible), on int’l tkts booked through Amex Travel for select 1st class, business class, and premium economy tickets with participating airlines, subject to availability. Travel must originate in and return to U.S. gateway and select Canadian gateways. An eligible Card Member can book for himself/herself and up to 7 passengers traveling on the same itinerary as that Card Member. Bookings must be made using an eligible Card in the Card Member’s name. Discounts are applied to the base airfare. Discounts are not combinable with other offers unless indicated and may not apply to codeshare partners. Airline fare rules and restrictions apply and are subject to change at the discretion of the airline. Tickets are non-refundable unless otherwise indicated. Tickets are non-transferable; name changes are not permitted. IAP benefits, participating airlines, and ticket availability are subject to change. American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. is acting solely as a sales agent for travel suppliers and is not responsible for the actions or inactions of such suppliers. Certain suppliers pay us commission and other incentives for reaching sales targets or other goals and may provide incentives to our travel consultants. For more information visit www.americanexpress.com/travelterms.
Old May 20, 2022, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Originally Posted by Shadowfactor
while the seaplane transfer is an issue if you leave super early, I hate the morning flights because you basically paid for a full day and leave at the crack of dawn. If you leave in the evening, you get to enjoy the resort and room the entire day as they can’t very well kick you out of the room with no where to go.
Exactly. Most places are $$$$ per night, total waste of money to spend a thousand or three just to wake up, eat breakfast super early and leave. Would rather pay more money for a plane ticket and make the full use of the paid resort day.
dadio77 likes this.
Old May 20, 2022, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by dadio77

As others have stated, it’s a huge waste of money to pay for a resort room just to wake up and go on your last day. However, you could just check out of the resort the day before your flight and spend a night in Male. Lots of culture to see and experience and the hotels are very cheap. And the airport is a short drive away.
Old May 20, 2022, 12:05 pm

Guys, how is Austrian Airline J compared to Lufthansa?
Old May 20, 2022, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by maudline9
Guys, how is Austrian Airline J compared to Lufthansa?
"Sad" is the best way to say it
Old May 20, 2022, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Had some issues in booking with GF- Priceline link. Kept changing fares. Finally worked on 1 date so I assume the availability per flight is limited. 2nd reservation for other coming differently to match up in MUC was an issue and doubled in price. Ended up with Orbitz for 2nd ticket. Both AC stock. Booked for March 2023.
Old May 20, 2022, 1:02 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by CaliTravelbug
As others have stated, it’s a huge waste of money to pay for a resort room just to wake up and go on your last day. However, you could just check out of the resort the day before your flight and spend a night in Male. Lots of culture to see and experience and the hotels are very cheap. And the airport is a short drive away.
Thanks all - it's a fair point, though I'm paying around £600 per night vs. £1200 (x3) for the next cheapest flight - landing back at LHR at 18:40 is also a pretty decent time to get back in to the UK so it feels a fair trade - I was just concerned it was something blindingly obvious I hadn't contemplated!
Old May 20, 2022, 4:26 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
ZRH-MLE (LX8066) is M,W,Th,Sa (this is a Edelweiss 343 with alternating 1-2-1, 2-2-1 lie flats)
VIE-MLE (OS45) is M, W, F (this is a Austrian 772 with alternating 1-2-1 and 2-2-2 lie flats)
The Eurowings (4Y) flights look like 2-2-2 recliners

The routing table for the LH fare seems to allow routing through India as well, with AI or UL onward to MLE
The routing table for AC has both DOH (QR onward) and DXB (EK onward) as options.

I havent checked the fare rules carefully enough to guarantee those are allowed, or if there are flights that allow these routings. Worth some digging to see if there is better metal more of the way there...
Old May 20, 2022, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
4Y flights have 2-2-2 flat beds, not recliners, in J. The seats are exactly the same as those in LH J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.